GROUP F
    ------------------------
    1. JAPAN (1)
    2. UZBEKISTAN (2)
    3. OMAN (3/4)
    4. TURKMENISTAN (3/4)

GROUP STAGE:
    ============
    36 games in group stage to determine first, second and third teams in each group. 4 of the best third place teams move to next stage.

ROUND OF 16: (Assuming no major upset)
    ==============================================
    W37 --- 1B v 3acd ---- Australia v Bahrain/Kyrgz/Vietnam
    W38 --- 2A v 2C ---- Thailand v China
    W39 --- 1D v 3bef ---- Iran v DPR Korea/Lebanon/Oman/Turkmenistan/Jordan/Palestine
    W40 --- 1F v 2E ---- Japan v Qatar/Saudi
    W41 --- 2B v 2F ---- Syria v Uzbek
    W42 --- 1A v 3cde ---- UAE v Kyrgz/Vietnam/DPR Korea
    W43 --- 1C v 3abf ---- S Korea v Bahrain/Jordan/Oman
    W44 --- 1E v 2D ---- Saudi/Qatar v Iraq

QUARTERFINALS: (Assuming no major upset)
    W45 --- W37 v W40 Australia v Japan
    W46 --- W38 v W39 China v Iran
    W47 --- W43 v W44 S Korea v Saudi/Qatar
    W48 --- W42 v W41 UAE v Uzbek

SEMIFINAL: (Assuming no major upset)
    W49 --- W46 v W45 Iran v Australia/Japan
    W50 --- W47 v W48 S Korea vs UAE

FINAL: (Predictions)
    W51 --- W49 v W50 Iran v S Korea/UAE ========>>Winner: Iran

Analysis:
    Iran must win its group to enjoy a relatively easy path to semi-finals.
    On its way to the semis, Iran must be victorious in the round of 16 against the best third place team from groups* B, E and F which could include one of the DPR Korea, Lebanon, Oman, Turkmenistan, Jordan and Palestine. In the quarter-finals, China will pose to be the most likely opponent for Iran. In the semi finals, Iran will meet either of Australia or Japan before reaching the final which will include either of S Korea and UAE/Saudi/Qatar who are the most probable candidates to also reach the semi-finals/final stage.

*If the final standing of Group B, E and F, be anything other than the usual suspects, then that could impact who Iran will meet in semi final, which could potentially include Saudi or Qatar or even Iraq. If Iran becomes second in its group, it would have a much more difficult route to the semis/finals, where it would need to face Qatar/Saudi in the round of 16 and potentially S Korea in quarter-finals.

Lol good luck Australia
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Iran v South Korea final would be something

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
        Iran v South Korea final would be something
        Better for us to play SK. Because if it's an Arab team, we'll definitely get screwed over.

Comment

You guys should not underestimate Vietnam they are one of the best young emerging Asian sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Azeem98 View Post
            You guys should not underestimate Vietnam they are one of the best young emerging Asian sides.
            Imo they are a bigger threat to us than Iraq but still we should win the group without losing any points.

Comment

I'm worried about the possible QF game against China. It's one of those classic games where we can choke against way lesser quality teams like we have done so in the past (China 2004, Iraq 2015).

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                I'm worried about the possible QF game against China. It's one of those classic games where we can choke against way lesser quality teams like we have done so in the past (China 2004, Iraq 2015).
                I predict an even more classic result: 1-0 for Iran (CQ special)!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                  I predict an even more classic result: 1-0 for Iran (CQ special)!
                  You mad bruh?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post

Don't forget we did not choke in those instances, rather got screwed over by incompetent and corrupt refs.

Comment

No need for calculations. To win the cup you have to win every game, especially during the knockout stage. Simple as that.

I agree if we face China in the quarters it will be a tricky game. Mentally speaking the team will have to be strong not to fail again at that stage. Once we reach the semis everything becomes possible...

An Australia-Japan in the quarters will be nice!

Comment

Japan is our toughest opponent and IMO, we are equal to them in strength! They will be in the final and hopefully us!

Comment

I rather see Japan in the final and beat them to prove that we are number 1 in Asia based on FIFA ranking and on the pitch. As I said before, I will be completely happy even if we win all of our games 1-0 through the final (eight clean sheets for Beiro will be really cool). I am seriously thinking about going to Dubai for semi-final and the final.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                            I rather see Japan in the final and beat them to prove that we are number 1 in Asia based on FIFA ranking and on the pitch. As I said before, I will be completely happy even if we win all of our games 1-0 through the final (eight clean sheets for Beiro will be really cool). I am seriously thinking about going to Dubai for semi-final and the final.
                            well the way the brackets are set up we can only meet Japan/Australia in semi final. Tbh, Japan is the much better team, but I still think we can beat them. Having said that, I would rather us down australia, it would be a much more sweet victory.

Comment

How many Iranian fans will go to UAE? I hope we will have "home" advantage against the East Asians and Australia.

Comment

Working...
                              X