No announcement yet.

Happy 21st Anniversary!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran is currently better than Australia by a large margin, especially since Australia don't have Cahill anymore and Arzani for the moment being.

Comment

I know this is a bit out of sync but I just came across the liveblog from the Guardian and it makes for the best reading from start to finish

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ayoff-liveblog

Comment

One of the best parts:

70 min: And here’s the man I’ve been worried about. Iran have gone to the bench and it’s the flyer - Ebrahim Tahami who will come on for the tiring Sadavi. Can he turn the contest? They’ll need to be on their toes, the Australian defenders.

48 min: They’re dancing in the crowd - some of these fans are ringing their partners back home to book the plane tickets. They’re dreaming of the Champs Elysee and the markets of Montmarte already!

48 min: Now - what’s happened here. The Iranian net is looping down off the crossbar – how’s that happened?

There’s a chorus of boos around the stadium, and security frogmarch a fellow with long foolish hair down the tunnel. Was it a pitch invader? Some idiot chasing fifteen seconds of fame – he’ll be forgotten tomorrow. On with the game, thanks.

65 min: “This is Australia’s night - from the first minute they’ve knocked Iran out, and I know there’s a long way to go”, intones Johnny Warren from next door, and i’m inclined to agree.

72 min: Again, I hear the words of Captain Socceroo Johnny Warren coming through the thin walls between the press box and the commentary room.

“They say, Paul, the most dangerous score to lead by is 2-0, because you appear to have the match wrapped up, the other team get one back, even though it hasn’t been deserved on tonight’s general play, and suddenly the complexion of the game changes.”

I have to say, on this occasion, I don’t agree with him. If you’re allowed to say that to the legend of the game.

I never knew Vieira said this:
        “I’m really sorry - I know Johnny Warren, I met Les last night. I know how these people are suffering - how Australian kids who play football are suffering. In truth, if we had to have a winner here - it should have been Australia”.

Imagine CQ saying that...

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
          One of the best parts:

70 min: And here’s the man I’ve been worried about. Iran have gone to the bench and it’s the flyer - Ebrahim Tahami who will come on for the tiring Sadavi. Can he turn the contest? They’ll need to be on their toes, the Australian defenders.

48 min: They’re dancing in the crowd - some of these fans are ringing their partners back home to book the plane tickets. They’re dreaming of the Champs Elysee and the markets of Montmarte already!

48 min: Now - what’s happened here. The Iranian net is looping down off the crossbar – how’s that happened?

There’s a chorus of boos around the stadium, and security frogmarch a fellow with long foolish hair down the tunnel. Was it a pitch invader? Some idiot chasing fifteen seconds of fame – he’ll be forgotten tomorrow. On with the game, thanks.

65 min: “This is Australia’s night - from the first minute they’ve knocked Iran out, and I know there’s a long way to go”, intones Johnny Warren from next door, and i’m inclined to agree.

72 min: Again, I hear the words of Captain Socceroo Johnny Warren coming through the thin walls between the press box and the commentary room.

“They say, Paul, the most dangerous score to lead by is 2-0, because you appear to have the match wrapped up, the other team get one back, even though it hasn’t been deserved on tonight’s general play, and suddenly the complexion of the game changes.”

I have to say, on this occasion, I don’t agree with him. If you’re allowed to say that to the legend of the game.

I never knew Vieira said this:
          “I’m really sorry - I know Johnny Warren, I met Les last night. I know how these people are suffering - how Australian kids who play football are suffering. In truth, if we had to have a winner here - it should have been Australia”.

Imagine CQ saying that...
          Thanks for that.

Vieira didn’t really coach. From my understanding based on what players have said, at half time everyone had lost hope and Vieira only told them to go out and play.

Comment

Where has KC been?
            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Working...
            X