Other Teams Squad announcements for Asian Cup 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
    Like Japan, we're also contenders. Difference between Iran and Japan is that Japan functions like a machine where you can replace any of the pieces and it'll work in the same way. In our case, CQ is the glue that is keeping this team largely together. Regardless of how terrific people may think our players are, I find it frightening to think what we'd look like without CQ. The same players that go and perform as they did in the World Cup under CQ can barely qualify for the latter stages of the Asian Games and the Olympics itself.
    We will realize our fear once CQ leaves TM. Then we will regret for having someone like CQ and did not appreciate him. iranian are "namak nashnas"
    IRI = FAILED

Comment

Vietnam's apparent best defender has been ruled out of AC 19'. He has a foot injury from Vietnams AFF Final win vs. Malaysia:

"AFC Asian Cup 2019: Vietnam star ruled out of continental showpiece"

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/footba...zuki-cup-2018/

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
        WOW - what is the japan coach on?

okazaki, kagawa, honda, hasebe, kawashima, Inui............this is mindblowing to me that this many key players can be left out! he went all out in rebuild mode for this....
        If you hadnt noticed, japan and korea do not take Asian Cup seriously.

They use it as a rebuilding tournament for the upcoming WCQ and WC. Players who cant play in the 2022 WC wont play in the Asian Cup.

Comment

That was the case till about 20 years ago but not anymore , they all now send thier A teams to that tournment

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post

They use it as a rebuilding tournament for the upcoming WCQ and WC. Players who cant play in the 2022 WC wont play in the Asian Cup.
            If true, this is a terrible strategy as continental tournament wins are second only to the WC for FIFA ranking points which are used for WC pot standing. They’d be shooting themselves in the foot.

Comment

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
              We will realize our fear once CQ leaves TM. Then we will regret for having someone like CQ and did not appreciate him. iranian are "namak nashnas"
              I don't think that wanting change after 8 years with same coach is being unappreciative of all he has done for our national team. I believe that having the same coach with same regiment and tactics will make the team predictable and stagnate.

This is a good time for change. It gives the IFF management time to get a new Coach and have him in charge of the team during the qualifying for the next world Cup.
              I am hoping that they will find a suitable replacement for CQ. We are in much better shape than when CQ joined us, and should be more attractive than 8 years ago,

Comment

Historically yes but it's unfair to make that assessment for the last two tournaments. If you look at Japan's squad and South Korea's squad for the 2011 and 2015 editions, it would be cruelly unfair to say that they sent anything less than their best squad. The same can be said about the 2019 edition; most of the missing Japanese legionnaires that are missing have either retired following the World Cup or are now above 30. From what I can see by browsing the Korean forums, they most certainly will be sending an A-squad to the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
                  I wish I could tag Hoorad here, when he cries next year because of the garbage coach we are going to have. He's going to be begging for CQ to come back!

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                    I wish I could tag Hoorad here, when he cries next year because of the garbage coach we are going to have. He's going to be begging for CQ to come back!
                    You haven't heard? CQ is going to Manchester after the Asian cup and Mourinho is coming to coach Iran. I cant wait for mourinho and taj to get at each others throats

p.s complete joke
                    Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                    http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                    [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
                    Villa + Messi =

Comment

It's not like any of these teams are going to win the WC anytime soon. It would be utterly stupid to pass up on a Continental Tournament that they have a shot on winning to build up for the WC that they will hope just getting out of group.
                      For years to come, this is the most prestigious Tournament for any Asian Country,

Comment

Korea stopped caring for 2007 and 2011. They care again now, its a big deal to them because their players would get military exemption and its been over 50 years since they won it last.

Comment

Korea sent thier best squad in 2011 with the excepton of Park Chu-Yong who was injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            Korea stopped caring for 2007 and 2011. They care again now, its a big deal to them because their players would get military exemption and its been over 50 years since they won it last.
                            Quick correction. Korean players do not get military exemption from winning the Asian Cup. Only Asian Games and Olympics. But Korea does strongly care about Asian Cup. They hope to win it this time.

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austra...#Current_squad

Australia squad announced.

Comment

https://twitter.com/theKFA/status/1075642531965108224

South Korean squad announced.

Comment

Working...
                                X