X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran's vote for Ballon d'or

1. Modric 2 Hazard 3 CR7 4 Salah 5 Messi

1 or 2 is a toss up,

two players who i highly rated and always thought they were highly under-rated before their recent blow up into spotlight after good WC runs.

the rest are in somewhat sensible order as well..!! ? Mbappe perhaps shoulda cracked the top 5..! personally woulda dumped the played-out/currently overrated Ronaldo

Comment

Hazard lol

Comment

The iranian vote is so shameful. It shows well the iranian mentality to **** the powerful (CR7 & Messi in this case) and a positive bias for muslims (Salah).

I am not fan of the french NT, specially griezmann but how no world champions players in the top5 (while one has also won the champions league and the other the europa league)?

Hazard lol. Salah the Mahrez 2.0 : average player that had the season of his life in a overrated league.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          1. Modric 2 Hazard 3 CR7 4 Salah 5 Messi

You wrote it wrong it's actually
          1. Modric 2 Hazard 3 CR7 4 Messi 5 Sallah.. still very b.s...

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
            The iranian vote is so shameful. It shows well the iranian mentality to **** the powerful (CR7 & Messi in this case) and a positive bias for muslims (Salah).

I am not fan of the french NT, specially griezmann but how no world champions players in the top5 (while one has also won the champions league and the other the europa league)?

Hazard lol. Salah the Mahrez 2.0 : average player that had the season of his life in a overrated league.
            I'm fine with the logic of CR7 and Messi not being first.

CR7 carried RM to CL but was terrible for Portugal.

Messi only carried La Liga.

The Muslim bias is clear but look at the French voting for Varane over Messi. Lots of bias in different ways.

Frankly, Ronaldo was such a prick to us in our game even if the vote was petty I'm ok with that

Comment

Hazard is a great footballer..... idk wtf you guys complaining about..??

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                Hazard is a great footballer..... idk wtf you guys complaining about..??
                he's not the 2nd best player in the world though.

Comment

Hazard is damn top quality when it comes to football intelligence, vision and awareness and possess the grit to compete admirably, game in, game out, in quiet possibly the toughest league in the world and he literally carried his country deep into the WC playoffs..! something neither Ronaldo, nor the mighty Messi have been able to do internationally with any degree of consistency throughout their career... especially Messi in that regards..!
                  its only been until recently that he is finally getting his well past due props and finally regarded as one of the greats of the game..!

Comment

Only Iranians gonna try spin a poor guy's 5 sensible selections as some cultural/political BS. The votes aren't for the most able player (or else Messi would win every year), it's about who has performed the best in the year (which is why Ronaldo has managed to win a good few times over Messi and) which is why Modric, Hazard, Salah and the French boys are in there.

Quite a boring list of votes, not one bent vote, even from the small barely-existant countries. It's the other one where I think the players themselves vote which usually ends up being lol with Ronaldo voting for Hossein Mahini over Messi and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                      CR7 carried RM to CL but was terrible for Portugal.
                      Did you actually watch the Portugal-Spain game?

Comment

This past year both Salah and Hazard have had some of the best performances in their lives, and like Taz said this is a yearly thing not a cumulative career-based thing.
                        I actually think Iran's vote was pretty good. Messi was injured for a good chunk of the year. I would've still put Cristiano above Hazard though, he was so immense. Modric had an other-worldly year in so many different ways.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                          This past year both Salah and Hazard have had some of the best performances in their lives, and like Taz said this is a yearly thing not a cumulative career-based thing.
                          I actually think Iran's vote was pretty good. Messi was injured for a good chunk of the year. I would've still put Cristiano above Hazard though, he was so immense. Modric had an other-worldly year in so many different ways.
                          Hazard at his best season doesn't even come close to Messi or Ronaldo though..

I love Modric, but honestly no one deserved it more than Ronaldo this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                            Did you actually watch the Portugal-Spain game?
                            Did you watch the Portugal-Iran game and the Portugal-Uruguay game? Whoever was wearing Ronaldo's shirt that day doesn't deserve the Balon D'or

Comment

This is a pretty fair ranking really from the Iranian guy. I can't argue too strongly against it.

Comment

Working...
                              X