No announcement yet.

Reza Shekari @ Rubin Kazan | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shekari was excellent. Sardar was lively but had zero service.

Comment

Indeed, Shekari, played like an experienced playmaker...well done

Comment

although they lost, this game was interesting to see. Shekari looks a real talent. Especially when he checked in and received the ball to feet, anything good from rubin came from him. The shot and cross to azmoun who scored but was marginally offsides was great. He deserves a start next week. There just isnt enough attacking players on the pitch for rubin to really give service to sardar. I would like to see them play shekari under azmoun and poloz, with two deeper lying mids behind reza.

Overall, especially as this was against a good team in zenit with very solid defenders and mids like Mevlja, Parades, etc, Shekari proved he belonged. Will only get better with more minutes as he was slightly hesitant and nervous at the start.

I think he has a chance to make Asian Cup squad.

Comment

Good to see Shekari get some minutes.

Comment

Good to see Shekari get 45 minutes. He had some good and bad moments but ultimately he doesn't look out of place in these games and further lengthy game time like this over the season will be huge for his development. I don't think he's got what it takes to be a starter right now. He doesn't carry the ball as well or make enough right decisions as someone should in his position. This improvement will come with time, training and match practice. I think he is ready to stake a claim for a role in TM.

He did have good moments in the game though and often found himself in good positions. He came very close to setting up Azmoun with a lob that was inches offside and there was a nice moment where he left the Zenit defender on his ass and shot a foot or two off target.

Whilst Rubin had chances, Dzyuba was the difference. If this guy was 3 or 4 years younger he'd be on double his salary playing in a top league.

Just a note on this league, it is very uninspiring at times. It's as if the whole team are paid more in clean sheet bonuses than in basic salary. Incredible how the game came to life after the red card and offered far more in the way of entertainment than the 71 minutes that came before it.

Comment

God bless Berdyev's faith in Shekari, he's developing into some player.

Comment

Any highlight reel of Shekari from this game?

Comment

Saw the game today. Wow was is hard to watch. Their MF'ers are terrible. All they do is play the ball side to side and take some kiri shots from way deep. I couldn't tell you how many times Shekari checked back to the ball in a position where he could turn and they literally looked him off. As a midfielder you have to be able to put some pressure through the middle of the field. Half their crosses from the side of the field were cringe worthy. It's like they just closed their eyes and centers if it in.

Comment

Footballe zeshte bi-teknik. Leyton Orient ham behtar baazi mikone. Yeki nist be Berdiyev bege 2018 ast, piremarde tasbih-andaz fekr

karde hanoz ba sabke 1988 mishe baazi kard.
                    DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

ext. highlights

https://www.ngolos.com/videos/2018-0...enitpetersburg

Comment

Shekari did have one solid strike from outside the box 2 minutes into stoppage time, sailed a foot over the bar. He looked the most dangerous player when Kazan was pushing forward the last 15 minutes, especially with an extra man.

Comment

I'm curious what Shekari's possible role will be if he were included in the AC 2019 squad, because CQ doesn't play with CAM's at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                            I'm curious what Shekari's possible role will be if he were included in the AC 2019 squad, because CQ doesn't play with CAM's at all.
                            We will play very differently in the AC compared to how we played for the past year or so leading up to the WC. CQ was getting TM ready to play defensively against 3 teams that are better than any team we'd face in the AC. I suspect we will be much more offensive in the AC. I am sure he will find a way to use Shekari's skill in the middle.
                            "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                              Right or Left winger, getting few minutes as sub most likely.

Comment

I doubt hed play on the wing really. What has impressed me is the transformation we have seen in his decision making. During his time with Omid, before that, this kid just used to try and dribble everybody on the other team, trot back on defense, overcomplicate play in the middle, and generally failed to bring others into the game.

Now for rubin, under Berdyev's guidance, who it must be said is a good developmental coach for certain players (Azmoun, Poloz, Mogilivets, Sorokhin,Erokhin,Kudryasov Konavolov) Shekari has really improved his decision making. He mainly only plays with 1-3 touches, but has retained the dribbling and turning ability he had before that made him so exciting, as well as most importantly his eye for goal.

The way he was finding pockets in between the lines vs zenit was very unique for iranian players, and clearly something that was tactically identified by Berydyev as one of his strengths to maximize. This is where he recieved the ball, dribbled, and got off that great shot, and also picked out azmoun for the offsides goal. But besides those plays, he showed up in this pocket a few more times and just had simple lay offs that retained possession before making another run.

His height makes him a really interesting talent for an attacking mid, and he plays with his head up and can see the pitch well. His issue is still as i mentioned before a lack of physicality which I think will come after this year. Sometimes he was just outright being fouled but RPL refs wont call those, he needs to still bulk up a bit to be more reliable in the center of midfield.

But overall, many were labelling the rubin move as horrible for him, but even in 6 months he has improved tremendously. Hopefully berdyev trusts him more now.

Comment

Working...
                                X