X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He looks like player from special Olympics

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
      Both him and Gholizadeh are victim of their fragile frames, will be hard to survive in Europe with such a skinny body.
      Shekari is actually very strong physically. The games I've watched him, he can hold the ball up with 3-4 players on him quite easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        Shekari is actually very strong physically. The games I've watched him, he can hold the ball up with 3-4 players on him quite easily.
        true, i've surprisingly noticed the same from him.... but its been mostly at U levels with a bunch skrunny, barely passed their puberty teenagers than the sorta savage, narekhars that often would be breathing down his neck in RPL ..!

I have always primarily valued his move to Rubin and his spell under Birdie in RPL, for the primary purpose of Toughening him up and readying him up to be able to physically match and take on the big boys in big leagues ...!! he certainly possesses the footballing intellect and the technical skills to become a develop into a big time international player ..! he even looks to have the height for it.... but looks like he should also Bulk up and strengthen much more still ..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
          true, i've surprisingly noticed the same from him.... but its been mostly at U levels with a bunch skrunny, barely passed their puberty teenagers than the sorta savage, narekhars that often would be breathing down his neck in RPL ..!

I have always primarily valued his move to Rubin and his spell under Birdie in RPL, for the primary purpose of Toughening him up and readying him up to be able to physically match and take on the big boys in big leagues ...!! he certainly possesses the footballing intellect and the technical skills to become a develop into a big time international player ..! he even looks to have the height for it.... but looks like he should also Bulk up and strengthen much more still ..!
          Agreed. If one thing Berdy is good for its instilling discipling and toughening up players to take beatings.

ALso, if you recall TM-U20 in the U20 World Cup 2 years ago, Shekari did great and was our strongest player. He could handle the European, African and Central American kids around his age very well. The only reason that team failed was tactical naivete and poor stamina.

Comment

Lot of our players are skinny : Torabi, Alipour, Ghaedi among others.

How can't these players developp and their clubs help them to become bulkier? Aren't we the country of weightlifting where also some random tehranis go for bodybuilding?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

How can't these players developp and their clubs help them to become bulkier? Aren't we the country of weightlifting where also some random tehranis go for bodybuilding?
              same question ^

Comment

Actually Iranian football is extremely physique based, we probably have the most physical national team and professional league in Asia. Most of our players on TM look like bodybuilders, it is natural we have a few skinny players, but compare that with players on Japan or Uzbekistan or Saudi Arabia. The only country that is similar to us in Asia in terms of physique is Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
                  Actually Iranian football is extremely physique based, we probably have the most physical national team and professional league in Asia. Most of our players on TM look like bodybuilders, it is natural we have a few skinny players, but compare that with players on Japan or Uzbekistan or Saudi Arabia. The only country that is similar to us in Asia in terms of physique is Korea.
                  Really? That’s interesting, I wouldn’t have guessed Korea to be honest with you. I’d say Iraq or maybe Syria has some good physical yet nitty players.

Comment

That is true. TM bosses everyone physically in Asia. under CQ TM didn't fare any worst at international games either.

Comment

The only country that is similar to us in Asia in terms of physique is Korea.
                      And Australia. True they're in Oceania, but they take part in Asian football.

Comment

https://www.reddit.com/r/RussianFoot...ly_left_rubin/

Berdyev has officially left Rubin

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                          We've seen this movie before. He'll be back in a year.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

Adding muscle will make a footballer slower, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Aimar, Modric, Ozil etc etc are all skinny. Footballers are generally speaking skinny or lean. You wanna watch big muscled guys going at it you should watch wrestling or UFC heavyweights or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
                              Adding muscle will make a footballer slower, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Aimar, Modric, Ozil etc etc are all skinny. Footballers are generally speaking skinny or lean. You wanna watch big muscled guys going at it you should watch wrestling or UFC heavyweights or something like that.
                              I’m gonna have to disagree my friend. Adding muscle does not make you slower at all lol, or else Ronaldo wouldn’t be Ronaldo.

In fact, the opposite is true; adding muscle (especially to the lower body), makes you faster.

That being said, bulking and adding muscle are two completely different concepts. Also from the players you mentioned, many of them are really muscular, especially in the lower body. They just don’t seem muscular because of their minuscule body fat percentages.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                                I’m gonna have to disagree my friend. Adding muscle does not make you slower at all lol, or else Ronaldo wouldn’t be Ronaldo.

In fact, the opposite is true; adding muscle (especially to the lower body), makes you faster.

That being said, bulking and adding muscle are two completely different concepts. Also from the players you mentioned, many of them are really muscular, especially in the lower body. They just don’t seem muscular because of their minuscule body fat percentages.
                                I think you guys are all missing the point. To some extent, players esp depending on position, should have some basic level of muscle and muscle mass, that is true. Especially for defenders, defensive midfielders, and center forwards.

However, the problem with iranians is definitely not this. We have a lot of gardan koloft people in our country and we saw that we excel at sports like wrestling, weightlifting, etc. Our footballers as well : Saeid, Majid, PAG, Taremi, Karim, etc, etc are all physically strong people. Alipour actually is quite built himself.

The better characteristic for footballer is somebody whos physically and mentally capable of taking hits. Kotak khordan is part of football. Why is it that a lot of technical players get hit, like messi, hazard, all of spains small center mids, bernardo silva, etc, etc, etc but dont have injury issues? With the exception of hazards lower body, none are physical specimens by any means, yet they have developed the ability to withstand considerable hits on their body and continue to play and succceed year after year.

Our most physical players, like Saeid, Majid, etc in their first seasons in higher intensity European leagues, with faster pace, struggled with injury. They have a ton of muscle mass, but the face pace, constant physicality of the leagues caught up with them at various points.

Gholizadeh has the same exact body type as a guy like mahrez, but one is succeeeding in PL and the other had his ankle essentially sliced in half by a belgian tackle that was rightfully not even deemed to be a foul.

If there is one thing our players need to develop, it is the mental and physical capacity to withstand this sort of intense physical play for extended periods of time, not just a few games in the WC. It takes a lot of mental stamina to do it for season after season in a top european league. I am not sure how many of our guys have this stamina.

Comment

Working...
                                X