Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
    A pleasant development from JB's two EPL match substitute appearances: he's pretty tidy in possession.
    I was concerned about the pace and speed of the EPL, but JB has seemingly adapted well. He gets rid of the ball very quickly, often first touch, and makes smart and decisive plays. Unfortunately, his teammates have left him hanging a few times on his darting runs, but that will change with time.
    Yep, I noticed two moments for him in this game, one where he got the ball to feet and was put under pressure by a couple of players, got the ball neatly out of the tight space quickly, and the other was that chase down and perfectly timed tackle to prevent a counter attack, that was awesome to watch.

Both of those things are probably what have been the question marks for me about AJ and from the little we got to see of him today, he looks fine with the intensity required at this level. Can't wait to see him get more minutes in some of those games where we have more possession and create more chances.
    Pleased with the performance overall today, especially since we are without two of our biggest leaders in Bruno and Dunk at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
      A pleasant development from JB's two EPL match substitute appearances: he's pretty tidy in possession.

I was concerned about the pace and speed of the EPL, but JB has seemingly adapted well. He gets rid of the ball very quickly, often first touch, and makes smart and decisive plays. Unfortunately, his teammates have left him hanging a few times on his darting runs, but that will change with time.
      perfectly said I think these are the two biggest impressions he has made. he has been solid on the ball and has made great runs to get open off the ball you can see how eager he is to score. I think he needs more time to get on the same page as his team mates more than he needs to adapt to the english game bc he doesnt look to lack anything skills wise
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Match Summary

Alireza Jahanbakhsh had nine touches, three in Liverpool's half, one was defensive on the left side, all the other touches on the right. Five passes, one successful tackle, one block, one dribble, one clearance.
        https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12...rpool-Brighton

Game overall, big chances 1-2, Knockaert's miss was always more likely not, 25% chance for him. Groß chance about 50% for him. Salah was an 80% chance for him. Trent Alexander-Arnold had a 10% free kick as well. Liverpool had a handful of half chances as well, so they were good enough for a single goal win.

Gave Liverpool a last minute fright. Murray kept going the whole game. Pröpper disappointing. Bissouma debuted in the wrong game as his mistake was punished. Balogun did OK.

Better than expected. I expected 3-1, conceding from a mistake, set piece and a brilliancy and getting one back through a lapse of concentration from Liverpool. Liverpool didn't blunder but were a bit slow at getting back at times. Like Man United, Liverpool played their first choice team. I thought CH was a bit slow with the subs, as usual.

Brighton are in transition and I expect the best Brighton team will contain five changes (including Jahanbakhsh) and even more by Christmas.

Comment

So finally, that cross was sent by JB or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
            So finally, that cross was sent by JB or not?
            no. montoya

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
              Parts of North Africa are still considered Middle East. Egypt is definitely part of Middle East. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East
              thank you for stating the obvious, I made a joke! Hence the smile

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                If I am not mistaken, ARJ exchanged jerseys with Mo Salah.
                anyone can confirm this/have a picture? I'd love to see it
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City
                  Brighton fans are insulting Jahanbakhsh on Instagram saying they regret buying him and lowers the quality of team. Not sure if they genuinely think that or out of retaliation towards Iranian comments on Instagram. Pitiful either way.
                  In retrospect, I really don't understand that. He's played pretty well (the little that he has), I don't see where this is coming from (objectively speaking).

Comment

Brighton fans are insulting Jahanbakhsh on Instagram saying they regret buying him and lowers the quality of team. Not sure if they genuinely think that or out of retaliation towards Iranian comments on Instagram. Pitiful either way.
                    There's always one or two. Majority seem to be happy.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's because Iranians fans are acting like foreskin crust on their Instagram page. They're flooding the comments of every picture. Yek mosht javad e bee janbeh. Giving Iranians access to internet was a mistake.

Last edited by The; 08-26-2018, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        There's always one or two. Majority seem to be happy.
                        The thing is he didn't even play bad/play to his full potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                          The thing is he didn't even play bad/play to his full potential.
                          Having played approximately 30 mins out of the 270: 10%, he's done a good job in my opinion! He's a work horse! He just needs to stay positive and he'll get his chance !

Comment

The sooner they realise that ARJ is the grearest player they have ever had, the sooner they can start competing for real.
                            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

When you say ‘Brighton fans’ you actually mean ONE account that has 0 followers, 0 posts and who clearly isn’t a native English speaker.

I understand you’re still bitter he chose Brighton not Leicester, but seriously calm down.

Comment

It's just immature and way to early. Has ARJ justified his pricetag yet? No. Is he capable of producing and justifying it... Absolutely.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath. We are only 3 games in!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X