Asian Cup Warm Up Matches- Other Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
    Accordng to ESPN stats, Uruguay outshot South Korea 15-9. Korea was nothng special and they scored from a questonalbe penatly and corner kick. On the other hand, Japan outplayed Uruguay outshooting 17-10 and scored 4 goals from open play. I watched the whole match and to be honest I'm not so confident that we will beat them at the Asian Cup. Uruguay is an upgrade version of Iran in terms of playing style. I'm afraid that our players will suffer from Japan's
    agility.

One thing I have learned in my 50 plus years of following football is to never take the performance and the result in friendlies too seriously. As I mentioned earlier I very much doubt Japan can beat Uruguay in an official game like the WC.

The same way they were not able to defeat Belgium.

Comment

Italy lost to Luxembourg 1-0 in their final warm up game for 2006 WC

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
        One thing I have learned in my 50 plus years of following football is to never take the performance and the result in friendlies too seriously. As I mentioned earlier I very much doubt Japan can beat Uruguay in an official game like the WC.
        On the other hand, if there is an asian side who can beat
        Uruguay in an official game, it is Japan.

If there is any asian Team that can achieve not to loose to
        Uruguay in an official game, it is Iran.

Comment

Spain demolished Argentina before the WC in a friendly but turned out to be not so lethal at the WC.

Do not take friendlies too seriously. Good coaches never do.

Comment

Friendlies don't mean much.
            Japan before World Cup 2014 was a dark horse because of how well they were playing in friendlies yet they would die out after 60 minutes in every game that World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
              Don't be so sure. Compared to Japan, we are superior in the air, have clearly more physical strength, and a solid defense. With a little luck, we would have beat Bolivia 5-1 today. Japan will be lucky to get passed Iran, but would make for a great final opponent!
              It's not about luck. Our finshing skills is poor. We had the worst shots on goal per game in the WC and we struggled to score multiple goals even in the Asian qualification. I'm worred about another penalty shoot-out exit.

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
              They were just unlucky in the game. Belgium's important first goal was nothing but a fluke.

Comment

Japan is impressive...! They beat Uruguay 4-3 earlier this week. They also almost defeated Belgium in the World Cup round of 16. (Belgium knocked out Brazil in the following phase.) Japan's FIFA rank needs to be in top 25 in my opinion.
                sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran;2597160 [B
                  It's not about luck[/B]. Our finshing skills is poor. We had the worst shots on goal per game in the WC and we struggled to score multiple goals even in the Asian qualification. I'm worred about another penalty shoot-out exit.
                  They were just unlucky in the game. Belgium's important first goal was nothing but a fluke.
                  They were up by 2 goals. You do not lose a game which you are up by 2 goals because of bad luck. So to use your own words "Its not about luck".

They lost because they were uncapable of closing the game and defend the 2 goal lead.

Comment

The Belgians were mentally broken before that super lucky header and couldn't string three passes together anymore. Kompany admitted that he almost gave up after conceding two goals. Anyways, attacking wise Japan is cleary superior to us. They scored 6 at the WC and has scored at least 3 against WC teams (Costa Rica, Panama and Uruguay) in the post-WC friendlies. South Americans don't take friendlies lightly. Scoring 4 against a team with a strong defense like Uruguay is impressive. I'm looking forward to the probable Iran vs Japan in the semi-finals.

Comment

November 14th

Switzerland vs Qatar

November 15th

Pakistan vs Palestine

Kuwait vs Bahrain

Uzbekistan vs Lebanon 

Comment

Just watched Korea vs Australia .. both teams look pretty solid. Specially Australia with their pace and physique. Always dangerous in front of goal.

I would have loved to see iran play a friendly against New Zealand or other similar British tems. Australia is who we have to beat to get to the final.

Comment

Working...
                        X