This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ideannakhjavani View Post
    Slightly off topic, but does anyone remember where Dejagah fit in with their squad? Were there other CAM that had higher priority? I wanna know if he would have been starting if he hadn't gotten himself injured
    no doubt he would have if he could stay fit ..! Which is a huge IF in this very competitive league, full of narekhar hackers ..!
    Ashey’s Skill set & playing style is a perfect fit to English game, unfortunately his injury prone, glass body isn’t ..!especially so in his older years ..!
    Karim has the youth & good physique for it but not sure about the grit & ability to deal with the increased pace & physicality of championship..!?

Comment

Originally posted by pdot View Post
      Never heard of skeletal strength?
      Here I thought strength was in your muscle, but somehow it's in your bones. lol
      Doosteh aziz, he meant that he has the physical strength to play in Championship. Don't be such a Molla Loghati my friend. Skeletal strength and muscular strength are both components of physical strength, so you are both right!!

Just be happy that he is out of Greece, hope that he does well in Championship and that he quits acting like a little bitch like he did at times in Iran vs Uzbekistan game.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
        Not to be pessimistic but they are currently sitting 14th place in the table! For them to get a promotion lots needs to change and quickly. Not to mention all the ground they need to make up!
        https://www.skysports.com/championship-table
        Their 6 games into a 46 game season, there’s still 120 points to play for so I don’t think they are quite in panic mode just yet. The two front runners last season were Bristol City and Sheffield United and both of them fell away to mid table. Fulham’s season didn’t get going properly till after Christmas.
        The Championship is a marathon not a sprint and Forest are only 4 points off a play off place.

Comment

Definitely the right move for Karim. It's either sink or swim for him in there. He HAS to get more physical, and he HAS to improve his finishing and he HAS to improve his positioning vis a vis being in the right place at the right time - think Taremi. If he manages to do all of that in championship then he can finally become a full fledged poacher for TM.

Comment

Hey guys! Fairly new here still.

I'm wondering, why did Karim suddenly just stop playing at olympiakos after his 17 goals last season? Was he actually playing that bad?

Did he start / play a few games but suck?

I didn't get to try and watch the games but I swear sometimes he wasn't even in the squad, according to the app I use.

Regardless, I'm glad to see that he's moved on, and to an English club, with a great chance to move up if he puts on some good performances and scores 12+ goals and a few assists this season. That's not gonna be easy at all for him but entirely possible.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
              Hey guys! Fairly new here still.

I'm wondering, why did Karim suddenly just stop playing at olympiakos after his 17 goals last season? Was he actually playing that bad?

Did he start / play a few games but suck?

I didn't get to try and watch the games but I swear sometimes he wasn't even in the squad, according to the app I use.

Regardless, I'm glad to see that he's moved on, and to an English club, with a great chance to move up if he puts on some good performances and scores 12+ goals and a few assists this season. That's not gonna be easy at all for him but entirely possible.
              he returned later bc of WC involvement, all management thought he would be sold, so did he himself. Then in preseason and first EL Qualifiers the replacement they bought, guerrero guy, kept scoring goals, and they still thought karim would be sold, so he never got a chance to break into the team.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                he returned later bc of WC involvement, all management thought he would be sold, so did he himself. Then in preseason and first EL Qualifiers the replacement they bought, guerrero guy, kept scoring goals, and they still thought karim would be sold, so he never got a chance to break into the team.
                Thanks for letting me know! Why were they under the impression he was gonna be sold n the first place though?

I understand the situation with guerrero, but before that, why did the already think of selling him?

Comment

Thanks for letting me know! Why were they under the impression he was gonna be sold n the first place though?

I understand the situation with guerrero, but before that, why did the already think of selling him?
                  There was some fishy business going on. After Karim made his return to the first team in the short stint he was getting left out he hinted at it in interviews by saying some messed up stuff was going on but he didn’t want to speak out about it to cause drama in the team.

He never played bad in fact he has clearly been one of olympiacos’ best players if not their best player since he has been there. Not only does he score goals for them but he is a work horse up front and creates chances for his team mates too.

My guess is their corrupt board members have some kind of agenda against him. For what reason and exactly who has it out for him, we do not know for now.
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Because his agent Reza fazeli sat down with club at end of transfer window, and in a very aggressive way said that karim needed salary increased dramatically. Currently he was on half a milliion $ a year, they wanted over double that. When kos couldnt agree to that, then fazeli basically started pushing for a move. They were okay with this as well, as long as their asking price was met or close to it. But, being the idiots that they are, the management set his price close to 10 million EU which nobody would pay for Karim. So in the end, he couldnt get a transfer to the interested clubs (Besiktas, Gala, Augsburg, Dutch teams), and had to settle for a convenient arrangement with Forest, Marinakis other club.

This btw is the account of greek insider who wrote about this in detail on twitter.

Comment

Osasuna 2.0

Let's hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by jahandoost View Post
                        Osasuna 2.0

Let's hope not.
                        You’ve got to be kidding me.....how did u just manage to make that comparison?
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Karim is so jigar...i hope others realise as well and give this guy a chance...
                          Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            Because his agent Reza fazeli sat down with club at end of transfer window, and in a very aggressive way said that karim needed salary increased dramatically. Currently he was on half a milliion $ a year, they wanted over double that. When kos couldnt agree to that, then fazeli basically started pushing for a move. They were okay with this as well, as long as their asking price was met or close to it. But, being the idiots that they are, the management set his price close to 10 million EU which nobody would pay for Karim. So in the end, he couldnt get a transfer to the interested clubs (Besiktas, Gala, Augsburg, Dutch teams), and had to settle for a convenient arrangement with Forest, Marinakis other club.
                            This btw is the account of greek insider who wrote about this in detail on twitter.
                            Wasn't he a free agent though? Why couldn't he still move to another club for a smaller fee?
                            Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for shedding some light on this for me! I just want to make sure i understand the transfer fee situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                              You’ve got to be kidding me.....how did u just manage to make that comparison?
                              On the basis that he struggled in a Segunda Osasuna side even with Nekounam being present and struggled in his first season in an uncompetitive Greek league. Let’s be honest, he wasn’t that phenomenal at Panionios, the fact that Olympiacos needed a cheap decent forward and the Paninoios feeder situation helped his big move. Eventually after 2 years, he established himself in Greece and fair play to him but he won’t have that luxury in the English Championship.

The English Championship is a different ball game, Gucci’s failing at Charlton should be testamount to that. The reality is that whether we like it or not, he is ill suited for the English Championship. I love the lad and hope I’m proven wrong and we see an emergence of something spectacular, but I’m just highlighting the reality here. Deep down we all know how this will end, and it’s an absolute shame cause a side like Herenveen or Besiktas would have been perfect.
                              Last edited by jahandoost; 09-14-2018, 03:43 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by jahandoost View Post
                                On the basis that he struggled in a Segunda Osasuna side even with Nekounam being present and struggled in his first season in an uncompetitive Greek league. Let’s be honest, he wasn’t phenomenal at Panionios, the fact that Olympiacos needed a cheap decent forward and the Paninoios feeder situation helped his big move. Eventually after 2 years, he established himself in Greece and fair play to him but he won’t have that luxury in the English Championship.

The English Championship is a different ball game, Gucci’s failing at Charlton should be testamount to that. The reality is that whether we like it or not, he is ill suited for the English Championship. I love the lad and hope I’m proven wrong and we see an emergence of something spectacular, but I’m just highlighting the reality here. Deep down we all know how this will end, and it’s an absolute shame cause a side like Herenveen or Besiktas would have been perfect.
                                My dear friend, you’re not even taking into consideration the immense growth he has made in his career since 2014, why is that?! You’re really telling me Karim of today is comparable to Karim of that era?

As someone pretty familiar with the Greek league Karim was widely considered to be the best striker in Greece at the time he was bought by the biggest club in Greece. So my opinion and your opinion aside, that was how he was looked at in the Greek media so much that pannionios was smart enough to invest in other cheap Iranian players and turned all of them for a nice profit!

Agree that besiktas would have been better but there is upside to this move too, we’ll all root for him and I can’t wait until he proves you wrong
                                Team Meli Iran
                                Perspolis FC
                                Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Working...
                                X