No announcement yet.

The 👑 Ali Daei 👑 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is some seriously dangerous place to build a house using a retaining wall. I wish him the best.
    .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

ali daei is the face of iranian football. he is the greatest forward iran ever had,is a pity we never replace a prime ali daei ever.

Comment

Hardworking azeri...
        All workaholics on my turk side of the family.
        Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Originally posted by khodam View Post
          That is some seriously dangerous place to build a house using a retaining wall. I wish him the best.
          That's exactly what I was thinking!!!

Comment

The house is an interesting concept but why is there so much wasted space at the top?

Comment

I respect Ali Daei and his love of Iran, but in an increasingly fragile world, why did he have to cut into that beautiful mountain - it destroys the natural environment...

I'm more than happy for him to display his wealth, he deserves it, but not at the expense of damaging the natural landscape in such a way. Some of you guys might not be too bothered but it's like a big scar cut into it!

Also, quite dangerous as people have mentioned, because of potential for rockslides at such steepness

Comment

The location is actually Ooshoon.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                  I respect Ali Daei and his love of Iran, but in an increasingly fragile world, why did he have to cut into that beautiful mountain - it destroys the natural environment...

I'm more than happy for him to display his wealth, he deserves it, but not at the expense of damaging the natural landscape in such a way. Some of you guys might not be too bothered but it's like a big scar cut into it!

Also, quite dangerous as people have mentioned, because of potential for rockslides at such steepness
                  Building a road or a house in the desert is not less damaging than doing it by a mountain. All mankind destroy the nature and its beauty to their benefits. Daei is not an exception only because he destroyed part of a mountain.

However, dangerous? Yes. I do not get that part.

Comment

Ali Daei

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                      The house is an interesting concept but why is there so much wasted space at the top?
                      Grade of that slope requires a huge retaining wall. I hope they did their calculations correctly and was built to spec or it can be a death sentence on the rainy season after erosion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                        Building a road or a house in the desert is not less damaging than doing it by a mountain. All mankind destroy the nature and its beauty to their benefits. Daei is not an exception only because he destroyed part of a mountain.

However, dangerous? Yes. I do not get that part.
                        I disagree. There's lots of desert around. A mountain, as well as being nice to look at, is more confined. The chance of damaging animal and plant habitats, geological phenomena is much higher when cutting up a finite part of a mountain than building something in a desert.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                          I disagree. There's lots of desert around. A mountain, as well as being nice to look at, is more confined. The chance of damaging animal and plant habitats, geological phenomena is much higher when cutting up a finite part of a mountain than building something in a desert.
                          Fair enough but you can also argue there are lots of mountains around even though in total they are more confined than deserts. Cutting that mountain as compared to building something in a desert, is like releasing bad chemicals in a smaller sea compared to a big ocean. The former is still a sea though.

If you also look at the picture, there are already lots of buildings and roads built on that same mountain so its beauty was probably already destroyed, or was going to get anyways.

Comment

Iran summons pundit, soccer icon over quake relief donations

"People will be the supreme judges," wrote Ai Daei at the end of a lengthy post on his Instagram page, which is followed by some 3.6 million people. The strongly worded critical post came after the legendary former soccer player and current coach was summoned by the Iranian judiciary for "explanations" regarding public donations wired to his account for the quake-stricken residents of the western town of Sarpol-e Zahab. The donated deposits in Daei's bank account have now been frozen.

Sarpol was hit hardest by the magnitude 7.3 earthquake that rattled Iran's west and parts of eastern Iraq on Nov. 12, 2017. The quake killed over 600 people and left entire rows of villages nearly in total rubble. Daei, the 2001 UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador, rushed to the quake-stricken areas and has been leading reconstruction projects there ever since. He even declined a 2018 Russia World Cup invitation, citing his preference to focus on the people in the devastated areas.

Now, after being summoned, the former Bayern Munich striker struck back at "the authorities who have only disrupted" his reconstruction projects instead of helping him with better service to citizens hit hardest by the earthquake. The post alongside a copy of the order triggered an outpour of solidarity among Daei's followers, mainly telling him that the public is aware of his transparency and appreciates his genuine hard work.

A top criminal investigation officer appeared on state television explaining the decision, saying, "We need to know the amount of the donations and where they are being spent." The officer added that those summoned have not been treated as suspects or convicts.

But that did little to console the soccer star. "They are annoyed by the fact that people trusted me," Daei said in an interview published by the Reformist Aftab News while stressing that he has been fully accountable for people's donations. Daei, one of the world's all-time leading goal scorers in men's international matches, vowed to double his efforts for the quake-stricken people once his accounts are unfrozen.

Daei launched his campaign immediately after the quake rocked the area. According to his report, the donations now stand at around 110.123 billion rials ($2.64 million). His campaign also collected massive non-cash contributions, including 21 pallets of goods meant for kids in one cargo alone that were donated by his fans from outside the country.

Also summoned last week over the same issue was Sadegh Zibakalam, a university professor and political scientist known for his biting criticism of the Islamic Republic's foreign policy. Zibakalam wrote on his Twitter account that the decision to "freeze public donations" was a violation of the law. The funds he raised have already topped 38 billion rials ($902,000).

The conservative daily newspaper Sobh-e No was not very supportive of the Reform-minded professor. It cast doubt on his handling of the donations and criticized him for his slow relief response. But the political scientist insists that his major plan was not to erect tents or temporary metal structures; rather, his goal was a long-term project aimed at building what he called the Village of Hope.

In the wake of the 2017 quake, many Iranians heeded calls for donations by public figures and celebrities. Cash flowed directly to those accounts, particularly after reports on the ground about inadequate government supplies and mistrust in the official channel for relief work.

"I always wanted my people to like me not for the goals that I score, but rather for my personality," Daei said in an excerpt from an old video interview that has gone viral on Iranian social media. The file was published by the soccer icon on his social media account embedded with another clip showing phased reconstruction projects. In the same post, he expresses gratitude to all those who are "standing by" him while the big tasks are being accomplished.

Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/orig...#ixzz5TdEiUQqr

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post

Iran summons pundit, soccer icon over quake relief donations

"People will be the supreme judges," wrote Ai Daei at the end of a lengthy post on his Instagram page, which is followed by some 3.6 million people. The strongly worded critical post came after the legendary former soccer player and current coach was summoned by the Iranian judiciary for "explanations" regarding public donations wired to his account for the quake-stricken residents of the western town of Sarpol-e Zahab. The donated deposits in Daei's bank account have now been frozen.

Sarpol was hit hardest by the magnitude 7.3 earthquake that rattled Iran's west and parts of eastern Iraq on Nov. 12, 2017. The quake killed over 600 people and left entire rows of villages nearly in total rubble. Daei, the 2001 UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador, rushed to the quake-stricken areas and has been leading reconstruction projects there ever since. He even declined a 2018 Russia World Cup invitation, citing his preference to focus on the people in the devastated areas.

Now, after being summoned, the former Bayern Munich striker struck back at "the authorities who have only disrupted" his reconstruction projects instead of helping him with better service to citizens hit hardest by the earthquake. The post alongside a copy of the order triggered an outpour of solidarity among Daei's followers, mainly telling him that the public is aware of his transparency and appreciates his genuine hard work.

A top criminal investigation officer appeared on state television explaining the decision, saying, "We need to know the amount of the donations and where they are being spent." The officer added that those summoned have not been treated as suspects or convicts.

But that did little to console the soccer star. "They are annoyed by the fact that people trusted me," Daei said in an interview published by the Reformist Aftab News while stressing that he has been fully accountable for people's donations. Daei, one of the world's all-time leading goal scorers in men's international matches, vowed to double his efforts for the quake-stricken people once his accounts are unfrozen.

Daei launched his campaign immediately after the quake rocked the area. According to his report, the donations now stand at around 110.123 billion rials ($2.64 million). His campaign also collected massive non-cash contributions, including 21 pallets of goods meant for kids in one cargo alone that were donated by his fans from outside the country.

Also summoned last week over the same issue was Sadegh Zibakalam, a university professor and political scientist known for his biting criticism of the Islamic Republic's foreign policy. Zibakalam wrote on his Twitter account that the decision to "freeze public donations" was a violation of the law. The funds he raised have already topped 38 billion rials ($902,000).

The conservative daily newspaper Sobh-e No was not very supportive of the Reform-minded professor. It cast doubt on his handling of the donations and criticized him for his slow relief response. But the political scientist insists that his major plan was not to erect tents or temporary metal structures; rather, his goal was a long-term project aimed at building what he called the Village of Hope.

In the wake of the 2017 quake, many Iranians heeded calls for donations by public figures and celebrities. Cash flowed directly to those accounts, particularly after reports on the ground about inadequate government supplies and mistrust in the official channel for relief work.

"I always wanted my people to like me not for the goals that I score, but rather for my personality," Daei said in an excerpt from an old video interview that has gone viral on Iranian social media. The file was published by the soccer icon on his social media account embedded with another clip showing phased reconstruction projects. In the same post, he expresses gratitude to all those who are "standing by" him while the big tasks are being accomplished.

Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/orig...#ixzz5TdEiUQqr
                              Thanks for the English translation. definitely helps non Iranians like me.
                              A Singapore girl who supports Iran Football

Comment

Originally posted by eliz3p View Post
                                Thanks for the English translation. definitely helps non Iranians like me.
                                Where are you originally from?

Comment

Working...
                                X