Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 98

+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 548 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,594 Times in 5,051 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oreosx11 View Post
    Yea, you know... if only Gerrard and Totti had been less loyal to their clubs, they would have had better careers.

We need to stop making sh*t up to support our beliefs and stick to reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Futbaldoost View Post
    DEPRESSED! Give me a break! The guy was smiling and doing slap shakes with people when walking to the tunnel. The man is a consummate professional. He just watched his team beat the team that has won more trophies than any other club in English football and you think he is depressed. Give ARJ more credit, he is too mature to be 'unhappy' or 'depressed' because he justifiably didn't get any minutes.
    Can you all not assume and read what I wrote as it is. I said I hope everything is OK with JB because he did look sad at the end of the match regardless of what the cause is and I noticed other members notice the same. Can I not wish for one's well being without you all freaking out and trying to turn this into an argument?

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,323 Times in 3,011 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leicester City View Post
    Can you all not assume and read what I wrote as it is. I said I hope everything is OK with JB because he did look sad at the end of the match regardless of what the cause is and I noticed other members notice the same. Can I not wish for one's well being without you all freaking out and trying to turn this into an argument?
    Where did he even look sad??? Lmao he was literally smiling and clapping towards the stands as he exited the stadium with the rest of the players...

Also, thank god Jahanbakhsh joined a decent team like Brighton and not a shitty one like Leicester, who lost to the same United team 2-1 LOL

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Iranianarsenal11 For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,648 Times in 10,196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PouriaAkaBarut View Post
    Gareth Bale was on the bench for Real Madrid last season, does that mean he should kiss his career goodbye ? and he was one of the most expensive players in history.
    Some of the greatest United strikers came off the bench. Ole gunner and Teddy Sheringham.

People need to calm down here. Football is a team sport. You need to contribute to the team even if you're on the bench.
    out of context but this reminds of the pep talk Lebron James had in his son's game.

Read my post again. I'm saying no player is happy to be on the bench. It doesn't mean their career is over. I'm saying if a player isn't motivated to get off the bench then they're done.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nokhodi For This Useful Post:

Persepolis Fan
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 10,624 Times in 5,312 Posts
    All I can tell you guys is that although Ali didn’t play today, I sure as hell enjoyed watching this match with my father.

To be able to watch games with my dad again after so many years is a special feeling.

Him and I used to wake up and watch Osasuna matches on GolTV every Saturday or Sunday back in the day. So to watch and follow a club from a top European league who has one of our players again is a nice feeling. Even when say Masoud and Javad didn’t play we still supported Osasuna for our boys.

Anyways, I’m sure we will see more from Jahanbakhsh! He knows the English game is a different one and he will have to work even harder and to adapt. But he will because he’s Alireza Jahanbakhsh. The MOST professional Iranian football player today. God bless him! Such a great feeling

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to teammelli91 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 20,145 Times in 7,314 Posts
    Great win by Brighton. The fact that ARJ didn't play doesn't mean much. There is an acclimation period and honestly, it will take a bit of time. Eredivisie to EPL is a huge leap, he needs time - but once he is settled, better believe your last dollar he will play a big positive part in Brighton's future.

9. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Tehranto For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,362 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Brilliant job by BHAFC. So happy for Alireza to be part of this ambitious team.

Keep calm and remain patient.

Alireza will eventually become a big part of this team. He is a professional, mature and gifted player, but needs time to adapt. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't start in the next 5-6 games.

Let's trust the club and the coach who have trusted Alireza and followed him for at least 3 years! He is not there to warm the bench for the whole season.

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    The injury to Dunk put the kybosh on any substitutions at a meaningful 66 minutes. Roll on Liverpool (A).

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Brighton back to their normal excellent dispossession stats. Game at Watford was a bad anomaly.

Man United were not that bad last season, awful in this mismatch.

PS: Just watched the whole match on TV. Man United did not look that bad on TV. Very clever goal by Glenn Murray.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 31,900 Times in 9,391 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    The injury to Dunk put the kybosh on any substitutions at a meaningful 66 minutes. Roll on Liverpool (A).

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Brighton back to their normal excellent dispossession stats. Game at Watford was a bad anomaly.

Man United were not that bad last season, awful in this mismatch.
    surprised you didnt take the piss. Thanks mate.

But yes, I noticed that about brighton too. They were up in United players grill throughout, giving them very little space. Rashford, Martial, Mata, Lukaku, and then Pogba towards the end were totally prevented from playing their game. Brighton was fortunate that the united defensive players bailly, lindelof were horrible today, and gave them those goals with their mistakes.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:

General Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TM4LIFE View Post
    Can people stop being so dramatic? Hughton and all of the Brighton fans already told us not to expect him to be starting right away, and the season is 38 games long. It's like it goes in one ear and out the other. Today was an exceptional day for Brighton, and any manager would be hesitant to make any changes that might disrupt whatever is causing their team to shut down united like that.

Next week they take on Liverpool, and we might be treated to his first start as many will be absolutely winded from the work they put in today and we all know Klopp's tactics will be very physically demanding.
    Tell me about it. So frustrating.

As I said.. Hughton is not an idiot. Bong, Stephens, March, Murray (did I miss anyone?) are not awful players. We will have good games and bad games. It's a long season and Bissouma, Jahanbankhsh and co will all get their opportunities to play as the season goes on.

At times reading the posts I just put my head in my hands, thankfully there's a few of you on here who are level headed!

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seagull For This Useful Post:

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Yep, the drama queens here need to give it a rest.

Actually, I kinda like how the coach is seemingly "protecting" ARJ by giving him time to become fit for a start, and taking pressure off of him.
    "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lapayee For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.