Asian Cup 2019: Path to Success - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Asian Cup 2019: Path to Success

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks

Meet your Persian Love Today
    No need for calculations. To win the cup you have to win every game, especially during the knockout stage. Simple as that.

I agree if we face China in the quarters it will be a tricky game. Mentally speaking the team will have to be strong not to fail again at that stage. Once we reach the semis everything becomes possible...

An Australia-Japan in the quarters will be nice!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to parisian homie For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Japan is our toughest opponent and IMO, we are equal to them in strength! They will be in the final and hopefully us!

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,647 Times in 520 Posts
    I rather see Japan in the final and beat them to prove that we are number 1 in Asia based on FIFA ranking and on the pitch. As I said before, I will be completely happy even if we win all of our games 1-0 through the final (eight clean sheets for Beiro will be really cool). I am seriously thinking about going to Dubai for semi-final and the final.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,976 Times in 3,866 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Futbaldoost View Post
    I rather see Japan in the final and beat them to prove that we are number 1 in Asia based on FIFA ranking and on the pitch. As I said before, I will be completely happy even if we win all of our games 1-0 through the final (eight clean sheets for Beiro will be really cool). I am seriously thinking about going to Dubai for semi-final and the final.
    well the way the brackets are set up we can only meet Japan/Australia in semi final. Tbh, Japan is the much better team, but I still think we can beat them. Having said that, I would rather us down australia, it would be a much more sweet victory.

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    How many Iranian fans will go to UAE? I hope we will have "home" advantage against the East Asians and Australia.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by forzatm View Post
    How many Iranian fans will go to UAE? I hope we will have "home" advantage against the East Asians and Australia.
    There will definitely be enough. I think we were 3-4k when fifa u17 tournament was held there and ezatollahi was in the team.

Enough Iranians in UAE and ticket prices are relatively inexpensive

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alitor82 For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by forzatm View Post
    I think that's a slam dunk considering all the Iranians who live in UAE and Qatar plus all who go there from Iran and rest of the world for the games.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Futbaldoost For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    well the way the brackets are set up we can only meet Japan/Australia in semi final. Tbh, Japan is the much better team, but I still think we can beat them. Having said that, I would rather us down australia, it would be a much more sweet victory.
    My mistake, yes would like to beat Japan in the semi-final (Australia will be sweet too yet I prefer Japan). South Korea for the final then.

Thanks
    Surprised to see so many calling Korea in final. I think it’s definitely going to be Saudi Arabia.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,944 Times in 1,841 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
    Surprised to see so many calling Korea in final. I think it’s definitely going to be Saudi Arabia.
    It might be but right now Saudis most experienced defender Osama Hawsawi retired and their captain is losing pace (Taissir Al Jassem). I suspect leakiness at the back will be their downfall

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 294

You do not have permission to view the list of names.