X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
    This is just not true at all

Firstly, Bagheri, Ando and Dejagah were at Premier League teams, not Championship teams like Kaebi, Ansarifard and Gucci.

Dejagah was player of the season for Fulham. Unfortunately they got relegated and he would have had European options that summer but chose Qatari money. Blame him for that, not English football.

Ando was by all accounts a promising player at Bolton and 2007 was a good year for him at the club. Sadly, Allardyce left and Gary Megson (who is a terrible manager) didn't fancy him. He then went to Fulham for 2 years but couldn't break into the team.

Bagheri at Charlton was an unfortunate story. He was in his prime. I think it was the right club for him in England at the time but the stars didn't align off the pitch. Charlton manager at the time, Alan Curbishley said "The problem was he never stayed fit while he was with us. After playing against Ipswich he went off to play for Iran and came back with a groin strain. Then it was a hamstring. His father died and he had to return to Iran the next day and we didn't see him for three weeks. Then he injured his hamstring again. It was one thing after another. It was a pity because the boy can play."

Ansarifard and Gucci are the same issue. They came to their respective teams through partnered clubs that chairmen owned. Charlton and Liege. Forest and Olympiacos. It generally means the manager's hand was forced in signing them. Those clubs were being poorly run and changing manager regularly. Both players should have perhaps been firmer in making better career choices.

Kaebi wasn't Martin Allen's signing. It was Mandaric who brought him in. What's more, he didn't immerse himself in the culture and language of the land. That's a big no for a foreign player in most countries. I mean, look at Gareth Bale at Real Madrid currently. The guy single-handedly wins them a Champions League the year before last and scores one of the clubs greatest solo goals against their arch rivals to win a cup final but because he can't speak Spanish... he's unwanted by the club and despised by the fans.

Perhaps Ezatolahi's experience in England most matches Bagheri's. He didn't fail and it wasn't a bad move. He impressed people but didn't have the chance to do it on a regular basis due to injury. He's still young enough to come back to Europe and play in a decent league if he has the right mentality to succeed.
    Dejagah was at nottingham forest championship, ando played with barnsley

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
      Dejagah was at nottingham forest championship, ando played with barnsley
      Dejagah - and he played, what, 10 mins as a sub before injuring himself (off the field) for the rest of the season. It could have happened at any club in the world. What happened to him after can't be blamed on English football, the clubs or the fans. See above when he first left Fulham. He had options and he is responsible for his choices.

Teymourian - he was at Barnsley on loan for a couple of months, to get match fitness, but he was still contracted to Fulham. He played for Barnsley in almost every game he was available for selection, he went back to Fulham (in the Premier League) in the summer of 09 and again couldn't get in the team again the following season. At Bolton, I blame Megson for freezing him out of the team but at Fulham he was signed by Hodgson, who was manager for the entire time. Obviously he didn't cut it or other players were just standing out above him. A great servant for our national team but it's not like he was playing at an equal or higher level when he left.

Something that people on here need to understand is that English football, English clubs, English managers and English fans - whilst not without their faults - are not always responsible for the failure or our players in succeeding in these leagues.

Sometimes we need to look at our players and whether they did enough to make the cut. Sometimes we have to accept injuries have played their part, as I mentioned in my reply above. Sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Comment

are we not making a 2019-2020 page for ezza?

Comment

Originally posted by roozan View Post
          are we not making a 2019-2020 page for ezza?
          the thing is that he might transfer to a different club so i say we should wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
            Dejagah - and he played, what, 10 mins as a sub before injuring himself (off the field) for the rest of the season. It could have happened at any club in the world. What happened to him after can't be blamed on English football, the clubs or the fans. See above when he first left Fulham. He had options and he is responsible for his choices.

Teymourian - he was at Barnsley on loan for a couple of months, to get match fitness, but he was still contracted to Fulham. He played for Barnsley in almost every game he was available for selection, he went back to Fulham (in the Premier League) in the summer of 09 and again couldn't get in the team again the following season. At Bolton, I blame Megson for freezing him out of the team but at Fulham he was signed by Hodgson, who was manager for the entire time. Obviously he didn't cut it or other players were just standing out above him. A great servant for our national team but it's not like he was playing at an equal or higher level when he left.

Something that people on here need to understand is that English football, English clubs, English managers and English fans - whilst not without their faults - are not always responsible for the failure or our players in succeeding in these leagues.

Sometimes we need to look at our players and whether they did enough to make the cut. Sometimes we have to accept injuries have played their part, as I mentioned in my reply above. Sometimes it just doesn't work out.
            I didn't say it's their fault, but I just noticed than all the iranian playing in the championship went to the middle east after.

Comment

Thank you I missed Gucci in my list. He went straight to Arab leagues from Charlton
              He was only loaned to Arab leagues. After his loan was over, he went back for another season in Championship and then transferred to Eredivisie for 2 seasons

Comment

I didn't say it's their fault, but I just noticed than all the iranian playing in the championship went to the middle east after.
                It's not unsurprising and hardly a pattern though, is it?

Whether their career has stalled or they're over 30, our players either go there, where money is good if not better than their European offers and the culture is more familiar, or the go back home.

Dari, Karimi, Shojaei went from Europe to Arab leagues. The others Kia, Nekounam, Hashemian, etc went home.

Obviously our young players should be challenging themselves in European leagues until they are past their prime but I don't have a problem with anyone knocking on 30 or over playing in the Qatari or UAE league over going to/staying in Europe. For the players that go there younger, I can still understand their decision.

We as fans want the best development for our players but this is these guys careers. It's still a job. I'm not a professional sportsman - I don't suspect you are either - but I'm pretty sure we could both agree that if we were halfway through a career which only lasted 15-20 years (perhaps with a young family to think about when the money dries up) and we had an offer from two companies; one more respected but far from home, the other offering a substantially higher salary and closer to home... we'd both make the latter choice.

Comment

Please continue here: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...stov-2019-2020

Comment

Working...
                  X