Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't some of you lately been having a heart attack over our RPL players not transferring? Typical PFDC anxiety ridden members need to relax. Guys like Sardar, Ezatollahi, Jahanbakhsh, and others, have an incredible amount of talent. I know there is bad luck and all sorts of other factors, but sports run on a meritocracy for the most part. Saeid will keep rising!

Comment

Officially confirmed by Reading on Instagram and Twitter.

Comment

Not a bad move.

Clement is his coach which is good and Reading is a club with good history. He will definitely help them defensively in the midfield which seems to be their biggest weakness at the moment.

It's officially a 1 year loan, so this could be a good springboard to the Premier League for him

People forget this kid is 21 and already has a ton of experience. He will only get better.

Comment

Saeid Ezatolahi @ Reading FC 2018-2019

Confirmed by the club’s Instagram page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Reading is close to Brighton. Maybe him and JBX can help each other cope with a new country

Where in US can we legally stream Reading games?

Comment

Saeid az nazare ghodrat badani kam nemiyare dar Championship. Motmaenam ke dar toole fasl shansesh khahad amad chera fasle besyaar toolani ast dar

Championship.
              DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/201...son-long-loan/

Comment

good move for him, I hope he finds his way to a solid premier league team or back to LA Liga in the near future
                  چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
                    Officially confirmed by Reading on Instagram and Twitter.
                    Yep, and now our cringy Iranian social media morons can go full retard on there as well. I give it 2 days before they are fighting with Reading fans.
                    Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Always happy when players are in Europe but damn cant we ever get a bomb Transfer ? I mean something like Ezatollahi to Arsenal or whatever

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
                        milad too?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk
                        That’s not a hostage situation at all....
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Royals sign Saeid Ezatolahi on season-long loan

Iranian World Cup star set to fly in to swap Russia for Reading

Reading Football Club are delighted to announce that 21-year-old Iran international Saeid Ezatolahi is set to make a season-long loan switch to join the Royals’ ranks from FC Rostov – becoming our eighth senior signing of the summer.

The talented midfielder, who started in Iran’s Group B matches against Spain and Portugal earlier this summer, has opted to swap the Russian Premier League for the challenge of the Championship.

Manager Paul Clement said, “I’m very happy we have been able to sign Saeid on loan within 24 hours of this transfer window closing. Saeid is a strong, powerful central midfield player with good technical ability. He has experience playing at the highest level with both the Iranian national team and domestically with his current side FC Rostov and in time spent in Spain with Atlético Madrid. Now, I’m really looking forward to getting to work with him on the training pitch.”

Ezatolahi’s career began in his native Iran as a member of Shahrdari Bandar Anzali FC’s youth set-up, before moving to Malavan. There, he impressed at such a young age that he made his first team debut in October 2012, aged only 16 years and 25 days, in a Persian Gulf Pro League game against Rah Ahan - becoming the Iranian top tier’s youngest ever player in the process!

He was awarded the Young Player of the Year accolade in Iran that same season and a year after making his professional debut, Ezatolahi represented his country in the FIFA Under-17 World Cup.

In August 2014, the highly-rated midfielder left his homeland to sign for Atlético Madrid and he made a UEFA Youth League debut in March 2015 when Atlético took on Chelsea in the quarter-finals.

That summer, he left Spain to fly into Russia – signing a four-year contract with FC Rostov. He made his debut in a 3–1 victory against Dynamo Moscow.

He became Rostov’s first scorer of a European goal when he netted in a 2016-17 UEFA Champions League Third Qualifying Round clash against Anderlecht and loan spells at Anzhi Makhachkala and then Amkar Perm have now led to a season-long switch to Reading.

On the international scene, Ezatolahi was called into the Iran national team by manager Carlos Queiroz and promptly became the youngest goalscorer in the history of the Iran national team at the age of 19 years and 42 days after scoring in a 3–1 victory against Turkmenistan in November 2015.

The 6’3” midfielder added to his tally of 27 caps by representing his country in familiar surroundings – taking part in the World Cup in Russia this summer.

Now he prepares for a brand new challenge in RG2.

Chief Executive Ron Gourlay said, “Saeid is a very promising young midfielder who, despite only being 21 years of age, already has experience of top flight, European and international football. An opportunity to bring him to Reading on loan for the season was too good to miss, so we look forward to seeing him pull on the blue and white hoops.”

Technical Director Brian Tevreden added, “I am delighted we have been able to further bolster our midfield options before the closure of the loan window tomorrow and, in Saeid Ezatolahi, we believe we are adding a talented midfielder with real potential to our first team group.”

The loan remains subject to the usual ratification by the relevant football authorities and the granting of a work permit and UK visa, however Ezatolahi could join his Royals teammates after the upcoming international break – in which Saeid is expected to represent Iran in a friendly in Uzbekistan.

Comment

Wow HITC got one right, never thought I would see the day.

Reading have struggled so far this season so hopefully he should get some games when he is back up to match fitness. They are a former Premiership team with a good stadium and a decent amount of financial backing so a decent team to make a move too. It is a very hard league to get out of, as ‘big’ team such as Notts Forest , Leeds and the two Sheffield clubs have found out.
                            There is a lot of tough tackling , you need a lot of stamina so it should suit his game.

Comment

Well slap me silly and call me Mahsa, did not expect to wake up to this. Toughest league going for outsiders to acclimatise to but on the positive side, he wasn't pulling up trees in Russia like Milmo and Azmoun and he's joined a crap side so his path to first team should be easier. I see then currently fielding some crap Ghanainan as what I presune to be their holding midfielder, looks promising. Adding Reading to my weekend trips schedule now.

Edit: Nah Ghanaian bloke plays fullback. Looks like their centre mid pairing will be Meyler and Bacuna who are both good players.

Although:
                              https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.j...wn-goal-197147 😁

Comment

This is a great move even though they had a tough start in the league.

Championship is arguably the strongest second tier league in Europe - very physical with many good players.

A very good opportunity for him to move up to the PL within a year or two!

Comment

Working...
                                X