This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Ireland manager: Carlos Queiroz wants to succeed Martin O'Neill

Carlos Queiroz is keen on the newly vacant Irish job, sources close to the Portuguese coach have told The Independent.

The former Manchester United assistant has already announced he will leave his role with Iran following January's Asian Cup, after a highly successful eight years in the job. Queiroz guided the country to successive World Cups in 2014 and 2018, putting in highly respectable displays, to go with previous qualifications with Portugal in 2010 and South Africa in 2002.

The 65-year-old has also been praised for helping rebuild Iranian football, and is admired in the game for his work with Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford in two different spells that brought several league titles and a Champions League.

The Irish job has become newly available after the FAI parted ways with Martin O'Neill and assistant Roy Keane on Wednesday afternoon, and those close to Queiroz say he would be keen on the role.

O'Neill is actually understood to have been earning more than Queiroz did in Iran, with the Irishman having been on a reported £2m a year compared to the Portuguese's £1.9m.

It is however seen as unlikely the FAI would pay quite so much to O'Neill's successor - especially now without the financial backing of businessman Denis O'Brien, who has helped fund the wages of the Irish manager since 2008 - but Quieroz is now looking for a next project and would be interested in speaking to the Irish body.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8645201.html

Comment

I am wondering how many job offers Branko has outside Iran?

Comment

CQ leaves and filling in his shoes will be impossible for our FA. It will take one year and we will end up with Branko or GN....

Comment

Do they serve Chelo-Kabab in Colombia? NOPE.

CQ loves Iran, the talents and the spirit of his Iranian players. Time and time again he's admired the abundance of talents and how his players performed against so much adversities. I think he even once said "throw them out from a helicopter, they would land safely!"

he wouldn't have put up with so much rubbish if he didn't. He could have called it a day right after the WC, but again, NOPE.
          sigpic
          Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
            Next Ireland manager: Carlos Queiroz wants to succeed Martin O'Neill

Carlos Queiroz is keen on the newly vacant Irish job, sources close to the Portuguese coach have told The Independent.

The former Manchester United assistant has already announced he will leave his role with Iran following January's Asian Cup, after a highly successful eight years in the job. Queiroz guided the country to successive World Cups in 2014 and 2018, putting in highly respectable displays, to go with previous qualifications with Portugal in 2010 and South Africa in 2002.

The 65-year-old has also been praised for helping rebuild Iranian football, and is admired in the game for his work with Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford in two different spells that brought several league titles and a Champions League.

The Irish job has become newly available after the FAI parted ways with Martin O'Neill and assistant Roy Keane on Wednesday afternoon, and those close to Queiroz say he would be keen on the role.

O'Neill is actually understood to have been earning more than Queiroz did in Iran, with the Irishman having been on a reported £2m a year compared to the Portuguese's £1.9m.

It is however seen as unlikely the FAI would pay quite so much to O'Neill's successor - especially now without the financial backing of businessman Denis O'Brien, who has helped fund the wages of the Irish manager since 2008 - but Quieroz is now looking for a next project and would be interested in speaking to the Irish body.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8645201.html
            I will be surprised if he takes on this job, not for the money, although physically strong there is very little technical talent in RO Ireland and he will always struggle in achieving anything big with this team. CQ will go but he deserves a better federation
            sigpic
            Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Was thinking Rep. Ireland would actually be an ideal job for him when I saw they'd sacked O'Neill. A national pool of complete and utter shite just like what he's had to deal with at Iran but minus the political BS and a team that is constantly in the media eye through mere association with the Prem. If he'd achieved with Ireland what he'd done with us he'd be appreciated far more highly by the Western media than he currently is.

Not that the king gives two f***s about that though 😎

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                Was thinking Rep. Ireland would actually be an ideal job for him when I saw they'd sacked O'Neill. A national pool of complete and utter shite just like what he's had to deal with at Iran but minus the political BS and a team that is constantly in the media eye through mere association with the Prem. If he'd achieved with Ireland what he'd done with us he'd be appreciated far more highly by the Western media than he currently is.
                Not that the king gives two f***s about that though 😎
                Unfair.

We have a much deeper talent pool than Ireland.

Comment

Right now Carlos Queiroz is the top candidate to become the next coach of @FCFSeleccionCol

https://twitter.com/JuanG_Arango/sta...30915317391360

----

Will not blame him - he will get his money on time, a country full of beautiful women, a free country and a hell of a team.

Sad to see him go Never this hurt about the prospects of losing a manager. This will really sting.

Comment

Right now Carlos Queiroz is the top candidate to become the next coach of @FCFSeleccionCol

----

Will not blame him - he will get his money on time, a country full of beautiful women, a free country and a hell of a team.

Sad to see him go Never this hurt about the prospects of losing a manager. This will really sting.
                    Who is the guy that is tweeting?! May I remind Taremi isn't colombian, so CQ will no go there.

Comment

This is depressing. Daddy is leaving...
                      Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        I actually think someone like CQ will be offered a very lucrative contract to coach Qatar in WC 2020. Its one of few methods they can save themselves embarrassment in terms of performance.

----

I would have if I were him. With all the noise and torturous environment in Iran why should he stay?

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                          I would have if I were him. With all the noise and torturous environment in Iran why should he stay?
                          Because in the end he gets paid well, he likes the football and he likes the challenge.

Also, Colombians don't like coaches like CQ. He's far too defensive for them. They want a guy who takes them to the next level (world elite level).

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                            Because the noise and the pressure on foreign coaches in isn't even that bad compared to many other countries. I'm not saying Iran is perfect, but let's not act like it's the only place in the world with Drama in it's football.

Comment

Columbia is rumor but the more realistic scenario is Ireland!
                              Already all British papers are reporting this.
                              CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
                                Columbia is rumor but the more realistic scenario is Ireland!
                                Already all British papers are reporting this.
                                Ireland already have signed a new manager.

Comment

Working...
                                X