Iran's vote for Ballon d'or

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iran's vote for Ballon d'or

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,025 Times in 1,806 Posts

Iran's vote for Ballon d'or

Meet your Persian Love Today
    1. Modric 2 Hazard 3 CR7 4 Salah 5 Messi

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PSGman#19 For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,332 Times in 4,737 Posts
    1 or 2 is a toss up,

two players who i highly rated and always thought they were highly under-rated before their recent blow up into spotlight after good WC runs.

the rest are in somewhat sensible order as well..!! ? Mbappe perhaps shoulda cracked the top 5..! personally woulda dumped the played-out/currently overrated Ronaldo

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,340 Times in 1,300 Posts
    Hazard lol

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,025 Times in 1,806 Posts
    The iranian vote is so shameful. It shows well the iranian mentality to **** the powerful (CR7 & Messi in this case) and a positive bias for muslims (Salah).

I am not fan of the french NT, specially griezmann but how no world champions players in the top5 (while one has also won the champions league and the other the europa league)?

Hazard lol. Salah the Mahrez 2.0 : average player that had the season of his life in a overrated league.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PSGman#19 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    1. Modric 2 Hazard 3 CR7 4 Salah 5 Messi

You wrote it wrong it's actually
    1. Modric 2 Hazard 3 CR7 4 Messi 5 Sallah.. still very b.s...

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,720 Times in 1,263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    The iranian vote is so shameful. It shows well the iranian mentality to **** the powerful (CR7 & Messi in this case) and a positive bias for muslims (Salah).

I am not fan of the french NT, specially griezmann but how no world champions players in the top5 (while one has also won the champions league and the other the europa league)?

Hazard lol. Salah the Mahrez 2.0 : average player that had the season of his life in a overrated league.
    I'm fine with the logic of CR7 and Messi not being first.

CR7 carried RM to CL but was terrible for Portugal.

Messi only carried La Liga.

The Muslim bias is clear but look at the French voting for Varane over Messi. Lots of bias in different ways.

Frankly, Ronaldo was such a prick to us in our game even if the vote was petty I'm ok with that

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Hazard is a great footballer..... idk wtf you guys complaining about..??

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,340 Times in 1,300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BacheLot View Post
    Hazard is a great footballer..... idk wtf you guys complaining about..??
    he's not the 2nd best player in the world though.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Pouya For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Hazard is damn top quality when it comes to football intelligence, vision and awareness and possess the grit to compete admirably, game in, game out, in quiet possibly the toughest league in the world and he literally carried his country deep into the WC playoffs..! something neither Ronaldo, nor the mighty Messi have been able to do internationally with any degree of consistency throughout their career... especially Messi in that regards..!
    its only been until recently that he is finally getting his well past due props and finally regarded as one of the greats of the game..!

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 619 Posts
    Only Iranians gonna try spin a poor guy's 5 sensible selections as some cultural/political BS. The votes aren't for the most able player (or else Messi would win every year), it's about who has performed the best in the year (which is why Ronaldo has managed to win a good few times over Messi and) which is why Modric, Hazard, Salah and the French boys are in there.

Quite a boring list of votes, not one bent vote, even from the small barely-existant countries. It's the other one where I think the players themselves vote which usually ends up being lol with Ronaldo voting for Hossein Mahini over Messi and stuff.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Taz For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 152

You do not have permission to view the list of names.