Branko Ivanković Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
    Branko wins back to back championships and takes PP to the ACL final.

Iranians be like:” but but 2006. He’s a fluke”
    Nobody says he's a bad coach. This "either you hate branko or hate CQ" mentality is so dumb and doesn't promote objectivity. He's a good coach for Asian standards and did well for IPL and ACL. However, that's where he reaches his limit. I'm totally happy having him promote our league and our clubs as he is making it better for sure but I want him nowhere near TM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
      Nobody says he's a bad coach. This "either you hate branko or hate CQ" mentality is so dumb and doesn't promote objectivity. He's a good coach for Asian standards and did well for IPL and ACL. However, that's where he reaches his limit. I'm totally happy having him promote our league and our clubs as he is making it better for sure but I want him nowhere near TM.
      I know, it's a dumb mentality. I appriciate both managers where they exactly are and what they're doing for Iranian football.

Comment

I bow down and say my prayers to a small figurine of CQ behind numerous lit candles in my bedroom on a daily basis but I've seen enough PP games of late to know that their team is absolute shite through and through outside of Beira and that for Branko to get them to the ACL final is a top achievement.

Would be lovely if him and CQ could quash their beef and work in harmony but alas, it won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
          I know, it's a dumb mentality. I appriciate both managers where they exactly are and what they're doing for Iranian football.
          Agreed, I feel as if the fans in between all this are children of the divorced parents (Branko and Carlos)

Comment

I don't know why people are hating, 1x ACL semi-final, 1x ACL final, 2x League champion..... he is the most successful Persepolis manager of the PGPL era.

Comment

Ill take 1 cq over 100 branko
              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                Ill take 1 cq over 100 branko
                I would too, but that doesn't mean we can't appreciate what he has accomplished with this team.

Comment

Thank you Branko. You are a great IPL coach. enjoy your rewards, but please stay in your lane and leave CQ alone so he too can win with TM.

Comment

The Asian Champions League is a mickey mouse competition lol. No one outside of Asia cares about it. Branko screwed up big time with our greatest squad ever at the World Cup which is followed by more than 3 billion people. That's all.

Comment

The 2018 ACL final will be played over two legs on November 2 and 9: https://int.soccerway.com/internatio.../final-stages/

I am not familiar with either of the two East Asian teams playing the other semifinal. The one from Japan looks tougher.
                      sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Comment

As much as I disagree with Branko when it comes to Carlos, we have to give credit where it’s due and he deserves the praise.

Branko got the job done with Persepolis with 3 closed FIFA transfer windows.

2 consecutive league titles
                          2 consecutive champions league semi-final qualifications

Comment

Saudi's Al Ahli looking at Ivankovic again....

"For the third time over the past two years, Al Ahli want to sign the 65-year-old Croat.

The Saudi Arabian giants are reportedly not happy with their current coach Pablo Guede and want to hire Ivankovic instead of the Argentine.

Al Ahli have been drawn in Group D of the 2019 AFC Champions League along with Persepolis and Qatar's Al Saad SC.

Ivankovic, who has already worked at Saudi Arabian club Al Ettifaq, is under contract with Iran’s Persepolis until 2021."

https://twitter.com/SaudiSkySport/st...39838205616128

He already has experience in the Saudi league with Ettifaq although was sacked after one season.

Interestingly, Al Ahli are in the same ACL group stage as Perspolis so this could just be gamesmanship from them.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                              Saudi's Al Ahli looking at Ivankovic again....

"For the third time over the past two years, Al Ahli want to sign the 65-year-old Croat.

The Saudi Arabian giants are reportedly not happy with their current coach Pablo Guede and want to hire Ivankovic instead of the Argentine.

Al Ahli have been drawn in Group D of the 2019 AFC Champions League along with Persepolis and Qatar's Al Saad SC.

Ivankovic, who has already worked at Saudi Arabian club Al Ettifaq, is under contract with Iran’s Persepolis until 2021."

https://twitter.com/SaudiSkySport/st...39838205616128

He already has experience in the Saudi league with Ettifaq although was sacked after one season.

Interestingly, Al Ahli are in the same ACL group stage as Perspolis so this could just be gamesmanship from them.
                              God, please let this be true and make it happen.

Comment

*** edited ***

WARNED!

You don't have to agree but you are not allowed to insult members!
                                Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 02-11-2019, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X