It is time for CQ to deliver without any more excuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
    The roots to fix our soccer go way deeper than Querioz "not having any excuses this time."
    But he has revolutionized our soccer in more ways than you can imagine. How many opportunities did we create against Venezuela but couldn't finish? Unfortunately, most our players are not properly taught the fundamentals at a young age like they are in Europe and even in America. 7 years is not enough time to undo our shortcomings.
    I'm thankful for his patience, passion, and all the progress he's brought to team melli. But if we lose in the knock out stage because our players can't finish---then it's not his fault.
    U need 20-30 years with top coaches like CQ before u get consistent results.
    Keep the brave man!

Our youth teams could benefit so much if he were in charge.
    Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Originally posted by IranPowned View Post
      Trolling much? What about 1992 when Iran got their exit in the group phase? Besides, CQ can do nothing when his players are getting sent off for nothing at the 42th minute...
      According to the link posted we finished fifth that year. Then by that measure no coach is responsible for any result. We have had the same stories for 40 plus years. In 1996 and 2004 we were clearly cheated out of the cup. 2015 was not even that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by CAGE View Post
        I think most of u guys forget that we have been screwed by referees the most in major competitions that is not CQs fault for ffs, ex Asian cup 2015, argentina match , bad calls vs Spain and Portugal.
        Originally posted by AIrani View Post
        Not everything is under CQ's control, when a player acts dumb and gets a red card or a referee makes a mistake. When everything goes right, Iran will win an Asian cup.
        Then by that excuse no coach is responsible for any result. This has happened to us for over 40 years. 2015 was not even one of the worst cases. We were clearly cheated out of the cup in 1996 and 2004 and probably other tournaments that I cant recall right now.

Comment

Originally posted by forzatm View Post
          And Iran topped the qualifying group on both occasions unlike 1998 and 2006 qualification.
          and weve been #1 ranked Asian football team for Vast majority of his reign in TM so far ..! and to think how far we've come since the time he took over.....In all the years that ive been following TM football, I dont recall TM ever being in such shitt shape and the shambles than the period shortly prior to Carlos's hiring..!
          honestly we couldnt even convincingly claim to be an Asian 3rd rate football team at that time, hell we were about to fail to even qualify to the next Asian Cup ...!
          Look where we are now ..!
          Respected worldwide by most pundits as the premier national team program in Asia...! with the largest number of players (ever..?) playing their trade in some of the most challenging European leagues..! and @ least double or more depth in internationally rated footballing talents in nearly every position on the pitch..!
          Playing ORGANIZED and Clearly Tactically Driven TEAM Football..! (not just hoping and praying on game days, for such and such player to have a good day in order to achieve a favorable result..! The hero-worshipping of the past TM regimes and the ensuing enslavement of TM to those supposed heroes'(key players') mood swings and selfish and unprofessional antics ..! )
          Defensive Stalwart, has any National Team in the world (not just Asia) conceded fewer goals over the number of games played under any coach than TM under CQ..?? Doubt it..!
          and then look at what he has achieved outside the pitch..!! From the creation of PEC to forcing the ever-corrupt and hapless IFF regimes to own up to their responsibilities and holding them accountable to us Fans...!
          The diplomatic genius and the political mastery to force even the Highest political appointees of that scandalous regime to heed to the needs of our national football programs ...!! etc etc etc..!!

ps
          like others said and i reiterate to win the Trophy at the upcoming AC (or any other such tourney for that matter) we gonna need a healthy dose of luck on and off the pitch, as well as favorable and fair officiating in addition to having a Strong Team and Playing competent football (which we are currently..!)
          loosing in the KO stages due to cruel and unlucky turn of events, does not reflect too badly on The man's immense positive work so far and should not be used as the measuring stick to relieve him of his TM duties..!!
          and PERSONALLY, I'D LIKE TO SEE HOW IFF INTENDS TO IMPROVE UPON CARLOS..!!????????, BEFORE I COULD POSSIBLY STOMACH HIS FIRING FROM THE JOB FOR BS REASONS..!

Comment

Let me clarify something at once for all here to understand.

1-CQ is by far the best coach in the history of Iranian football and sports as a whole.

2-His legacy will be remembered for generations to come.

3-Iran has been ranked #1 in Asia for the last 6 years under him.

4-However for our 85 million people and country winning the next AC is so important because more than half
            of our people don't even remember the last time Iran lifted any kind of football trophy in Asia.

5-and after all these treamendous successes by CQ and our TM in the last 8 years ,WINNIG THE AC IS NOT TOO MUCH
            TO ASK and should be expected to achieve.

6-I hope that the biased AFC,refereies and thier arab bosses would allow Iran to determine its destiniy on the field only.

Comment

This is the kind of thread which to me epitomizes the unrealistic expectations of some of our fans, let alone the stark difference in tone between the post before mine and the original post.

Sorry to bring this up, but unless we reflect on the situation, the same things will happen again and again.

We have some fans who are mihan-parast but aren't able to appraise successes (be they tangible or more subtle).

Of course we do have the odd troll who changes their tune for political reasons but that is a different story...

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                You can't turn a hoe into a house wife
                I.E

Quieroz cant turn ansarifard into messi. You see the difference is with queiroz we qualify comfortably and we play professionally every game and teams will respect us. But that doesnt mean we should beat teams like japan and australia who are 50 years ahead of us just because finally IFF has given him 3 months ofnhis reuqests
                Wow i was bang on as usual
                WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                  You mean like the time we finished third in UAE and hammered all opponents with Mayeli Kohan?! Or the time with Branko when we finished third and won the Asian games in Busan after they had just hosted the world cup?! or the other 3 times we won the Asian cup back to back to back?!
                  Please tell me more about those days while u watch faransay at wc 2022
                  WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

If you think we're petty enough to go through old threads on here and highlight every negative post about CQ and make people look even more idiotic than they were at the time for making them, then you'd be absolutely correct.

Start a blacklist and ban each and every good for nothing account because that level of footballing insight and support is about as useful as a benign tumour.

From what we had being a clear top 30 nation in the world and joining the world cup party as a given to now fucking getting on my knees and offering my services in dimly lit sidestreets for a home win against Bahrain and a chance to play Kyrgyz Republic in the arsehole of nowhere. I thank each and every one of those heathens whose idiocy may have accelerated CQ's departure and brought about this sorry state of affairs.

Seething.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      The great footballing tradition before CQ of not qualifying for consecutive world cups EVER, not winning the asian cup for 40 years, playing bezan ziresh football with ZERO game plan, and losing to bahrain and qatar.
                      Yeah, lets go back to that.
                      fack, I said this at the time sarbaz jan blessed us all with this thread last year. A bit in shock that exactly one year on all of these things have happened/are happening already. Didnt expect it would be this immediate.

Comment

Working...
                      X