Asian Cup Warm Up Matches- Other Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Azeem98 View Post
    I'm looking forward to some other teams like Vietnam in particular and to be honest India also, despite our rivalry and do kinda hope India does well because if they do than it will break that stereotype that us Sub continental people can't play football etc and of course it will make us jealous hence we will do our best to follow pursuit like when they won the Cricket World Cup in 83 we won it in 92, they won the T20 world cup in 2007 we won the next in 2009,they won the Champions Trophy in 2013 we won the next in 2017, they made nukes so we made nukes

matey, for both of those nations to prosper in football, they must first reccgnize the white elephant in the room, which is that shitty, boring cricket that literally sucks the air out of every other sports in there.

as long as you all hold cricket to such undeserved high levels, football can never prosper and gain a foothold among Asia's big league.
    that unconditional, unreal adoration of cricket has to end.

I doubt electing a cricket star as your prime minister was the right way to do it, though.
    But who am I to speak? I've got a f**king turd of a good for nothing mullah as my president, with a phony degree and even a more phony smile.
    so ….

Comment

A proper game, this China vs India
      It will end 0-0 most likely already in the 90th minute
      And the level of football isn't half as bad as I thought it would be.
      bro proper game is not india-china. Ever. In a million years. Just like I wouldnt consider my iranian pickup on saturdays to be a proper game. Ever. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
        Uzbekistan 2 - 0 North Korea
        Oman 1 - 1 Philippines
        I thought they were playing South Korea

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
          matey, for both of those nations to prosper in football, they must first reccgnize the white elephant in the room, which is that shitty, boring cricket that literally sucks the air out of every other sports in there.

as long as you all hold cricket to such undeserved high levels, football can never prosper and gain a foothold among Asia's big league.

Though i do agree that Cricket had swallowed up other sports in sub continent but Cricket has a place in the society and is a great game, too much history to just give up. I don't want to us to progress in football just for the sake of getting more international recognition. I don't even want football to be the no1 sport in Pakistan that place belongs Field Hockey. Oh but wait Field Hockey isn't that much of a marketable sport you should give football more importance it will bring more fame to the country, isn't that also unconditional unreal adoration of Football ?

I doubt electing a cricket star as your prime minister was the right way to do it, though.

Political doesn't belong in this thread and far from truth, No comments

But who am I to speak? I've got a f**king turd of a good for nothing mullah as my president, with a phony degree and even a more phony smile.
          so ….
          I had to write something because it said message was too short.

Comment

I see a lot of my friends say ' Wished Football was the no1 sport in Pakistan rather than Cricket' i ask them why to which a lot of them say ' Football is more popular we will get more recognition and PR in countries like Germany, Spain etc like Iran and Egypt do etc etc' to which i say to a lot of them so you want to make a name in football just to please people higher in status than you thats the very reason why we picked up Cricket in the first place to please the British masters.

One unconditional adoration of a sport to another.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post

so ….
              Cricket is a great game, I love watching and playing it. Who says both can’t coexist in a vast country like Indian and even Pakistan. In the 50s India was good in football, then field hockey took over and then Cricket. Currently India is making great strides in football. I think in 15-20 years it will be in the 1st tier of Asian football competing against teams like Iran.

Comment

Even in Australia Cricket is still the universaly popular sport. There are some Aussie rules clubs that have crowds of 50,000 during matches but in other parts of the country people will be unaware of their existence.

Cricket will always be the universaly popular sport of the sub continent.

Comment

Kuwait 0-4 Australia
                  Saudi Arabia 1-1 Iraq
                  Croatia 2-1 Jordan

Comment

Kuwait 0-4 Australia
                    Saudi Arabia 1-1 Iraq
                    Croatia 2-1 Jordan
                    LOL no arab team won.
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Very respectable from Jordan, liking that.

Comment

Jordan will actually be a very good team for Iran to play a friendly game with to prepare for Iraq.

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                          Currently India is making great strides in football. I think in 15-20 years it will be in the 1st tier of Asian football competing against teams like Iran.
                          Honestly 20 years ago they said the same thing about India's football. I doubt it will happen for at least the next 2-3 generations. Unless some heavy duty investment happens in their country and they start football academies for youth. Hell even a country like China which has been pouring in millions of $$$ into their youth football and academies for over a decade still sucks at achieving anything with their national teams of any level...

Unless a sport is in the blood of a nation, it is a looooong way before they can become a powerhouse and talent producing nation. Brazil is a clear example of it. I doubt they spend 10% of what China has so far spent on their youth, but look where they've always stood. Most their star player come from poor neighborhood and the slums, playing in the streets or on dirt fields (Like our own footballers)

I honestly don't see that football thirst and fever amongst countries like China and India. Because their hearts is mainly in some other sports.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                            Jordan will actually be a very good team for Iran to play a friendly game with to prepare for Iraq.
                            Jordan and Syria have often caused us trouble. Remember that infamous 2006 WCQ match in Azadi which ended in a heartbreaking 0-1 loss for us? That was one of the most bitter and depressing losses of TM. I remember watching that match with khoda biyamorz Ale Safar's live report. His absolute devastated commentating voice after that loss marked a dark day in my head forever

Thanks to Daei and Nikbakht's goals in our return match. Nikbakht's military salute to their King after scoring his goal was priceless. How I miss those days...

Nikbakht's salute at 10:00 mark:

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                              Honestly 20 years ago they said the same thing about India's football. I doubt it will happen for at least the next 2-3 generations. Unless some heavy duty investment happens in their country and they start football academies for youth. Hell even a country like China which has been pouring in millions of $$$ into their youth football and academies for over a decade still sucks at achieving anything with their national teams of any level...

Unless a sport is in the blood of a nation, it is a looooong way before they can become a powerhouse and talent producing nation. Brazil is a clear example of it. I doubt they spend 10% of what China has so far spent on their youth, but look where they've always stood. Most their star player come from poor neighborhood and the slums, playing in the streets or on dirt fields (Like our own footballers)

I honestly don't see that football thirst and fever amongst countries like China and India. Because their hearts is mainly in some other sports.
                              Totally agree. The same goes for the US, which has invested a lot of money in facilities/youth programs/national team, but still can't tap/reach all the segments of the population, with the greatest athletes choosing basketball, baseball, and American football over soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano
                                Actually football is very popular in China. One of their problems is the society.
                                https://www.scmp.com/magazines/post-...y-destroyed-xi
                                Football is the number one almost everywhere in Asia.

Comment

Working...
                                X