Happy 21st Anniversary!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy 21st Anniversary!

What a night, what a result, 21 years later I still get goosebumps.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

احمدرضا عابدزاده یکی از ستاره*های ایران در بازی تاریخی ایران و استرالیا در 8 آذر 1376 بود.

به گزارش ایسنا به نقل از خبرورزشی، خداداد عزیزی با گلی که درون دروازه مارک بوسنیچ کاشت، حماسه*ساز ملبورن شد... گل زیبای او با گزارش جواد خیابانی سالیان سال در تمامی برنامه*های ورزشی تلویزیون پخش می*شد... خداداد گل صعود ما به جام جهانی را زد اما بی*انصافی است اگر یادمان برود صعودمان با درخشش عقاب آسیا رقم خورد. احمدرضا عابدزاده آن روز به معنی واقعی کلمه یک تیم بود... آنچه می*خوانید روایت عقاب آسیاست از حماسه ملبورن:

جو وحشتناکی بود، استرالیایی*ها بازی را با حملات پی در پی شروع کردند و قبل از اینکه بچه*ها به خودشان بیایند، گل*های اول و دوم را خوردیم. بین دو نیمه وقتی 2 بر صفر عقب بودیم، در رختکن هیچ*کس توان حرف زدن نداشت. به بچه*ها گفتم فکر کنید همه*چیز تمام شده است. دیگر چیزی برای از دست دادن نداریم. بازی را باختیم ولی بیایید در نیمه دوم برای خودمان بازی کنیم. بیایید به همه نشان بدهیم تسلیم استرالیا نمی*شویم. برای چه باید دفاع کنیم وقتی 2 - صفر و 5 - صفر هیچ فرقی ندارد؟ برویم داخل زمین حریف بازی کنیم. خاکپور هم چند دقیقه*ای با بچه*ها حرف زد و بقیه سکوت کرده بودند. با شروع نیمه دوم، فشار حریف کمتر شد اما هنوز جرأت حمله نداشتیم تا اینکه تماشاگر استرالیایی آن کار خنده*دار را انجام داد.

تور دروازه را پاره کرد و من هم که از رفتار او خنده*ام گرفته بود، چند حرکت نمایشی انجام دادم. آن لحظات از زیر فشار خارج شدیم و بقیه بازی را هم که همه مردم بهتر از من یادشان هست. دو گل زدیم و بعد از نزدیک 100 دقیقه بازی سنگین، به جام جهانی رسیدیم. ساندرو پوهل مجاری وقتی سوت پایان را کشید، سر از پا نمی*شناختیم. شاد بودیم و خبر از اوضاع تهران نداشتیم. هیچ*یک از بچه*ها نمی*دانستند تهران چه خبر است. قرار بود وقتی به هتل رسیدیم، با تهران تماس بگیریم و با خانواده*های*مان صحبت کنیم. من با سیم*کارت بین*المللی که متعلق به دبی بود، از همان ورزشگاه به همسرم زنگ زدم و تازه فهمیدم مردم در سراسر ایران به خیابان*ها ریخته*اند و در حال جشن گرفتن هستند.

وقتی این خبر را به بچه*ها دادم، شادی همه چند برابر شد... خوب یادم هست موقع بازی وقتی به جمعیت نگاه می*کردیم، تصورمان این بود که ایرانی*های زیادی در ورزشگاه نیستند اما وقتی بازی تمام شد و استرالیایی*ها ناراحت و شاکی از ورزشگاه رفتند، تازه فهمیدیم بالای 4 هزار نفر ایرانی داخل ورزشگاه بوده*اند اما استرالیایی*ها جایگاه مشخصی برای ایرانیان در نظر نگرفته بودند تا آنها کنار هم نباشند و نتوانند به شکل متحد تیم ملی را تشویق کنند. بازی تمام شد، استرالیایی*ها رفتند و ما ماندیم و بیش از 4 هزار ایرانی که تشویق*مان می*کردند. بعد از بازی، از استرالیا به دبی رفتیم و دو روز هم در دبی بودیم که ایرانیان مقیم این کشور ما را هدیه*باران کردند.

از لوازم خانگی بگیرید تا جایزه نقدی... آن موقع 4 نفر از ملی*پوشان همراه ما نبودند اما به داریوش مصطفوی گفتم اجازه نمی*دهم حق این 4 نفر پایمال شود چون آنها هم 5 ماه در اردو کنار ما بودند و باید هر پاداشی که در دبی یا تهران به دیگران می*دهند، به این 4 ملی*پوش هم تعلق بگیرد... بعد هم که برگشتیم ایران و با هلی*کوپتر ما را به ورزشگاه آزادی بردند. خیلی لذت*بخش بود. در فرودگاه از هواپیما پیاده شدیم و سوار هلی*کوپتر به ورزشگاه آزادی رفتیم و در جشن مردم شرکت کردیم. آن جشن هنوز در ذهنم زنده است.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

I was in Boston visiting a relative. Once there they told my relative's friend that there is a restaurant that shows Iran's games and if I wanted we could go there to watch this one. So we got up at around 3:00am and went there and it was packed with Iranians (and one Australian guy). The owner kept trying to get the game on his TV but the signal wasn't working. In the meantime someone got on the computer and found a site that reported the game every minute or so. So he kept reading us what was going on and just about every line was an Australian attack. Finally Australia scored. The owner was still trying to get us a signal but was unsuccessful. The second half started pretty much the same as the first and when Australia scored the second goal (that again we only were able to read about) everyone pretty much got up to leave as we figured it was over. I came back and went straight to sleep but in the morning my relative started waking me up to tell me that Iran had qualified. I shrugged if off thinking it was just a prank to wake me up. It wasn't until lunch that day when we ordered chelo kabab from Moby Dick that I grabbed the phone from my relative after the order was placed and asked the owner if the 2-2 tie was true and they confirmed it was.

Comment

Considering the circumstances this is a kind of result which happen once a few decades.
        As a die hard TM fan in last almost 30 years, that was INDEED my best day as a fan. What a feeling.

Comment

Comment

https://twitter.com/PersianFutbol/st...70258630250502

Comment

Amazing
              How are all the players doing now? Is the federation looking after them?
              Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

that was the momentous game that rekindled my connection back to homeland after a 10 years of complete hiatus after my arrival to USA ..!
                I didnt see the match, however the news of the result (i dont remember how i heard of it first now ??) sparked my curiosity and upon reading about it on IranKicks....pretty much hooked me back up to following Iranian Football Primarily.... and after a long while of only reading the IK boards and then PFDC forums... in anticipation of planned trip to Germany to watch the WC06 i finally joined PFDC as a member sometimes before WC06 and its all history now as they say..!!

Comment

Great times.
                  These were the times when we wouldn't know the result until several hours after.
                  Just knowing the score sometimes was difficult.

My father and I really didn't expect TM to make it after the f***ups versus Kuwait, Qatar and Japan before this.

Comment

These guys were our shining ambassadors when we didn't have any role models.
                    Older generation at certain gatherings can be so toxic and uninspiring...

I know Iranians are obsessed with BA SAVAD people but our footballers, singers (Iran and L.A) have contributed so much when it comes to keeping the younger generation interested in Iran. Might be superficial interest for some but it's still a connection.
                    Great achievement.
                    Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

I have the pleasure to have met and stayed in contact with one of the players of this squad and he really is a gentleman. He is in the states now and even plays soccer with us from time to time. Friends with his kid who is around my age.

Listening to his stories, its incredible how little support the government gives our players as they lace up and represent Iran.

Comment

I was in the stadium in Melbourne with my whole family. Still my greatest TM memory.
                        Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

I was 9 when Iran qualified and neither of my parents ever followed football all that much so I didn't watch or follow this game. I did, however, start passionately following TM after watching the USA game. Watching the highlights of this game (like I have over 100 times before) gives me goosebumps everytime though. Amazing.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder and celebration. Cannot forget it. Greatest Iranian sport come back. Yes, it happens once in a life time, in my case it will be a life time great experience.
                            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

I traveled to Melbourne with my father and was in the stadium, sitting in my TM gear by dead smack in the middle of Australian fans. While they were 2-0 up they were singing chanting as soon as that 2nd goal was scored I've never heard such silence.

Comment

Working...
                              X