This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m not against giving Dennis a test.

But he will most likely wait until get gets more playing time. And then once he’s in a rhythm he will wait for “La Furia Roja” to call.

Playing in a friendly match for Team Melli won’t stop him from choosing Spain or Germany but it will surely impact how he’s viewed by the Spanish and German fans.

Anyways, this is too early to even think about The best of luck to this young lad!

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
      Amazing work for the community. Thanks guys.
      Thanks man, you as well

Comment

Dennis scored the winning goal for Celta Vigo B yesterday. He didn’t play vs Atlethico Madrid, so was able to for Celta Vigo B

Video: https://twitter.com/rccelta/status/1...617389569?s=21

Comment

The guy is still only 21, he probably still has high hopes to make a name for himself the coming years and eventually end up in Germany's NT. Very unlikely we will see him playing for Iran any time soon (if ever).

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
            The guy is still only 21, he probably still has high hopes to make a name for himself the coming years and eventually end up in Germany's NT. Very unlikely we will see him playing for Iran any time soon (if ever).
            The German team is stacked. Even if he becomes top 10 scorer in La Liga, he will not have a whiff of a chance to make it the German National Team. He couldn't even get into their Under-teams. A guy who only played once for their U19 team ... Iran is his only option.

He is not on their radar nor Spains. These teams have way too many options and unless you do something extraordinary at the highest level (Champions League) - you will not be on their radar.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
              The German team is stacked. Even if he becomes top 10 scorer in La Liga, he will not have a whiff of a chance to make it the German National Team. He couldn't even get into their Under-teams. A guy who only played once for their U19 team ... Iran is his only option.

He is not on their radar nor Spains. These teams have way too many options and unless you do something extraordinary at the highest level (Champions League) - you will not be on their radar.
              Well if his teammate got to debut in La Liga at the age of 25 and debut in Spain's NT (without ever playing for any youth teams) at the age of 29 and even play in the World Cup, why should he be thinking that he has absolutely 0 chance to achieve the same?

I really hope he chooses for Iran, but I'm just saying, delemoono ziyadi khosh nakonim. Unfortunately for the time being, I don't see him choose for Iran.

Comment

Hello friends. Is he gonna join Iran?

Comment

Originally posted by nmssis View Post
                  "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by nmssis View Post
                    Most likely not in the immediate future....my best guess is if he does join, it won’t be for another year to 2 years. Perhaps even longer....all depends on how fast he is willing to commit to Iran which tbf nobody knows for sure.
                    Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 09-04-2018, 03:56 PM.
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Him and his family

His dad definitely has the Persian scruff look going Also, he follows someone by the last name of "Eckert-Dargahi" - maybe Dargahi is the Persian name but they just used the Eckert. Who knows.

All the best to Dennis! Seems like a very likeable character.

Comment

Todays transfermarkt article on Dennis.
                        https://www.transfermarkt.de/sturmer...ew/news/319145

They also mention his iranian roots and IFF interest. He says no one has contacted him yet.

Comment

https://www.transfermarkt.de/sturmer...ew/news/319145
                          In an interview with transfermarkt he showed himself as a real professional. Deniying rumours of IFF reaching out to him but that he hasn't thought about a decision and he would be open to every federation (IRN, SPA, GER). His mentality seems to be all that Azmoun is missing! Hope we make our efforts to get him.
                          sigpic

Comment

He took off the flags (Germany, Spain and Iran) from his Instagram profile. Maybe he got tired of all the followers that are following him now and asking him questions about Iran. As someone mentioned, he's got to be informed of the Instagram bikhaars.

LOL

Comment

He has Iran flag back on Instagram.

He was subbed in today at 67' minute, watched some of the game and he is a powerful, physical forward that can quickly turnaround and get the ball on the target. This is his 3rd substitute appearance (today being his longest) in 4 La Liga games.

Celta Vigo lost 3-2 at Girona FC.
                              Last edited by Tehranto; 09-17-2018, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Today's sub appearance was the longest one for Dennis.

Really excited about him - I just don't think he will have the option to appear for either Germany or Spain, not that he is not good enough, it's just they have a logjam of talent, everywhere, and they usually rely on players they have nurtured over the years in their youth teams (Dennis has one U19 appearance for Germany).

My analysis:
                                My analysis from watching him briefly: as Sardar, Kaveh and Karim are our current crop of strikers, we don't have a striker like Dennis ... He is a physical, powerful striker that has a good center of gravity and can shoot on target without needing much space. He clears up space for other places and serves as a target man, which means he can pass off to incoming players - who can then shoot on net. He also has pretty good speed, can turn and hit the target well (that was his shot on target today from a tight angle) and always draws in the most physical defender of a team on crosses.

-------

With not much to go on if he will play for Team Melli, but I was actually more into this game than the Brighton one consider (1) He is only 21. (2) Celta is a very good team in perhaps the best league in the world.
                                Last edited by Tehranto; 09-17-2018, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X