No announcement yet.

TM List for Asian Cup - 35 Man List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahmadzadeh is total waste of spot. There are tons of IPL midfielders better than him.

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
      I think Kanaani will go. I see Cheshmi getting the drop controversially.
      Also Niazmand deserves it over Hosseini and Mazaheri.
      These could be valid points based on observations from outside. I personally think CQ relies on a longer history of data and performance and tests against stronger opponents (Cheshmi did well against Morocco). Regarding keepers, he wanted to send a message to Niazmand that he (CQ) likes what he sees yet again Niazmand has not really had the experience and/or camp attendance to be called at this stage. Without having access to all the considerations that CQ and his technical team have, I am trying to guess what they will do and I could very well be wrong. The hard part will be cutting six more players on 12/26. That could definitely have surprises for all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
        These could be valid points based on observations from outside. I personally think CQ relies on a longer history of data and performance and tests against stronger opponents (Cheshmi did well again Morocco). For keepers, he wanted to send a message to Niazmand that he (CQ) likes what he sees yet again Niazmand has not really had the experience and/or camp attendance to be called at this stage. Without having access to all the considerations that CQ and his technical team have, I am trying to guess what they will do and I could very well be wrong. The hard part will be cutting six more players on 12/26. That could definitely have surprises for all of us.
        My opinion on Cheshmi against Morocco is that he couldn't really play bad in that game. Had the support of the players being very close to him and compact. Cheshmi has shown time and time again that he cannot play in a high defensive line with a possession based tactic. Something we'll play with in the Asian Cup. Queiroz not playing to replace Majid against Venezuela is a big sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
          Ahmadzadeh is total waste of spot. There are tons of IPL midfielders better than him.
          No there aren't!
          I thought Farshad fits CQ's tactics great and could have been part of the WC team as a winger or DM. He is feisty, he runs back when he loses the ball and often wins the ball back, can play multiple positions and he is an underrated passer specially from deep in the defensive midfield.

yes He is a terrible finisher, but that won't be his job in CQ's system.

Comment

Great list!

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
              only 24 players will make it to qatar camp. Rest are standby (kind of like how beiatashour was technically included in WC list but never invited to camp).

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                Goalkeepers
                Alireza Beiranvand - Pesepolis
                Amir Abedzadeh - C.S. Marítimo
                Mohammad Rashid Mazaheri - Zob Ahan
                Hossein Hosseini - Esteghlal
                Payam Niazmand - Sepahan
                Defenders
                Ramin Rezaeian - Al Shahania
                Vouria Ghafouri - Esteghlal
                Sadegh Moharrami - Dinamo Zagreb
                Morteza Pouraliganji - KAS Eupen
                Pejman Montazeri - Esteghlal
                Mohammad Reza Khanzadeh - Al Ahli
                Majid Hosseini - Trabzonspor
                Hossein Kanaani - Machine Sazi
                Roozbeh Chesmhi - Esteghlal
                Ehsan Hajsafi - Sepahan
                Milad Mohammadi - Akhmat Grozny
                Saeid Aghaei - Sepahan
                Midfielders
                Saeid Ezatollahi - Reading
                Omid Ebrahimi - Esteghlal
                Ahmad Nourallahi - Persepolis
                Saman Ghoddos - Amiens SC
                Ashkan Dejagah - Tractor Sazi
                Ali Karimi - Esteghlal
                Vahid Amiri - Trabzonspor
                Masoud Shojaei - Tractor Sazi
                Ahmad Abdollahzadeh - Nassaji Mazandaran
                Strikers
                Mehdi Taremi - Al Gharafa
                Ali Gholizadeh - Sporting Charleroi
                Ali Alipour - Persepolis
                Alireza Jhanabkbakhsh - Brighton & Hove Albion
                Mehdi Torabi - Saipa
                Farshad Ahmadzadeh - Śląsk Wrocław
                Sardar Azmoun - Rubin Kazan
                Karimi Ansarifard - Nottingham Forrest
                Kaveh Rezaei - Club Brugge
                All the shine of a thousand spotlights
                All the stars that we steal from the nightsky
                Will never be enough
                Never be enough

Towers of gold are still too little
                These hands could hold the world but it'll
                Never be enough
                Never be enough...
                (Pasek&Paul, The Greatest Showman)

All the best to our mystical coach and his sufi warriors.
                Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  how's it that Padideh, have No player in the list ..!
                  cause we dont have a bunch of wanker fans whining about it a la PP...??
                  Younes Shakeri certainly deserves to be given a chance to play for TM. It is nothing new. In the past many talented players from Mashhad-born or Mashhad-based who deserved to be in TM did not get selected such as Saeed Sayami in the 1980s, or likes of Reza Sahebi, Abdol Jalil Golcheshmeh in the 1990s or 2000s. Such a shame!

Comment

Have you guys heard of this player we used to have called Khodadad something?
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      only 24 players will make it to qatar camp. Rest are standby (kind of like how beiatashour was technically included in WC list but never invited to camp).
                      According to AFC Cup 2019 Competition Regulations (http://www.the-afc.com/afc/documents...on-regulations), CQ has until 10 days before the start of the tournament, i.e. 12/26/18, to register his final list of 23 players. I think he will be probably take more than 23 to the Qatar camp. It's just better risk management to use the time he has in case something happens in the training camp or the game against Lebanon (assuming that happens).

Comment

Final list should look like this

GK (3): Beiro, Abedzadeh, (1 between Mazaheri and Hosseini)

DEF (8): Hajsafi, Mimo, Majid, Cheshmi, PAG, (1 between Montazeri, Kanani, Khamzadeh), (2 between Voria, Ramin, Moharrami)

MDF (6): 2 of these would NOT make it: Ezza, Omid, Masoud, Dejagah, Amiri, Ghoddoos, Karimi, Noorollahi

ATT (6): 1 would NOT make it: Sardar, Taremi, Karim, Torabi, Gholizadeh, AJB, Kaveh

Possible plot twist: Taking 7 defenders (instead of 8) and 7 midfielders (instead of 6)

حاج*صفی محمدی چشمی حسینی مرتضی ( یکی بین کنعانی منتظری خانزاده) (دو تا بین ووریا رامین محرمی)

عزت*الهی ابراهیمی (دو تا بین دژاگه نورالهی کریمی شجاعی)

(یکی بین سردار طارمی کریم قدوس امیری ترابی قلی*پور کاوه جهانبخش خط می*خوره)

‎#تیم_ملی

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m glad Niazmand got a call up. He totally deserved to be a part of Team Melli camp after his outstanding performances for Sepahan so far this season.

A young talented keeper. It’s just sad that he may not gain too much experience being coached under Carlos, as Carlos is looking to leave after AC2019.

Comment

Solid list.
                            I rather have Shekari over Ahmadzadeh and its not even close.
                            I am hoping Niazmand makes the team, he is a stud and will easily have a future on TM

I think either Vouria or Ramin gets cut since they already have Moharammi.
                            I also agree with Kanani over Cheshmi.

Comment

Amin Ghaseminejad of PAD should be in the camp instead of the benched players
                              on 3rd rate Euro leagues. CQ's assistants are blind, on the take or both.

Comment

Here is another reason CQ will initially take more than 23 to Doha. Look at the image above from what CQ published on Nov 24, 2018 on ffiri.ir . For the first week (December 17 through December 23) there is a red strip annotating those seven days as 'CAMP 1' and after that he has the cyan (blue) strip with 'FINAL CAMP' annotation. I am going out on a limb here but my guess is that for 'CAMP 1' in Doha, he will take more than 23 and test the recently available players after injury and allow for other mishaps (simple risk management by a wise cerebral coach like CQ) and then declare the final list for 'FINAL CAMP' before or on the 26th (i.e. AFC deadline for the final 23). He did a similar thing for the WC when he kept Vouria and Seyed Jalal in the Tehran portion of the camp and played both of them against Uzbekistan on May 19, 2018 before finalizing his list and dropping them.

On another note, just playing Kanaanizadegan doesn't mean that CQ will pick him. He Played Seyed Jalal multiple times in friendlies and then dropped him. CQ Has a lot of trust in Cheshmi as he has said it multiple times and he will keep him. That's what I think.

Again, this is part based on history and part based on speculation without having all the data and selection criteria that CQ and his technical team go by.

Comment

Working...
                                X