Iran's vote for Ballon d'or - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Iran's vote for Ballon d'or

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,777 Times in 4,834 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    CR7 carried RM to CL but was terrible for Portugal.
    Did you actually watch the Portugal-Spain game?

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    This past year both Salah and Hazard have had some of the best performances in their lives, and like Taz said this is a yearly thing not a cumulative career-based thing.
    I actually think Iran's vote was pretty good. Messi was injured for a good chunk of the year. I would've still put Cristiano above Hazard though, he was so immense. Modric had an other-worldly year in so many different ways.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TM4LIFE For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,777 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TM4LIFE View Post
    This past year both Salah and Hazard have had some of the best performances in their lives, and like Taz said this is a yearly thing not a cumulative career-based thing.
    I actually think Iran's vote was pretty good. Messi was injured for a good chunk of the year. I would've still put Cristiano above Hazard though, he was so immense. Modric had an other-worldly year in so many different ways.
    Hazard at his best season doesn't even come close to Messi or Ronaldo though..

I love Modric, but honestly no one deserved it more than Ronaldo this year.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,722 Times in 1,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Camran khan View Post
    Did you actually watch the Portugal-Spain game?
    Did you watch the Portugal-Iran game and the Portugal-Uruguay game? Whoever was wearing Ronaldo's shirt that day doesn't deserve the Balon D'or

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 2,337 Times in 892 Posts
    This is a pretty fair ranking really from the Iranian guy. I can't argue too strongly against it.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DR Strangemoosh For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Messi everytime until he retires

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farhad21 For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    What an absolute garbage these individual awards are.... Messi and Ronaldo are the best players in the world. The likes of Modric and Salah dont even come close to them.

Messi should have won it if it was really an award for the best player in the world! His stats for the year speak for themselves. He was the first player to lead La Liga in EVERYSINGLE offensive category!

European Golden booth
    La Liga Pichichi
    Most assists in La Liga
    Most chances Created in Europe
    Most successful dribbles
    Most free kick goals in Europe 7
    Most Match MVPs in Europe (CL 6 out of 8!)
    Highest rated player in Europe (per match analysis by Whoscored)
    Most Man of the match awards in all competitions.

I find it funny somehow winning La Liga and Copa Del Rey are not too important now... Ronaldo the second greatest player of this generation only won the league twice in 9 years with Real Madrid!

Messi's problem is that he is so good that putting up numbers like this are not crazy.. same thing with Ronaldo? seriously 40 plus goals a year and Modric wins the best player award?

I will not get into Ronaldo's stats as his was also far superior to Modric! for me the best players in the world are Messi and Ronaldo.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rightoussoul For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,496 Times in 483 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    The iranian vote is so shameful. It shows well the iranian mentality to **** the powerful (CR7 & Messi in this case) and a positive bias for muslims (Salah).
    I am not fan of the french NT, specially griezmann but how no world champions players in the top5 (while one has also won the champions league and the other the europa league)?
    Hazard lol. Salah the Mahrez 2.0 : average player that had the season of his life in a overrated league.
    I think you have it backward: Modric ended up winning (consistent with Iranian selection for #1), and Salah is listed in 50% of the submitted votes as a top 5 candidate (again consistent with Iranian vote). Please take off your "Iranian mentality sucks" goggles, they're impairing your judgement.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to diz For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,510 Posts

BEST PART XD

Formerly known as Hoorad

General Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    The iranian vote is so shameful. It shows well the iranian mentality to **** the powerful (CR7 & Messi in this case) and a positive bias for muslims (Salah).

I am not fan of the french NT, specially griezmann but how no world champions players in the top5 (while one has also won the champions league and the other the europa league)?

Hazard lol. Salah the Mahrez 2.0 : average player that had the season of his life in a overrated league.
    lol are you cooked? salah is on 7 goals already this season and epl overrated?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 152

You do not have permission to view the list of names.