Our Best TM line up flashed for about 7 minutes between minutes 64 and 71 - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Best TM line up flashed for about 7 minutes between minutes 64 and 71

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks

Meet your Persian Love Today
    For crying out loud enough anti threading please. Let people express themselves.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Iran Doost For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Agree. A few years back we played Uzbekistan in Uzbekistan and we won the game (I think it was a WC qualifying game), but TM played crap and didn't deserve the win. However, this time around, for long periods in the 2nd half of the game, I couldn't believe that this TM team was making those brisk, accurate, one touch passing and always quick to press the opponent and fight to get the ball right back. Brilliant really. Well done CQ and players.
    "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"
    Jon Stewart-eh shirazi

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lapayee For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,033 Times in 791 Posts
    I didnt watch the first half but the way we played in the second half was the best I had seen iran in years.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hadi For This Useful Post:

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,763 Times in 1,566 Posts
    All im going to say is that ansarifard and taremi are not good enough to be sole strikers. They are ok as support ut not as target men

8. The Following User Says Thank You to persiangodfather For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I’ d like to see the following lineup starting in the Asian Cup:

———————Beiranvand——————
    Moharrami—Pouraliganji—Hosseini—Mohammadi
    Ezatolahi——Ebrahimi
    Jahanbakhsh—- Ghoddos ——— torabi
    —————-Rezaei————-

Difficult to say if Gholizadeh should play instead of Torabi. Gholizadeh has more technical quality,
    but his decision- making at times is poor, plus he takes too much time until he produces something
    (too selfish in my opinion).
    Although Jahanbakhsh did not convince me yesterday, he is the 2nd best attacking player after ghoddos
    I would say and should definitely start.

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    I didn't want to name players but I think I should. Up until CQ made all the subs including Torabi in minute 64, he suddenly completed the the jigsaw until minute 71 when masood was subbed in. I love Masood Shojai and he is a fantastic person and player but it doesn't mean that he is able to fit in any jigsaw. Footy is a team game you could put 11 average players in team and play well together and do really well and beat some strong teams (and as a result all these average players look great) such as a team made up of 11 stars simply because the players are able to read, connect and understand each other well. I may be wrong but TM suddenly started to flow as if a clog or a knot had been undone or by chance those players on the field were connecting well with each other. May be it is worth trying those guys together and see how they do? Maybe it was just a fluke?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Roozbeh-G2006 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rizz View Post
    I’ d like to see the following lineup starting in the Asian Cup:

———————Beiranvand——————
    Moharrami—Pouraliganji—Hosseini—Mohammadi
    Ezatolahi——Ebrahimi
    Jahanbakhsh—- Ghoddos ——— torabi
    —————-Rezaei————-

Difficult to say if Gholizadeh should play instead of Torabi. Gholizadeh has more technical quality,
    but his decision- making at times is poor, plus he takes too much time until he produces something
    (too selfish in my opinion).
    Although Jahanbakhsh did not convince me yesterday, he is the 2nd best attacking player after ghoddos
    I would say and should definitely start.
    CQ will never go with this compo unless we're trailing behind and urgently need to score. In the big games you're more likely to see Amiri in the lineup as well (going 4-3-3) and Taremi on a wing rather than Torabi/Gholizadeh - Taremi showed at the WC he's ready to come back and defend and chases up well with opponents. I'd also like to see Ghoddos/Jahanbakhsh/Gholizadeh or Torabi play in the attacking midfield but CQ won't risk this as none of them has good defensive abilities and motivation to defend. CQ will look for the perfectly balanced team, with the balance slightly more on defense rather than offense. Also if Azmoun comes back he's likely to start the games.

Thanks
    I find the thread interesting but I think we shouldn't overestimate just how meaningful 7 mins in a game are. International football is more and more becoming a play of chess and teams will have moments when they struggle and others when they're better. The key thing being not to concede when you're a bit down. France showed this off during the WC.

Therefore even without this lineup Iran was always going to have a few mins where it would largely outclass Uzbekistan (thank God!).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to parisian homie For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,033 Times in 791 Posts
    Ghodoos, Taermi and Karim must start in my opinion.

JB has catching up to do

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hadi For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Having observed CQ and his tactics for the last 7 years or so I can clearly see a different tactic being deployed by CQ in the latest game. You could clearly see instructions to build play with fast movements right from the Irans 18 yard box. Even Abedzadeh was giving short passes to the defence and the were playing it out even when the Uzbek players were on them in numbers near Iran’s goal. They just did not hoof the ball out even when under some pressure, this is new. It was as if CQ had clear instructions to only play fast 1 or 2 touch passes until the 18 yard of the Uzbeks. This is a completely different mindset and the players executed it quite well.

Iran will get better with this tactic and if they get to continue with some more friendlies we will do very well in the Asia Cup. I think this is where we see the true value of CQ, the ability to plan and execute a plan with a set of players who just soak up whatever he throws at them. Credit to the players as well for being coachable and execute the plans. I have a feeling this is the gear shift we were all looking forward to.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Omids For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 28

You do not have permission to view the list of names.