Asian Cup 2019: Path to Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by forzatm View Post
    How many Iranian fans will go to UAE? I hope we will have "home" advantage against the East Asians and Australia.
    There will definitely be enough. I think we were 3-4k when fifa u17 tournament was held there and ezatollahi was in the team.

Enough Iranians in UAE and ticket prices are relatively inexpensive

Comment

Originally posted by forzatm View Post
      How many Iranian fans will go to UAE? I hope we will have "home" advantage against the East Asians and Australia.
      I think that's a slam dunk considering all the Iranians who live in UAE and Qatar plus all who go there from Iran and rest of the world for the games.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        well the way the brackets are set up we can only meet Japan/Australia in semi final. Tbh, Japan is the much better team, but I still think we can beat them. Having said that, I would rather us down australia, it would be a much more sweet victory.
        My mistake, yes would like to beat Japan in the semi-final (Australia will be sweet too yet I prefer Japan). South Korea for the final then.

Comment

Surprised to see so many calling Korea in final. I think it’s definitely going to be Saudi Arabia.

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
            Surprised to see so many calling Korea in final. I think it’s definitely going to be Saudi Arabia.
            It might be but right now Saudis most experienced defender Osama Hawsawi retired and their captain is losing pace (Taissir Al Jassem). I suspect leakiness at the back will be their downfall

Comment

Saudis will have the refs on their side, so they're always a contender.

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
                I am only saying what I would like to see. What will actually happen has not much to do with what I say

Comment

For Iran the UAE is almost like having home field advantage unless we end up playing either

UAE or Saudi Arabia only.

There are one million Iranians who live in UAE .

Comment

How many of you think Asia is more predictable than other tournaments like world cup or euro? The usual suspects are the top 5 + at best 2 other teams. You don't expect to see a second tier team to surprise. Do you? Do we have a Greece or Croatia in Asia? .. not that Croatia is second tier.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                      How many of you think Asia is more predictable than other tournaments like world cup or euro? The usual suspects are the top 5 + at best 2 other teams. You don't expect to see a second tier team to surprise. Do you? Do we have a Greece or Croatia in Asia? .. not that Croatia is second tier.
                      Maybe we don't have unpredictable teams, but we do have unpredictable refs.
                      بسی رنج بردم در این سال سی
                      عجم زنده کردم بدین پارسی

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        Saudis will have the refs on their side, so they're always a contender.
                        wouldn't be so sure about that. they haven't been a contender since 2007 and have been eliminated in group stages in the last 2 asian cups. of course they're stronger now than they were in those editions but I think with them having 3 tough group stage matches and then running into most likely either japan or iraq in round of 16 will be the end of them.
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Top 10 odds
                          https://www.betbrain.com/football/as...r/whole-event/

Japan 5.63
                          Iran 5.80
                          South Korea 6.85
                          Australa 7.25
                          UAE 8.05
                          Saudi Arabia 9.13
                          Syria 15.25
                          Uzbekistan 18.13
                          Iraq 19.00
                          Qatar 22.50

Our odds might be slightly overrated because we have the easist path to the semi-finals among the top 5 teams.

Comment

Baba we got this!!

Comment

Do we know if video replays will be deployed in the Asia Cup? If so, what effect do you think it will have on the refereeing? Would it make it improve in the Asia cup?

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                                Do we know if video replays will be deployed in the Asia Cup? If so, what effect do you think it will have on the refereeing? Would it make it improve in the Asia cup?
                                That is a good question.

If VAR is deployed at Asian Cup, It better have some improvements from lessons learned from world cup. At world cup VAR was still in beta phase and NOT ready for prime time.

Comment

Working...
                                X