Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USMNT has two unfilled friendly spots for 2018 -- Would Iran take one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Hey guys, let's just completely ignore the fact that we played against this 18 years ago.
    I WAS THERE!

Comment

I as there too wow almost 19 years have past. ???!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
        I as there too wow almost 19 years have past. ???!!!
        The Rose Bowl was filled with alternating red, white, and green, as someone (PFDC?) organized and relayed which color shirt we should wear depending on our seat section (without any social media at that time, I must add!). I remember a tiny (and I mean tiny) group of American supporters in the bottom corner of the stadium. Felt a bit bad for them, being so outnumbered. It was very busy with TM fans everywhere. It took us forever to find parking, and as we were walking to the stadium from our car, I heard the roar of the crowd (yes, Iran had scored...and I missed it!). It was a still a very sweet and memorable experience. Would LOVE to do it again! Here's to hoping for more football diplomacy!

Comment

These are procedures to request a friendly with US Soccer: https://www.ussoccer.com/about/feder...ing-procedures

They will like to beat Iran for the first time in decades. So it will be a purposeful match and good for preparation on either side.

After Iranian players travel to the US, they should be able to find additional opportunities for networking.
          sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by suissi View Post
            Tabatabei. was a solid keeper. better than mirza or nakissa for sure.
            That game against Denmark

Comment

It is absolutely f**king embarrassing that IFF doesn’t have any money to even set up some mediocre friendlies .
              No matter With sanctions or without them .
              How the hell are we gona play lines of Argentina and Columbia?!???

Comment

It is absolutely f**king embarrassing that IFF doesn’t have any money to even set up some mediocre friendlies .
                You do understand that even if IFF had a zillion dollars, if there is no way to transfer these funds to other football federations (ie sanctions on international banking transactions), then they still can't set up friendlies? Lack of funds (cause Iran can't sell it's oil, carpets, pistachios, etc due to sanctions), as well as an inability to send/receive/transfer funds internationally (due to banking sanctions) is taking its toll. Blame who you want, but this round of sanctions is clearly due to Trump and his clown show as Iran was (and still is) playing by the rules they signed up to in JCPOA.

Comment

Yes I am very familiar with New banking sanctions that piece of shit trump put on Iran

But I am sure thru many of our European friends it is possible to pay some money to a few

Nations to play us for God’s sake 😡😡😡😡

Comment

Yes I am very familiar with New banking sanctions that piece of shit trump put on Iran

But I am sure thru many of our European friends it is possible to pay some money to a few

Nations to play us for God’s sake 😡😡😡😡
                    this is really no fault of IFF sadly. It is really very difficult to 1. Find opponents that are willing to play iran. 2. Find opponents that fit preparation plan for AC (opponents we can go toe to toe with, learn to dominate possession more). 3. Find opponents that are financially feasible. Can cover part of cost for TM to come to their country, or share cost of playing in a neutral country.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      this is really no fault of IFF sadly. It is really very difficult to 1. Find opponents that are willing to play iran. 2. Find opponents that fit preparation plan for AC (opponents we can go toe to toe with, learn to dominate possession more). 3. Find opponents that are financially feasible. Can cover part of cost for TM to come to their country, or share cost of playing in a neutral country.
                      I would say that the first two points you raised are the fault of the IFF as it is their freaking job and purpose to ensure that happens.

I would even go as far to say that even number 3 is their fault (eventhough what you are proposing is unrealistic for any non-A or B rated national team). If they had invested in our football in a professional way and got us on the same level as Uruguay, Belgium and the Netherlands (smaller countries than us) then we wouldn't be facing these issues.

Comment

Can't blame IFF for anything that happens. They're basically doing business with one leg at this point.

Hopefully one day Iran will have that opportunity without sanctions and no government interference.

Comment

We should blame the IR of Iran’s government and its buddies such as central bank and then IFF.
                          If Rohani and others really wanted to they could have helped IFF and our TM they just don’t
                          Care.

Comment

We should blame the IR of Iran’s government and its buddies such as central bank and then IFF.
                            If Rohani and others really wanted to they could have helped IFF and our TM they just don’t
                            Care.
                            We all wish it was that simple.

Its not just from IR side. For example CQ's bank accounts have been frozen! And he can't take a suitcase full of money into Portugal, its why they have to go through FIFA, FAs, and sleazy intermediaries.

Comment

I have some cool pictures from the 2000 game. I will try to put some up when I get home.
                              "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

*Colombia

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X