Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we participate in the Asian Cup 2019?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
    That's it, Gucci retired guys, time to close-up shop on Team Melli. I don't know how TM survived before Gucci. It's been fun while it lasted.
    I would recommend to fold the team when CQ quits tho
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
      IMO we should not even participate in the Asian Cup 2019 due to many reasons such as:

1. Very difficult to get a decent kit manufacturer because of sanctions

2. Lack of motivation. (Ex. Gucci retired. Azmoun temporarily retired. I followed Iranian newspapers in last a few months and several players such as Ebrahimi, Amiri, Montazeri, Shojaei, etc are thinking about retirement as well)

3. The training field of the national team is not ready yet.

4. CQ did not sign any contract yet. If he leave, I think we should bring another foreign coach with less money.

5. Nothing miracle will happen in next 4 months. So It is better to not participate or send combination of B team and U23 team and start focusing on next World Cup Qualifiers now. Do not forget that Asian Cup is not a place for us to earn respect. For us, the best place to earn respect is World Cup. So World Cup Qualifiers 2022 is a lot more important than Asian Cup 2019 for me.

Due to the reasons I mentioned, It is possible for us to not have a good Asian Cup which may impact on our WCQs 2022 negatively. So It may be better for us to shift the attention to the WCQs 2022 now and sacrifice the Asian Cup 2019 for it.

What do you guys think now?

Its a hot topic. Thanks for posting, this thought crossed my mind earlier in the week. Its happened to many nations before including us where we have to pull out of international competition due to regional/political turmoil. Personally at the moment I do not believe we should, coming off a hot world cup performance where many of our players are in excellent shape.

But other members please respond a bit nicer, there is a real possibility in the near future if things god forbid get worse in our country for TM to pull out of international competitions. I pray it doesn't happen and only hope for the best because as you would agree, TM is a source of happiness for all Iranians.

Comment

this is the candidate for the worst thread ever made!

Comment

with this logic no one should take any step in life unless everything is served on a silver plate.

Can it get any worse than Syria who challenged everyone in WCQ group?

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
            I would recommend to fold the team when CQ quits tho
            I recommend we start working on that billboard you proposed a few months back
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

thread is a joke. But I hope one day, if iranian football is ever managed properly (If it was managed like our volleyball for example), we can send a B team/younger players to asian cup with a real chance of winning, like germany with confed cup.

Comment

Firdt of all It's team melli. Not Iran NT.

Shojaei, montazari, gucci, amiri are old and won't be there for next world cup and are <<< ghodos, Majid.hosseini, kaveh rezaei.or ansarifard, and jahanbaksh.

IDK what you are talking about. Have some perspective

Comment

Bullshit thread

Comment

A man was so afraid of death that he killed himself...

Comment

Our new players need a chance to be seen. For over 100 years, Iran has not stopped trying in football. Iran should never stop trying.
                      Dumb thread and dumber reasons listed.
                      چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

IMO we should not even participate in the Asian Cup 2019 due to many reasons such as:
                        1. Very difficult to get a decent kit manufacturer because of sanctions
                        2. Lack of motivation. (Ex. Gucci retired. Azmoun temporarily retired. I followed Iranian newspapers in last a few months and several players such as Ebrahimi, Amiri, Montazeri, Shojaei, etc are thinking about retirement as well)
                        3. The training field of the national team is not ready yet.
                        4. CQ did not sign any contract yet. If he leave, I think we should bring another foreign coach with less money.
                        5. Nothing miracle will happen in next 4 months. So It is better to not participate or send combination of B team and U23 team and start focusing on next World Cup Qualifiers now. Do not forget that Asian Cup is not a place for us to earn respect. For us, the best place to earn respect is World Cup. So World Cup Qualifiers 2022 is a lot more important than Asian Cup 2019 for me.
                        Due to the reasons I mentioned, It is possible for us to not have a good Asian Cup which may impact on our WCQs 2022 negatively. So It may be better for us to shift the attention to the WCQs 2022 now and sacrifice the Asian Cup 2019 for it.
                        What do you guys think now?
                        let's see ..... is that money coming out of your personal pocket ? would the money we save by getting a cheaper coach be used for the good of Iranian football ? You think we'll get high caliber friendlies with Jose Kohan running our football program ? Why do you want a cheaper coach ? It's not like we have a salary cap and the money we save can go to positive things for Iranian football.
                        “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Why? Come on. Nothing miracle will happen in next 4 months. If we do not do very well in the next Asian Cup which is possibility due to the reasons I mentioned, It may have bad impact on our WCQs 2022 games. For example, we may change the coaches frequently again. So I really think Asian Cup 2019 is a pointless tournament for us at the moment and we should now shift the focus on WCQs 2022 and solving the problems such as kit, training field, etc.
                          We lost to Iraq in the QF.

We proceeded to tear apart our WCQ group. RIP South Korea La ellaha ellalah

Comment

Yes, we should participate.

Iraq won the Asian Cup in 2007 when their country was in a complete state of chaos.

Comment

What the...? If we pull out we will be banned from all competitions for many years. This isn't even an option. Ridiculous!

Comment

Yes, we should definitely participate.

And then when the UAE robs us in broad daylight, we should all come back and say how we should have never participated in the first place and how the AFC is a joke.

It's a wild ride, being a TM fan

Comment

Working...
                                X