Iran vs Uzbekistan 9/11/2018 Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Navidi94 View Post
    hey guys i could unfortunately not watch the game due to wokr but just watched a 15 min highlight video on youtube . I know it is not the same as watching the complete game live on tv but i am trying to get an opinion of the game. I read party of the thread and also trying to rate amirs performance in goals and especially his a little risky exits.

Yes they looked and were risky but he was always successfull and won the ball or cleared it in all occasions except for that last chance which almost went into goal but that was " just" miscalculating the cross. We have this saying that if the GK leaves his goal he has to have it otherwise its is his mistkake. Although his exits were risky he always got the ball. It reminded me of manuel neuers performance against algeria in 2014 WC where he was amazing in his exits and acted like an 11 field player. I agree that sometimes amirs exits were maybe a little to much and it looked like he tried to really rove himself with outstanding actions but this is modern GK play, To anticipate situations and be part of the game and be able to read situations well and take part in the game and this is what amir did today i think with his actions. he is a different kind of GK than beiro, a bit more modern also cuz he plays in europe and learns maybe a little different GK game where the keeper is part of the game and does not just kick out the ball blindly into the sky. I thinkamir can become soon a serious competitor to beiro...lets see.
    I hope CQ gives abedzadeh a couple matches (maybe a friendly and a group stage match) so we can get a clearer picture of what he is capable of for TM.
    بسی رنج بردم در این سال سی
    عجم زنده کردم بدین پارسی

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
      LMFAO, Y'all need to stop acting like this Dollar store Ali Daei is the end all be all of Iranian strikers. Not much would have been different if we had Azmoun up there today.
      Could you imagine if Azmoun had the same hunger and attitude as Ali Daei?! If he did I'd have no doubt he'd be one of the world's best strikers right now playing for a top 5 club.. It''s not entirely too late yet though. Hopefully he can have a really good season this year in Russia and then move to a better league. But as each season passes my optimism reduces.

Comment

I just watched the full match and it was a really good preparatory game for the Asian Cup, although I must ask the question: Shojaei?!!!!

Comment

Wonder if Cq strategy with Shojaie is to have him slow the game with fouls?

Comment

Originally posted by tiesto View Post
            Wonder if Cq strategy with Shojaie is to have him slow the game with fouls?
            That would work if only Masoud wouldn't give the ball away 50% of the time (still love the guy though!).

Comment

My guess is that CQ sees the value of Masoud's leadership for the team. Younger players look up to him.

Comment

WHAT GAME WERE SOME OF US WATCHING ?
                May be some of us just have our minds made up already.
                I just watched the game over. Specifically to see how SHOJAEI played.
                He replaced EZATOLLAHI when our team was at it's most dangerous. EZATOLLAHI was a beast. Making long passes that almost became a goal (to TAREMI) and venturing into the UZBEK box to add number to attack which ended up IN our goal.
                And then .. he was subbed out soon after... right After he took a shot from about 35-40 yards out which went to the sky, he was taken out in the 69th minute..
                1. He has to go Paris and then, hopefully, to Reading. So he didn't need to play 90 minutes once we got the lead.
                2. SHOJAIE played in his place against MORROCCO, so he knew what he had to do.
                -
                so .... SHOJAIE came in ... only missed his target / lost the ball ONCE while receiving a pass while challenged and the ball got away from him in the 73rd minute. That led to an UZBEK breakaway, basically 2 attackers (one which was chased by SHOJAIE into the Iran half)and 4 Iranian defenders.... that was the attack which ended when their #21 lost to ball to a throw in carelessly and his captain came up to him and slapped him on the shoulder, telling him not to give up trying.
                Before and after that play SHOJAIE (as Captain and anchor of midfield with EBRAHIMI) basically made sure we had possession. Quick one touch passes in triangles to make the opposition midfield play chase and get tired as the game wore on.
                If we win every game in ASIAN CUP against the top opponents like this, I won't care. Quieroz is experimenting and testing the different combinations of players.
                I think once we start to connect better when the ball in near the opposition penalty box, then we will score even more goals.
                SHOJAIE and his experience is what matters now. Not much else. He had 2 fouls. Which slowed down potential attacks by Uzbeks. He knows what his role is and is capable of being that defending meidfield when EZATOLLAHI is not in the team.
                so, all of us who just automatically think he is useless and the team's standard of play goes down with him in there, need to watch this game again. He is coming in there to do a specific job and in this match he did it pretty good.
                Here is the link to the full match.
                Have a good day everyone.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwiEVbfubuw --- SHOJAIE is easy to find because he is the only one with WHITE boots.
                Can't wait til Asian Cup.

Comment

Not sure why Gucci had to retire while Shoajei still gets to play??!!! Gucci is way better!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                    Not sure why Gucci had to retire while Shoajei still gets to play??!!! Gucci is way better!!!
                    Someone needs to have a serious talk with Shoajaei.

Comment

Originally posted by AsOen5 View Post
                      Ghafouri reminds me of Kimmich. He can be very valuable, don't write him off already
                      From our hero to zero.

It’s not his fault, he’s been playing for his club as a winger for the last few months. It goes to prove why CQ left him out from the WC squad and then every tosser “Karshenas” criticized him. I guess he brought Vouria back to shut them up.
                      sigpic
                      Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Working...
                      X