Dennis Eckert @ Celta Vigo 2018/19 - Page 17

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 209

Thread: Dennis Eckert @ Celta Vigo 2018/19

  1. #161
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Leicester City's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    6,112
    Thanks
    4,650
    Thanked 5,871 Times in 2,460 Posts
    Rep Power
    751702


    Meet your Persian Love Today
    Arzani is our Zidane

  2. #162
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Kian B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,308
    Thanks
    10,073
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 1,177 Posts
    Rep Power
    3043687
    Quote Originally Posted by ideannakhjavani View Post
    I don't want him to become Daniel Arzani #2
    Nah, I doubt he'd be called up to either of Germany or Spain

  3. #163
    High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    689
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 402 Times in 146 Posts
    Rep Power
    998217
    Quote Originally Posted by ideannakhjavani View Post
    I don't want him to become Daniel Arzani #2
    I don't think they're comparable situations.

    Arzani was born in Iran, both parents are Iranian, had the very real dilemma of choosing national teams and he chose to play for an adopted nation.

    Eckert is barely Iranian but qualifies through lineage, doesn't speak the language (?) and has yet to be offered a call up by anyone. He'll hold out for Germany, unlikely he'll get anywhere near Spain... If he chooses us it won't be until the next world cup at the earliest.

    Arzani should have been ours, Eckert is a punt like Davari was.

    Arzani has the potential to be a fixed player in a strong league if he develops properly. Right now, he can't get into the first team of his loan club, Celtic. The Zidane comparison is quite over the top.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Malkay For This Useful Post:


  5. #164
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,478
    Thanks
    623
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 609 Posts
    Rep Power
    3371610
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkay View Post
    I don't think they're comparable situations.
    Arzani was born in Iran, both parents are Iranian, had the very real dilemma of choosing national teams and he chose to play for an adopted nation.
    Eckert is barely Iranian but qualifies through lineage, doesn't speak the language (?) and has yet to be offered a call up by anyone. He'll hold out for Germany, unlikely he'll get anywhere near Spain... If he chooses us it won't be until the next world cup at the earliest.
    Arzani should have been ours, Eckert is a punt like Davari was.
    Arzani has the potential to be a fixed player in a strong league if he develops properly. Right now, he can't get into the first team of his loan club, Celtic. The Zidane comparison is quite over the top.
    Agree with you on this. Arzani supposedly has a bit of an attitude problem and has not been giving it 100% in their u23 teams.

  6. #165
    V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    BacheLot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    30,180
    Thanks
    43,766
    Thanked 11,029 Times in 5,629 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949733
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehranto View Post
    He also goes by dennis Yerai (middle name). So he will be known as Yeraeiiii in Iran. Not a problem since it sounds Persian.
    mese ma mashadia , we can just call him YAREH ..!!
    i havent kept up with this thread and yet to see him play to see if he is even worth all the hype were making here, especially in a position we have so much depth already ..!! but i suppose if he can keep featuring in La Liga and perform admirably, (& gets no look from Germany or Spain) CQ could possibly pursue him after the AC and in the run up for WC 22..!!?

  7. #166
    V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    BacheLot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    30,180
    Thanks
    43,766
    Thanked 11,029 Times in 5,629 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949733
    Quote Originally Posted by Medzdidz View Post
    Agree with you on this. Arzani supposedly has a bit of an attitude problem and has not been giving it 100% in their u23 teams.
    i havent followed him since he opted for Aussies, but he always came across as a cocky lil cunt..!! has the talent to make it big, not the physique and now the workmanlike and professional attitude it seems..!!

  8. #167
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,478
    Thanks
    623
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 609 Posts
    Rep Power
    3371610
    He came on in the 85th minute for Aspas, Celta were already up 4-0.

  9. #168
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,478
    Thanks
    623
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 609 Posts
    Rep Power
    3371610
    He started the Copa Del Rey match against Sociedad but was subbed off at half time. They ended up drawing 1-1. Pretty poor management in my opinion if he wasn’t injured, young players need confidence and that would set him back.

  10. #169
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Ali Doust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,405
    Thanks
    1,745
    Thanked 2,606 Times in 1,044 Posts
    Rep Power
    3265957
    Quote Originally Posted by BacheLot View Post
    i havent followed him since he opted for Aussies, but he always came across as a cocky lil cunt..!! has the talent to make it big, not the physique and now the workmanlike and professional attitude it seems..!!
    sounds like our version of Payam Sadeghian.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ali Doust For This Useful Post:


  12. #170
    V.I.P.
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    RaginG Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Tooye darvazeh
    Posts
    5,942
    Thanks
    4,561
    Thanked 2,872 Times in 1,110 Posts
    Rep Power
    23220774
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Doust View Post
    sounds like our version of Payam Sadeghian.
    No, he's a good kid.

    Tore his ACL today, though.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RaginG Inferno For This Useful Post:


Closed Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 141

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
[Output: 90.59 Kb. compressed to 81.23 Kb. by saving 9.36 Kb. (10.33%)]