X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
    Iran's record in the Asian Cup:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_at_the_AFC_Asian_Cup

8 times out of 15 participations Iran has reached the semis. Interestingly enough our worst result (6th) was under CQ. Do not tell me we have no right to demand at least a semi final appearance from CQ. That is our minimum. With a coach like CQ and him being at the helm for 8 years we should expect at least a finals appearance. Anything lower does not bode well for CQ. For top asian teams and their fans they all expect a minimum semis appearance or its an utter failure and coaches get fired. CQ should be no exception. Results or nothing.
    Trolling much? What about 1992 when Iran got their exit in the group phase? Besides, CQ can do nothing when his players are getting sent off for nothing at the 42th minute...

Comment

Originally posted by the matrix1 View Post
      Also, we might have players injured for the Asian cup not being able to participate and that will be another low blow for us trying to win it.
      I'm worried about Saeid and PAG's fitness.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
        It’s been a very long time since I posted here but I feel like now the time has come for CQ to
        Show what he has been doing with our TM for the last 8 years.
        It was announced today that TM will have a 2 weeks camp in Qatar and another 1 week camp in the UAE
        Prior to the AC and will play 3 more friendly games on Dec.21,26 and 31.
        Almost 100% of all his demands have been met by IFF unlike any other coaches in the history of Iranian football.
        1-new training fields.
        2-the Peck building.
        3-the sarbazi issue of our players.
        4-7 friendly games from the end of the WC till the start of th AC.
        5-he has had complete control over the staffing of TM coaches.
        6- TM will have a 3 week camp in Qatar and UAE BEFORE AC.
        7-he has had all the players he wanted from IPL without exception.
        SO YOU SEE this time we have given this man all that he wanted so now he won’t have a complaint
        Or a blame game.
        That is why he is a great coach for us. Because he made this happen.
        You talk like: WE DID ALL THIS FOR HIM AND NOW HE MUST WIN.

And like many have pointed out, many of this hapend last 3 months.

Everything you write here is investing in our own football not CQ.

Comment

I know we are talking about our great nation Iran that’s is being ruled by those
          Incompetent thieves mullahs and IFF has been so corrupt and mismanaged for decades
          So giving support in any other foobaling nation to the Coach and satisfying his demands is nothing
          Unusual and it’s supposed be this way.

However the support that CQ has gotten and he fought for as well in the last 8 years
          No other football coach in Iran has had in the last 40 years.
          Specially in the last 2 yaers.

Now I know to most of you 20 year olds here who have never lived in Iran and don’t know an of this
          Is very hard to digest but to the rest of us it’s been amazing how much IFF has worked with CQ.

And CQ knows this.

Comment

I think most of u guys forget that we have been screwed by referees the most in major competitions that is not CQs fault for ffs, ex Asian cup 2015, argentina match , bad calls vs Spain and Portugal.
            You just got Caged
            K.C McElroy's Fan

Comment

Yes we have been screwed by not only the refs but pretty much the whole world
              In the last 40 years.

Just look at the 40’years of sanctions that we have been under , the thoughest for any country
              In the world ever.

Yet we are still surviving and trying to strive through it all.

Only one good thing that could also come to our help in this next AC is that VAR going
              To be there in case of questionable calls.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                Iran's record in the Asian Cup:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_at_the_AFC_Asian_Cup

8 times out of 15 participations Iran has reached the semis. Interestingly enough our worst result (6th) was under CQ. Do not tell me we have no right to demand at least a semi final appearance from CQ. That is our minimum. With a coach like CQ and him being at the helm for 8 years we should expect at least a finals appearance. Anything lower does not bode well for CQ. For top asian teams and their fans they all expect a minimum semis appearance or its an utter failure and coaches get fired. CQ should be no exception. Results or nothing.
                Not everything is under CQ's control, when a player acts dumb and gets a red card or a referee makes a mistake. When everything goes right, Iran will win an Asian cup.
                چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by Lapayee View Post
                  CQ has already delivered big for Iran. What matters more than any trophy is what he has instilled in TM players: discipline, confidence and the demand for high work rate. I'm good with that. An Asian cup will be a welcomed bonus.
                  een
                  Very Well said sir, especially the bold.

Comment

The only thing that matters in football is results. A distant second would be playing style.

CQ hasn't delivered results when it matters. He has been in charge for 8 years that's enough time to bring in a whole new generation of players.

I do hope he gets real results In AC2019. But so far CQs reign hasn't brought any significant results.

Making the world cup for a nation like Iran should be a given, just because other coaches failed to reach this minimum doesn't mean CQ has done miricales.

Comment

Originally posted by rightoussoul View Post
                      Making the world cup for a nation like Iran should be a given, just because other coaches failed to reach this minimum doesn't mean CQ has done miricales.
                      Not only did CQ take Iran to the WC, he did it twice in a row for the first time EVER. No, it's not a miracle, it's hard work, dedication, sweat, and tears, which no other coach has been willing to give to the extent that CQ has.

Comment

7 pages to discuss this? CQ is going to leave after Asian cup anyways. Just calm down, enjoy the last world class coach Iran will have in our lifetimes.

If we don't win AC with CQ we aren't winning it with any other coach.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                          Not only did CQ take Iran to the WC, he did it twice in a row for the first time EVER. No, it's not a miracle, it's hard work, dedication, sweat, and tears, which no other coach has been willing to give to the extent that CQ has.
                          And Iran topped the qualifying group on both occasions unlike 1998 and 2006 qualification.

Comment

I'm a man of few words..

And he WILL deliver.

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
                            به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

Pdot

You are wrong sir.

If CQ wins the AC with Iran he will for sure stay till WC 2022
                              But if he looses before the finals , he knows IFF WONT BRING HIM BACK ANWAY.

That’s why they only wanted to sign him for 6 more months only till the end of the AC to see results.

Comment

The roots to fix our soccer go way deeper than Querioz "not having any excuses this time."

But he has revolutionized our soccer in more ways than you can imagine. How many opportunities did we create against Venezuela but couldn't finish? Unfortunately, most our players are not properly taught the fundamentals at a young age like they are in Europe and even in America. 7 years is not enough time to undo our shortcomings.

I'm thankful for his patience, passion, and all the progress he's brought to team melli. But if we lose in the knock out stage because our players can't finish---then it's not his fault.

Comment

Working...
                                X