Dennis Eckert @ Celta Vigo 2018/19 - Page 17

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Dennis Eckert @ Celta Vigo 2018/19

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,049 Times in 2,118 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Arzani is our Zidane

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,023 Times in 1,159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ideannakhjavani View Post
    I don't want him to become Daniel Arzani #2
    Nah, I doubt he'd be called up to either of Germany or Spain

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ideannakhjavani View Post
    I don't want him to become Daniel Arzani #2
    I don't think they're comparable situations.

Arzani was born in Iran, both parents are Iranian, had the very real dilemma of choosing national teams and he chose to play for an adopted nation.

Eckert is barely Iranian but qualifies through lineage, doesn't speak the language (?) and has yet to be offered a call up by anyone. He'll hold out for Germany, unlikely he'll get anywhere near Spain... If he chooses us it won't be until the next world cup at the earliest.

Arzani should have been ours, Eckert is a punt like Davari was.

Arzani has the potential to be a fixed player in a strong league if he develops properly. Right now, he can't get into the first team of his loan club, Celtic. The Zidane comparison is quite over the top.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Malkay For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkay View Post
    I don't think they're comparable situations.
    Arzani was born in Iran, both parents are Iranian, had the very real dilemma of choosing national teams and he chose to play for an adopted nation.
    Eckert is barely Iranian but qualifies through lineage, doesn't speak the language (?) and has yet to be offered a call up by anyone. He'll hold out for Germany, unlikely he'll get anywhere near Spain... If he chooses us it won't be until the next world cup at the earliest.
    Arzani should have been ours, Eckert is a punt like Davari was.
    Arzani has the potential to be a fixed player in a strong league if he develops properly. Right now, he can't get into the first team of his loan club, Celtic. The Zidane comparison is quite over the top.
    Agree with you on this. Arzani supposedly has a bit of an attitude problem and has not been giving it 100% in their u23 teams.

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,335 Times in 5,271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehranto View Post
    He also goes by dennis Yerai (middle name). So he will be known as Yeraeiiii in Iran. Not a problem since it sounds Persian.
    mese ma mashadia , we can just call him YAREH ..!!
    i havent kept up with this thread and yet to see him play to see if he is even worth all the hype were making here, especially in a position we have so much depth already ..!! but i suppose if he can keep featuring in La Liga and perform admirably, (& gets no look from Germany or Spain) CQ could possibly pursue him after the AC and in the run up for WC 22..!!?

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,335 Times in 5,271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Medzdidz View Post
    Agree with you on this. Arzani supposedly has a bit of an attitude problem and has not been giving it 100% in their u23 teams.
    i havent followed him since he opted for Aussies, but he always came across as a cocky lil cunt..!! has the talent to make it big, not the physique and now the workmanlike and professional attitude it seems..!!

PFDC Valedictorian

Thanks
    He came on in the 85th minute for Aspas, Celta were already up 4-0.

PFDC Valedictorian

Thanks
    He started the Copa Del Rey match against Sociedad but was subbed off at half time. They ended up drawing 1-1. Pretty poor management in my opinion if he wasn’t injured, young players need confidence and that would set him back.

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,397 Times in 969 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BacheLot View Post
    i havent followed him since he opted for Aussies, but he always came across as a cocky lil cunt..!! has the talent to make it big, not the physique and now the workmanlike and professional attitude it seems..!!
    sounds like our version of Payam Sadeghian.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ali Doust For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,619 Times in 1,026 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Doust View Post
    sounds like our version of Payam Sadeghian.
    No, he's a good kid.

Tore his ACL today, though.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RaginG Inferno For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 349

You do not have permission to view the list of names.