Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 99

+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 548 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,096 Times in 1,166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
    Tell me about it. So frustrating.
    As I said.. Hughton is not an idiot. Bong, Stephens, March, Murray (did I miss anyone?) are not awful players. We will have good games and bad games. It's a long season and Bissouma, Jahanbankhsh and co will all get their opportunities to play as the season goes on.
    At times reading the posts I just put my head in my hands, thankfully there's a few of you on here who are level headed!
    You assume you're interacting with adults. Trust me, 30% of the posts here are authored by teenagers.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RaginG Inferno For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,446 Times in 3,328 Posts
    I'm a Manchester United fan so its bittersweet...

but goddamn I love Glenn Murray. Throwback to when I was a poor fook on Ultimate team in Fifa 14 days and Glenn Murray carried me through seasons

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to perspolis#1 For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,715 Times in 7,911 Posts
    first time watching a BHA game
    that was an impressive performance by Albion...! especially in the 2nd half
    there was a few minutes in the first half that United CDs fell sleep and gave up couple of somewhat flukish goals that ultimately decided the faith of the game..! MU from then on had to chase the game which played right into high pressing CH's tactics..!
    another proof of how hard it is to get results away from home in this league, even for supposed elite teams..!
    the same formidable looking BHA could well get their asses handed to them next week away at LP..!

I thought both wingers did well attacking and coming back to help the D contain MU wingers..!! and i didnt see any sensible reason why Hutton would wanna bring in ARJ off the bench in this game..!!? i suppose, a small chance he coulda been afforded some trash minutes at the end of the match...? but i think that early injury sub, nipped that lil chance in the butt as well..!

looks as ARJ has his work cut out for him trying to unseat Knockaert on the RW as a starter..!!? i think his chances looks better on the LW or AM of sort..?
    Knockaert isnt as direct as ARJ and has the tendencies to get a bit too cute in possession and try to useless dribble in circles..!! good chance he will get dispossessed and cause some costly turnovers and provide the window of opportunity for ARJ to sub in and establish himself on RW..!!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BacheLot For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,715 Times in 7,911 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    I'm a Manchester United fan so its bittersweet...

but goddamn I love Glenn Murray. Throwback to when I was a poor fook on Ultimate team in Fifa 14 days and Glenn Murray carried me through seasons
    Old man(? he looks awful old...!!?) put in a very solid shift today and had himself a well deserved goal with a brilliant flick-on and a totally bs Yellow card, which BHA would be wise to challenge the league for its removal ..!

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    surprised you didnt take the piss. Thanks mate.

But yes, I noticed that about brighton too. They were up in United players grill throughout, giving them very little space. Rashford, Martial, Mata, Lukaku, and then Pogba towards the end were totally prevented from playing their game. Brighton was fortunate that the united defensive players bailly, lindelof were horrible today, and gave them those goals with their mistakes.
    Murray copied Aguero for the first goal, running behind the defender where the defender cannot see him and then darting in front of Lindelof.

Knockaert showed his limitations on speed and shooting when he screwed wide when clear at 0-0.

Pressing from Brighton was a bit more sustained this season, usually selective and intermittent.

What Brighton are good at is not losing the ball through bad control and being dispossessed (both second to none by stats). This is what failed at Watford (Knockaert and Pröpper) but was rectified against Man United to normal.

New players are expected to adapt their normal game to this style which may not be straightforward,

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,029 Times in 7,668 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapayee View Post
    Actually, I kinda like how the coach is seemingly "protecting" ARJ by giving him time to become fit for a start, and taking pressure off of him.
    That's a good point. If the team is doing well without ARJ starting, then his contributions will only be icing on the cake to start with. On the other hand, if the team is failing miserably, the most expensive player in club history would have a lot of expectations on this shoulders early on...which can backfire.

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,372 Times in 2,089 Posts
    I think it's possible JB will start his first match next week in the Carabao Cup vs Southampton. That would be a good match to get his feet wet and give him some meaningful minutes.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KasraKhan For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 1,382 Posts
    It’s crazy that this thread was started less than a month ago and it’s already hit 100 pages. I wonder if this is the fastest ever to hit 100 pages.

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,644 Times in 2,813 Posts
    Just giving everybody an early heads up so you don't lose your shit next weekend, but it's very unlikely we'll see Alireza in action against Liverpool considering that the Carabao cup is 3 days after the liverpool match and Alireza(and other newbies) is likley to start the Cup game.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The For This Useful Post:

PFDC Sponsor
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,869 Times in 1,985 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naderb94 View Post
    It’s crazy that this thread was started less than a month ago and it’s already hit 100 pages. I wonder if this is the fastest ever to hit 100 pages.
    Not only that but also take into account that he didn't play one game lol
    IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ali.Karimi79 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.