Should we participate in the Asian Cup 2019? - Page 2

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we participate in the Asian Cup 2019?

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Our Vatan is fucked if you're the Sarbaz we have...

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Hormozgan For This Useful Post:

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arash123 View Post
    1. Uhlsport just signed
    It is not. They are still looking for a kit manufacturer.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. We have forwards to replace Azmoun and Gucci. Your sources are Iranian and therefore unreliable.
    I read that from several Iranian sources not just one source. Several other players are thinking about retirement such as Ebrahimi, Amiri, Shojaei, Montazeri, etc.

3. Have you not seen the training pics?
    They are training in Azadi Stadium which is not a training field. Based on what I read, It takes one more month to prepare the main training field of the national team.

4. CQ is staying.
    He did not sign any contract yet. That is why he attended with jeans in the training sessions in first a few days and he was criticized for that. I would not mind to replace him with another foreign coach.

5. We can focus on AC and WC simultaneously and be fine. So, no. Let's enjoy AC with a full TM
    Of course we can but I really think the next AC is a pointless tournament for us at the moment. It is more good for second or third tier Asian national teams. Look what one of Qatari fans qatarigunner said about the next Asian Cup:

Now that we got invited to a very prestigious tournament like the Copa America in 2019, the Asian Cup is nothing but a burden to us. Qatar should send their B team to this pointless tournament.

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,121 Times in 5,893 Posts
    I invite everyone to post pictures of people dancing in this thread. Preferably Baba Karam pics.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KC McElroy For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,601 Times in 833 Posts
    That's it, Gucci retired guys, time to close-up shop on Team Melli. I don't know how TM survived before Gucci. It's been fun while it lasted.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KasraKhan For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,050 Times in 2,118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KC McElroy View Post
    I invite everyone to post pictures of people dancing in this thread. Preferably Baba Karam pics.
    Are you a mod or previously one? 🤔

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,763 Times in 1,566 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KasraKhan View Post
    That's it, Gucci retired guys, time to close-up shop on Team Melli. I don't know how TM survived before Gucci. It's been fun while it lasted.
    I would recommend to fold the team when CQ quits tho

10. The Following User Says Thank You to persiangodfather For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
    IMO we should not even participate in the Asian Cup 2019 due to many reasons such as:

1. Very difficult to get a decent kit manufacturer because of sanctions

2. Lack of motivation. (Ex. Gucci retired. Azmoun temporarily retired. I followed Iranian newspapers in last a few months and several players such as Ebrahimi, Amiri, Montazeri, Shojaei, etc are thinking about retirement as well)

3. The training field of the national team is not ready yet.

4. CQ did not sign any contract yet. If he leave, I think we should bring another foreign coach with less money.

5. Nothing miracle will happen in next 4 months. So It is better to not participate or send combination of B team and U23 team and start focusing on next World Cup Qualifiers now. Do not forget that Asian Cup is not a place for us to earn respect. For us, the best place to earn respect is World Cup. So World Cup Qualifiers 2022 is a lot more important than Asian Cup 2019 for me.

Due to the reasons I mentioned, It is possible for us to not have a good Asian Cup which may impact on our WCQs 2022 negatively. So It may be better for us to shift the attention to the WCQs 2022 now and sacrifice the Asian Cup 2019 for it.

What do you guys think now?

Its a hot topic. Thanks for posting, this thought crossed my mind earlier in the week. Its happened to many nations before including us where we have to pull out of international competition due to regional/political turmoil. Personally at the moment I do not believe we should, coming off a hot world cup performance where many of our players are in excellent shape.

But other members please respond a bit nicer, there is a real possibility in the near future if things god forbid get worse in our country for TM to pull out of international competitions. I pray it doesn't happen and only hope for the best because as you would agree, TM is a source of happiness for all Iranians.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arvin_guzoo For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,116 Times in 1,811 Posts
    this is the candidate for the worst thread ever made!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ehsan singapore For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,362 Times in 1,755 Posts
    with this logic no one should take any step in life unless everything is served on a silver plate.

Can it get any worse than Syria who challenged everyone in WCQ group?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GolfePersique For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,590 Times in 3,901 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by persiangodfather View Post
    I would recommend to fold the team when CQ quits tho
    I recommend we start working on that billboard you proposed a few months back
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghermez Agha For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 7

You do not have permission to view the list of names.