This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
    Here are two reports. There are more if you keep searching.

https://www.thenational.ae/sport/car...a-win-1.480796

https://www.persianleague.com/12562-...oodbye-to-iran

I guess I am being a hypocrite since I said let's get back to supporting our TM. Imagine how it makes them feel if it makes us feel disheartened. I am not going to post on this thread any more.
    One is United Emirate link and second is Iranian link. Show me any videos that he said he is leaving prior to World Cup 2018?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

I am not saying Carlos will go to Colombia or not. All I am saying is that he will not stay in Iran after Asian Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by DJPedram View Post
        I am not saying Carlos will go to Colombia or not. All I am saying is that he will not stay in Iran after Asian Cup.
        well, all im saying is that Meeting CQ's rather large Financial demands was Always gonna be the biggest stumbling block to hiring him elsewhere...!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
          well, all im saying is that Meeting CQ's rather large Financial demands was Always gonna be the biggest stumbling block to hiring him elsewhere...!!
          I dont think finance is the issue with Iran. I dont think there is any future with Carlos Q going forward. We need a fresh new coaching staff in our shop. 8 year was a good time for him to accomplish all he could.

Comment

Originally posted by DJPedram View Post
            I dont think finance is the issue with Iran. I dont think there is any future with Carlos Q going forward. We need a fresh new coaching staff in our shop. 8 year was a good time for him to accomplish all he could.
            And we all know how that process goes. 1-2 domestic coaches for a few years. Once failed, then start looking for a reputable foreign coach. And that process itself will take another few years.

So expect a new foreign coach months before the next World Cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

yup, its as ALWAYS...!! Its been 1 step forward, 2 step back with IFF ...!!

so much for Taj being a baorzeh IFF head....!! if he looses carlos, he has clearly proving to be another useless clown iff head..!

Comment

Another report in Colombian media today indicating that Queiroz is Colombia's first choice to lead their national team after the end of the Asian Cup:

https://www.antena2.com.co/futbol/ca...ccion-colombia

Comment

Originally posted by armen View Post
                  Another report in Colombian media today indicating that Queiroz is Colombia's first choice to lead their national team after the end of the Asian Cup:

https://www.antena2.com.co/futbol/ca...ccion-colombia
                  ghalat kardan... those cocaine-nosed Hijueputas..!!

here is the googTranslate of the piece..!! sounds like they havent quiet reached agreement yet ..!!? yet its clear, they want him the most and all is left is probably the chooneh-zani..!!?

"CARLOS QUEIROZ OR ARTURO REYES? FOLLOW THE 'NOVEL' IN THE COLOMBIA SELECTION
                  Although Queiroz is the main candidate of the National Team, Arturo Reyes takes strength and the South American sub20 would be his letter of introduction.

By: Edward Castro
                  @EdwardCastroV
                  After the departure of Jose Nestor Pekerman the bench of the selection Colombia , after the World Cup Russia 2018, has sparked a 'novel' about the future helmsman of the 'Tricolor' which will have major challenges the America 's Cup to be played this year in Brazil and the qualifying round for the Qatar World Cup 2022 .

It was known in recent weeks that the main candidate of the federation's directors is the Portuguese Carlos Queiroz, who currently heads to the Iranian National Team, but would be willing to leave his post in order to reach the Colombian awnings.

There have already been meetings in Europe between Queiroz and the directors of the Colombian Football Federation, although an agreement has not yet been reached between both parties. All because a sector of the delegation of the bosses of football 'coffee' would prefer a national technical director after some adverse situations that were experienced in the last period with José Pékerman and his assistants.

However, although the target is Carlos Queiroz and it is indicated that he would arrive in Colombia with the Asian Cup final with Iran at the end of January, the name of Arturo Reyes continues to position himself as a candidate to take ownership of the bench of the National Team afterwards. of the great performance in the four friendlies that led to the 'Tricolor' and that left balance of a draw and three victories.

Read also : How are the injuries of Colombian footballers in Europe?

As indicated in Planeta Fútbol de Antena 2, Arturo Reyes would have support from some of the federation's directors for the friendly matches he led and for being Colombian, being recommended in the bid for the election of the new coach. However, his name will materialize only when the South American U-20 finishes in Chile , where his work with the 'Tricolor' team would be evaluated and that could boost his career towards the bench.

The new technical director will meet in late January or early February , as indicated by the Federation a few weeks ago, ensuring that there is no hurry yet with the Copa America in a few months and with the need to start the elimination process. And, although Queiroz is the main candidate, there is a strong interest in re-counting on a Colombian coach and the looks point to Arturo Reyes.

Source
                  Antena 2

Comment

I wanna bang Angie Dickenson, Lets see who gets lucky first
                    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                      I wanna bang Angie Dickenson, Lets see who gets lucky first
                      you got a good shot of that now ..!! so does these colombian putos..it seems !?
                      btw, didnt know you were into grannies..??

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                        you got a good shot of that now ..!! so does these colombian putos..it seems !?
                        btw, didnt know you were into grannies..??
                        Lol its a quote from sopranos
                        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Well if TM fails to lift the trophy then CQ will himself be gone! Where our football will be after him, will be anyone's guess, IMO our football will go into a straight decline, especially since we have the Trump embargo in place and football will be last on everyone's mind when they are jobless and hungry!

Comment

Unfortunately, your assessment, as cynical as it is, might turn out to be correct. Lately, I have been reading reports in the Colombian press about their Federation's interest in hiring Queiroz. Colombia is one of the best teams in the world, and the fact that they see something special in Queiroz tells you a lot about his abilities. Which brings me to these two particular events in Iran's recent soccer history:

Prior to selecting Queiroz, Iran was keen on hiring a well known coach from Spain. His name, though, escapes me simply because the guy never showed up. Initially, he had all kinds of demands, including being able to partly live abroad while coaching (and assessing Iranian talent on television in the comfort of his living room!).The man just had no desire to live and work in Iran. Luckily for Iran, though, Carlos Queiroz came onto the scene and helped nurture and cultivate the sport and earn some respect for Iranian soccer worldwide.

Six or seven years ago, after Queiroz had managed to somewhat establish himself at the helm, on one occasion he made an impromptu arrangement to remove the national team players away from their comfort zone in order to bring them closer to the soul of this beloved sport: genuine passion for the game permeated amongst youths of diverse economic and cultural layers of Iranian society. Queiroz personally took all his players to the most economically disadvantaged segment of Tehran, where children of all ages, in some cases barefoot and equipped with only a plastic ball, played the game with unsurpassed love and enthusiasm. I don't want to further analyze his reasons for doing so, but I just want to mention that this event marked a turning point in how our young professional players began to approach the game. It also helped ignite a long-lasting bond between Queiroz and the soccer-mad youths of the country. (Just contrast the attitudes by the two coaches in terms of their respect for the game, and their sense of loyalty towards the fans and the players.)

I do not want to take up anyone's time by discussing whether or not, going forward, he will be the best coach for Iran. But I can say that, in hindsight, he has been the best coach Iran has ever had, and we owe him a debt of gratitude for elevating the game to a much higher level in Iran (again, that might be another discussion). But let's not forget, in addition to being a very good manager, Queiroz has proven to be one of the few foreign coaches who has managed to successfully adapt to life in Iran, not once complaining about the social strictures and limitations that would create second thoughts in others in taking the job. People, especially those who live outside Iran, often forget that it is not easy for coaches of his caliber to easily adjust to life in Iran-simply because of vast cultural differences, social limitations, and language barriers they would encounter.

I hope Iran wins the Asian Cup and the federation finds a way to keep him in charge. If not, we might just as well enjoy the ride, thank him for all the wonderful things he's done, and try to continue building on his legacy. Let's hope he stays, though.

Comment

He's the mystical renaissance man our football needed. He has that glow, spark and crackle . Keep the fire burning CQ...
                              Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Originally posted by orbicular View Post
                                Unfortunately, your assessment, as cynical as it is, might turn out to be correct. Lately, I have been reading reports in the Colombian press about their Federation's interest in hiring Queiroz. Colombia is one of the best teams in the world, and the fact that they see something special in Queiroz tells you a lot about his abilities. Which brings me to these two particular events in Iran's recent soccer history:

Prior to selecting Queiroz, Iran was keen on hiring a well known coach from Spain. His name, though, escapes me simply because the guy never showed up. Initially, he had all kinds of demands, including being able to partly live abroad while coaching (and assessing Iranian talent on television in the comfort of his living room!).The man just had no desire to live and work in Iran. Luckily for Iran, though, Carlos Queiroz came onto the scene and helped nurture and cultivate the sport and earn some respect for Iranian soccer worldwide.

Six or seven years ago, after Queiroz had managed to somewhat establish himself at the helm, on one occasion he made an impromptu arrangement to remove the national team players away from their comfort zone in order to bring them closer to the soul of this beloved sport: genuine passion for the game permeated amongst youths of diverse economic and cultural layers of Iranian society. Queiroz personally took all his players to the most economically disadvantaged segment of Tehran, where children of all ages, in some cases barefoot and equipped with only a plastic ball, played the game with unsurpassed love and enthusiasm. I don't want to further analyze his reasons for doing so, but I just want to mention that this event marked a turning point in how our young professional players began to approach the game. It also helped ignite a long-lasting bond between Queiroz and the soccer-mad youths of the country. (Just contrast the attitudes by the two coaches in terms of their respect for the game, and their sense of loyalty towards the fans and the players.)

I do not want to take up anyone's time by discussing whether or not, going forward, he will be the best coach for Iran. But I can say that, in hindsight, he has been the best coach Iran has ever had, and we owe him a debt of gratitude for elevating the game to a much higher level in Iran (again, that might be another discussion). But let's not forget, in addition to being a very good manager, Queiroz has proven to be one of the few foreign coaches who has managed to successfully adapt to life in Iran, not once complaining about the social strictures and limitations that would create second thoughts in others in taking the job. People, especially those who live outside Iran, often forget that it is not easy for coaches of his caliber to easily adjust to life in Iran-simply because of vast cultural differences, social limitations, and language barriers they would encounter.

I hope Iran wins the Asian Cup and the federation finds a way to keep him in charge. If not, we might just as well enjoy the ride, thank him for all the wonderful things he's done, and try to continue building on his legacy. Let's hope he stays, though.
                                great post and spot-on ..!
                                the spanish coach who dumped us after weeks of negotiations and speculation with IFF was javier Clemente..!

We are a far, Far more Promising and capable TM Now than we were 8 years back and definitely a more alluring and attractive job offer for other high caliber foreign coaches to consider..!! however i have little faith that IFF would be capable, nor willing to make a serious attempt at attracting a similarly high caliber replacement coach and even if they did and by some miracle managed to hire a respectable replacement coach, i can not fathom for the life of me that the possible replacement coach would ever commit to the job even half as wholeheartedly and personally as Carlos has so far for Iran and TM ...!!

as i've mentioned before Carlos's immense contributions to our football extends Far beyond the football pitch....! he has brought on a cultural revolution in our football..!

#FagahtCarlos

Comment

Working...
                                X