Branko Ivanković Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diz View Post
    Can we just forget about this guy? He is done, finished, finito. He was a weak national team coach, a non-inspiring figure in our football history, and a ball & chain around CQ's neck every time we had a national training camp. He deserves nothing but our collective amnesia about his tenure in Iran.
    Oh his tenure in Iran is far from over!

Once a person proves compatible with this regime's system, they're never gone permanently. They just get recycled every few years. I will bet good money right now that when Calderon is gone or another high profile position opens up in the league, Branko will be among the first in line. I've already heard rumors about him taking over our U-23 for the Asian Cup in January.

He will work in Iran for at least one more cycle. I don't have a doubt in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
      Thank you. Let us also not forget the glorious stat of earning 1 point in WC 2006 against mighty Angola.
      Yes, let's not forget he accomplished the 1 point, with one of the most talented teams in Iran's history.

Brango for TM (the KSA TM)
      Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Lol branko, even a guy such as Stimac coached Croatia and Branko didn't!!!
        Branko is made for some Micky Mouse leagues such as IPL. Can't even handle a half ass league pressure such as Saudi!! Comparing him to Queiroz is like comparing man vs boy.
        What is the biggest club and country he coached in his career? Looll

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
          Well whether you and CQ lovers like it or not he will be remembered for winning Iran's last continental trophy in Asia and qualifying us to a world cup, giving us our highest ranking in our history and our last best finish in the Asian cup. Unlike you who loves Cq's blue eyes real fans look at stats and could not care less for cq blue eyes who for me will be remembered as the guy who could not beat Iraq in official or friendly competition and for our worst finish in Asian cup history not to mention one of our worst defeats. You and me will die but stats will remain.
          looolll it's so much better now that I read your comments as a joke rather than a serious discussion to respond to.. Thanks. Hopefully you will remain as well

Comment

Glad I don't have to walk all the way to the toilet. I can just go right here... *unzip*
            "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by The Farbod View Post
              Glad I don't have to walk all the way to the toilet. I can just go right here... *unzip*
              Judging by this post you have already gone.

Comment

Looks like it's happening people... Hints being dropped with multiple visits from iran's ambassador to croatia over the last week to speak to Branko. Sadegh is keen to bring him back to Iran.

"Thank you my friend Mr.Sadegh who I trust..who has authority and can help"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5asjxlg...ource=ig_embed

Comment

Why don't we just have good (enough) Iranian coaches?!?!
                  I know the answer but still, sucks to knock on doors of such guys and with all respect it even sucks that someone like CQ is the best coach we've ever had or could get. How good CQ might've been it sucks to know that there are better coaches out there but that not even in our wildest dreams we could get even close to signing them.

Ah well, such is life.

Comment

How low can you go? Literally a year ago he talked shit about TM and the head coach. You then turn around and hire such a moron?

Comment

Whether you like it or not, considering the circumstances, he's the best we can get at the moment who can save our a$$es.

Let's get qualified to the WC (or at least to the second round of WCQ games) with him, then we can look for a good coach or what ever...

Comment

He's better or way less worse than Wiltits for sure.

Comment

How was his World Cup 2006 performance? Carlos Qurioz did way much better. We had to keep Carlos Quriouz and we had no this situation. Branco is not bad.*

But Carlos Qurioz was from other level. We are not number 1 anymore in Asia since December 2014!*

I hope Carlos Quriouz will return even after World Cup 2022. Carlos we love you and your work. We will never forget. I hope he will be back for Asian Cup 2023 and World Cup 2026

Comment

he sucks, and i hope branko never put his filthy foot in Iran again ever.

Comment

If Branko becomes TM coach, I’m done watching TM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                                If Branko becomes TM coach, I’m done watching TM.
                                don't baradar!

And you know why not? Because TM needs your support, its not our players their fault that IFF is so incompetent ; )

If i would act the same, i would have stopped watching TM after the 7-1 loss to AS Roma & the firing of Ivic : )

Let us support the players & hope for better days, not only for our football, but for our whole country!
                                Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                                O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Working...
                                X