This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
    Today's sub appearance was the longest one for Dennis.

Really excited about him - I just don't think he will have the option to appear for either Germany or Spain, not that he is not good enough, it's just they have a logjam of talent, everywhere, and they usually rely on players they have nurtured over the years in their youth teams (Dennis has one U19 appearance for Germany).

My analysis:
    My analysis from watching him briefly: as Sardar, Kaveh and Karim are our current crop of strikers, we don't have a striker like Dennis ... He is a physical, powerful striker that has a good center of gravity and can shoot on target without needing much space. He clears up space for other places and serves as a target man, which means he can pass off to incoming players - who can then shoot on net. He also has pretty good speed, can turn and hit the target well (that was his shot on target today from a tight angle) and always draws in the most physical defender of a team on crosses.

-------

With not much to go on if he will play for Team Melli, but I was actually more into this game than the Brighton one consider (1) He is only 21. (2) Celta is a very good team in perhaps the best league in the world.
    Video of his shot on target:

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
      so he is one quarter Iranian, one quarter German, and half Spanish.
      I would be surprised If he choses to play for 25% of his ethnicity.
      Judging from his social media profiles, he's very proud of his Iranian heritage. I wouldn't underestimate those deep rooted feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by somebuffguy View Post
        Judging from his social media profiles, he's very proud of his Iranian heritage. I wouldn't underestimate those deep rooted feelings.
        He probably feels most German (grew up there), which is fine. Zandi felt more German than anything, now the man is so Irooni, he can do the baba karam dance. But the reality is - he won't make the German or Spanish teams, meaning he only has Iran as his option. These two European powerhouses groom players from early teens to all the way to their professional careers. Eckert had one cap for Germany U19. He's not in their system. He's definitely not in Spain's system either.

He only has one choice. It comes down to that. It's just what's available and Iran is the only option. He will love it though, he will be a big fish on our team if he keeps developing. He's only 21. Our best player, ARJ - at 21 was in Eredivisie, Sardar was in Russia, Kaveh was in Iran. Eckert is in La Liga. That's huge.
        Last edited by Tehranto; 09-17-2018, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by somebuffguy View Post
          My son is a ‘quarter’ Iranian (rest mainly English) and when someone asked him his nationality he says he is Iranian. Makes me proud, I have always brought him up to be proud of his background and of Iran.

Comment

Seems their manager, Antonio Mohamed will be giving him quite a lot of chances ... he has faith in him. Imagine if Saman Ghoddos was his teammate now - which he should have been!

---------

The great opportunity of Dennis Eckert

When the preseason began, Antonio Mohamed paralyzed the signings because, according to his own words, he wanted to know what he had in the branch before launching to the mark in search of players with which to reinforce the team. He took several players from Celta B to the stage of A Toxa, and little by little he was doing riddles until at the Quinocho Memorial only Dennis Eckert appeared as the representative of the Rubén Albés team players.

His confidence in the German has been full from the beginning, and although it was rumored with the search for a forward Celta, there were no reinforcements, quite the contrary, as the club broke off from Claudio Beauvue, who as you know will play this year on loan at Caen, where at the moment he has two goals in two matches.

Eckert has been given the opportunity by the hand of Mohamed, and will have minutes this season. At the moment it has been something almost residual, in the last minutes of the matches against Levante and Espanyol, but for him it is a gift from heaven. He is living a dream that seemed impossible when he was signed by Celta a year ago for his subsidiary. The Argentine technician of the Celta recognized yesterday that Dennis Eckert will be the substitute striker this year and that, therefore, he will frequently enter the calls, starting with the one that will be announced today in the face of the visit to Girona.

Now it is the player himself who has to respond with performance to that confidence. The chances will be few, but you should take advantage of them. He has the Copa del Rey, where he can be a starter in the first qualifying rounds, and in his hand he is worthy of more and better opportunities.

http://www.moiceleste.com/2018/09/la...is-eckert.html

Comment

It will be tough to convince IFF to invite him. Sounds stupid but he will be the first one with no Persian last name.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                It will be tough to convince IFF to invite him. Sounds stupid but he will be the first one with no Persian last name.
                He will be invited if CQ really wants him, if we had an iranian coach, you would be 100% right. Im sure CQ and staff have been following him the past few weeks and they definately will contact him soon. Maybe not for an immediate invitation, but just to talk to him and let him know youre an iranian, we will keep track on you.

Comment

They will probably pop in a middle name like Dennis Ahmad Eckertzadeh before his invite.

Comment

Originally posted by jahandoost View Post
                    They will probably pop in a middle name like Dennis Ahmad Eckertzadeh before his invite.
                    Hahaahahha this made my day!

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                      Today's sub appearance was the longest one for Dennis.

Really excited about him - I just don't think he will have the option to appear for either Germany or Spain, not that he is not good enough, it's just they have a logjam of talent, everywhere, and they usually rely on players they have nurtured over the years in their youth teams (Dennis has one U19 appearance for Germany).

My analysis:
                      My analysis from watching him briefly: as Sardar, Kaveh and Karim are our current crop of strikers, we don't have a striker like Dennis ... He is a physical, powerful striker that has a good center of gravity and can shoot on target without needing much space. He clears up space for other places and serves as a target man, which means he can pass off to incoming players - who can then shoot on net. He also has pretty good speed, can turn and hit the target well (that was his shot on target today from a tight angle) and always draws in the most physical defender of a team on crosses.

-------

With not much to go on if he will play for Team Melli, but I was actually more into this game than the Brighton one consider (1) He is only 21. (2) Celta is a very good team in perhaps the best league in the world.
                      You know CQ loves strong players

Comment

Just to add on what Tehranto said, his chance to make Spain or Germany senior squad one day is something like 10%, and even if it happens he probably would be one of those players who will have like 1, 2 or 3 appereances and thats it.. He knows that if he ever wants to play in any major tournamet, Iran will be his only realistic option. Personally i think there is a pretty high possibilty to see him feature for Teammelli on the road to Qatar WC in 1 - 2 years from now.

Comment

Well, Germany has and always had a striker problem, thats why when he has a good season he has a pretty high chance to establish himself in the german national team as a regular starter
                          sigpic

Comment

Germany has a very big talent in Werner, then you have guys like Volland, Uth, Petersen who are still way ahead of him. I agree that the CF position is their weak spot, but still very hard competition for him. With some good appereances and good luck he could get invited for the U21 where his competition would be guys like Waldschmidt (Freiburg) or Teuchert (Schalke).

Comment

Iranians has filled his IG, wishing he would play for Iran and stuff https://www.instagram.com/dennis_yerai/

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                                Iranians has filled his IG, wishing he would play for Iran and stuff https://www.instagram.com/dennis_yerai/
                                He has also gained like 7-8K followers in 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X