Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we participate in the Asian Cup 2019?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should we participate in the Asian Cup 2019?

IMO we should not even participate in the Asian Cup 2019 due to many reasons such as:

1. Very difficult to get a decent kit manufacturer because of sanctions

2. Lack of motivation. (Ex. Gucci retired. Azmoun temporarily retired. I followed Iranian newspapers in last a few months and several players such as Ebrahimi, Amiri, Montazeri, Shojaei, etc are thinking about retirement as well)

3. The training field of the national team is not ready yet.

4. CQ did not sign any contract yet. If he leave, I think we should bring another foreign coach with less money.

5. Nothing miracle will happen in next 4 months. So It is better to not participate or send combination of B team and U23 team and start focusing on next World Cup Qualifiers now. Do not forget that Asian Cup is not a place for us to earn respect. For us, the best place to earn respect is World Cup. So World Cup Qualifiers 2022 is a lot more important than Asian Cup 2019 for me.

Due to the reasons I mentioned, It is possible for us to not have a good Asian Cup which may impact on our WCQs 2022 negatively. So It may be better for us to shift the attention to the WCQs 2022 now and sacrifice the Asian Cup 2019 for it.

What do you guys think now?

Delete your account

You clearly are not a real fan of TM

Comment

Dumb thread...

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
        Delete your account

You clearly are not a real fan of TM
        I am more TM fan than you. I grew up with it. I supported Iran Soccer NT since childhood and always support it.

Comment

Originally posted by Behzad12 View Post
          Dumb thread...
          Why? Come on. Nothing miracle will happen in next 4 months. If we do not do very well in the next Asian Cup which is possibility due to the reasons I mentioned, It may have bad impact on our WCQs 2022 games. For example, we may change the coaches frequently again. So I really think Asian Cup 2019 is a pointless tournament for us at the moment and we should now shift the focus on WCQs 2022 and solving the problems such as kit, training field, etc.

Comment

1. Uhlsport just signed

2. We have forwards to replace Azmoun and Gucci. Your sources are Iranian and therefore unreliable.

3. Have you not seen the training pics?

4. CQ is staying.

5. We can focus on AC and WC simultaneously and be fine

So, no. Let's enjoy AC with a full TM

Comment

I say let's send our bowling team instead.
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
                IMO we should not even participate in the Asian Cup 2019 due to many reasons such as:
                1. Very difficult to get a decent kit manufacturer because of sanctions
                2. Lack of motivation. (Ex. Gucci retired. Azmoun temporarily retired. I followed Iranian newspapers in last a few months and several players such as Ebrahimi, Amiri, Montazeri, Shojaei, etc are thinking about retirement as well)
                3. The training field of the national team is not ready yet.
                4. CQ did not sign any contract yet. If he leave, I think we should bring another foreign coach with less money.
                5. Nothing miracle will happen in next 4 months. So It is better to not participate or send combination of B team and U23 team and start focusing on next World Cup Qualifiers now. Do not forget that Asian Cup is not a place for us to earn respect. For us, the best place to earn respect is World Cup. So World Cup Qualifiers 2022 is a lot more important than Asian Cup 2019 for me.
                Due to the reasons I mentioned, It is possible for us to not have a good Asian Cup which may impact on our WCQs 2022 negatively. So It may be better for us to shift the attention to the WCQs 2022 now and sacrifice the Asian Cup 2019 for it.
                What do you guys think now?
                What a loser mentality. If you don't try, you're guaranteed to fail. If you try, there's a chance to succeed.

Your post is even more ridiculous if one recalls that Iran is arguably the best team in Asia (though Japan would no doubt dispute that).

Also, in football, even a team that is, on paper, unlikely to succeed can shock. By your reasoning, teams without a realistic chance shouldn't attend tournaments. Greece shouldn't have attended the EUROS in 2004 and Croatia shouldn't have attended the WC in 1998 or this year too, I take it?
                Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

MODs please close this thread......
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Should we shoot ourselves in the foot now or later ?
                    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Our Vatan is fucked if you're the Sarbaz we have...

Comment

Originally posted by arash123 View Post
                        1. Uhlsport just signed
                        It is not. They are still looking for a kit manufacturer.

http://90tv.ir/news/479332/%D8%A8%DB...85%D9%84%DB%8C

2. We have forwards to replace Azmoun and Gucci. Your sources are Iranian and therefore unreliable.
                        I read that from several Iranian sources not just one source. Several other players are thinking about retirement such as Ebrahimi, Amiri, Shojaei, Montazeri, etc.

3. Have you not seen the training pics?
                        They are training in Azadi Stadium which is not a training field. Based on what I read, It takes one more month to prepare the main training field of the national team.

4. CQ is staying.
                        He did not sign any contract yet. That is why he attended with jeans in the training sessions in first a few days and he was criticized for that. I would not mind to replace him with another foreign coach.

5. We can focus on AC and WC simultaneously and be fine. So, no. Let's enjoy AC with a full TM
                        Of course we can but I really think the next AC is a pointless tournament for us at the moment. It is more good for second or third tier Asian national teams. Look what one of Qatari fans qatarigunner said about the next Asian Cup:

Now that we got invited to a very prestigious tournament like the Copa America in 2019, the Asian Cup is nothing but a burden to us. Qatar should send their B team to this pointless tournament.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/201...#post-36584573

Comment

I invite everyone to post pictures of people dancing in this thread. Preferably Baba Karam pics.
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

That's it, Gucci retired guys, time to close-up shop on Team Melli. I don't know how TM survived before Gucci. It's been fun while it lasted.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                              I invite everyone to post pictures of people dancing in this thread. Preferably Baba Karam pics.
                              Are you a mod or previously one? 🤔

Comment

Working...
                              X