Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18yrs ago Today...This happened

https://youtu.be/tb7QEP67HS4

ON THIS DAY IN 2000, a crazy UCL group stage match between Hamburger & Juventus finished 4-4

Mahdavikia involved in 3 goals to bring them back from being down 3-1

Juventus starting XI:
    Van der Sar, Tudor, Ferrara, Iuliano, Pessotto, Tacchinardi, O’Neill, Davids, Zidane, Inzaghi, Del Piero.

To this day, still the best CL level game for our players. We are way overdue for a star player. Back then Bundesliga went after our players, now they dont even look at them.

Yes, true. Back then there were also no sanctions to buy Eye-Ranian players. Today even TM headcoach CQ couldn’t receive his salary in Swiss account as they rejected payments from those bad Eye-Ranians.
    Yes, we had superstars back then, but lets not discredit Ezzatolahi, Amiri, AJB and of course not those who play in domestic league. I think some of our TM players, after WC2018 would have gotten offers if there were no sanctions.

Also, I read two days ago on CQs facebook, that he has no contract with IFF and works on Gentleman’s basis with them, go figure...
    Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 09-13-2018, 06:22 AM.
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

As much as that was a great match for an Iranian player , in my opinion the best one was Daie’s two goals to help Hertha beat Chelsea. He also got one against AC Milan.

It was only a couple of seasons back that Sardar got two goals in the Champs league. Yes it wasn’t for a ‘top six’ team but our boys are still playing Champs League football. I expect Rezai to keep up this tradition of a strong Iranian showing in the Champs League.

Comment

Both games were great but for me Mahdavikia's was better - the reason being that he was by far the best player on the pitch, Juventus had an immense line-up and everything positive from HSV came through Mahdavikia. He played a world class game.

Daei's 2 goals against Chelsea were very nice to watch - a beautiful header and a capitalisation of a mistake with lethal finishing, but let's not forget this was the pre-Abramovich Chelsea which was a different world to Chelsea of today.

Comment

I think it is just a personal preference , I remember watching the game on TV with my dad and seeing an Iranian
          Player put Chelsea to the sword was fun. They were still a team full of internationals , Lebouef, Zola, Flo, Le Saux, Desailly, Descamps and Petrescu. Three French internationals who a year before had won the World Cup.

Comment

I've watched this games highlights many times, in Hamburg when we think of the best game in our history this game always comes up as a good example.
            Hans Jörg Butt, the goalkeeper even scored one of his famous penalties in this game (in 2009 he scored against Juventus again with Bayern in CL)
            sigpic

Comment

Oh wow time flies, already 20 years ago. I vividly remember this game.

Hopefully this year and the coming years our legionnaires will do so amazingly that we won't even have time to discuss our old legendary moments like this. Mahdavikia was a gem in all levels. It'd be hard for anyone else to top him in all aspects. ARJ is the only player I can think of to break all MK's records!

Comment

I think this is happened few weeks after AC 2000, during which Kia was again accused to save his legs for his club(something i never believed tbh), but somehow just like JB, Kia's performance in club and TM was not comparable. Sure he had few amazing matches(2 goals against China, USA, AC 2004 and on fire trio with Karimi and Kaebi), but overall for a player in his caliber the expectation was much higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                  I think this is happened few weeks after AC 2000, during which Kia was again accused to save his legs for his club(something i never believed tbh), but somehow just like JB, Kia's performance in club and TM was not comparable. Sure he had few amazing matches(2 goals against China, USA, AC 2004 and on fire trio with Karimi and Kaebi), but overall for a player in his caliber the expectation was much higher.
                  Agreed. He was always a little slower and indecisive for TM games

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                    As much as that was a great match for an Iranian player , in my opinion the best one was Daie’s two goals to help Hertha beat Chelsea. He also got one against AC Milan.

It was only a couple of seasons back that Sardar got two goals in the Champs league. Yes it wasn’t for a ‘top six’ team but our boys are still playing Champs League football. I expect Rezai to keep up this tradition of a strong Iranian showing in the Champs League.
                    Daei was the pioneer. But this was more goals and against a much better team than Chelsea.

And Sardar's performances were good but not this good. Again i mentioned as a single game. And Sardar is in a crap team in Russia, much different than being in a Bundesliga team

Comment

Working...
                    X