No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since Mourinho joined Man United they have lost just one match at Old Trafford against a club outside the top six when leading during the match against West Ham in a meaningless end of the season match two seasons ago 3-2 away.

I anticipate a cautious start from Chris Hughton, which is usual but not always the case. Brighton players will be under instructions to break up the rhythm of the United play (if they can?)
    Man United did not manage the EPL match very well at Old Trafford last season and were more than a bit lucky to get a 1-0 win with a fluke. However it was Bruno and Izquierdo who were the source of danger and neither will be playing on Sunday. Ashley Young played well for United that day, saving a good chance for Brighton by getting back to defend.

Comment

Ready for Manchester United this weekend 🔥

Dk0N_nWX4AE8_5c.jpg-large.jpeg
      We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

It's kind of scary that BHAFC might be at the bottom of the table after the game tomorrow!I know it's early but it doesn't help!

Comment

I don't know if is correct or not but livescore.com shows Ali in starting line up

http://www.livescore.com/soccer/engl...ted/1-2781964/

Comment

I’m not calling for CH to start every new player. But I think if Brighton realistically want to get something from this game they need to start bissouma and ARJ. Bissouma is the only mid Brighton have that can keep up with Pogba on a purely physical and technical level, and ARJ gibes then the best chance to break down the weak link in united team that is currently an out of form darmian. These aren’t drastic changes that will “affect the teams chemistry”(not that they’ve looked very in sync anyways but whatever), but will provide Brighton with at least some quality that will give United something to worry about. Sorry but they won’t even think twice if solly Marchand a midfield duo of propper and Stevens line up against them.

Comment

I'll never forget when kaka destroyed man u in 2007. Here hoping alireza will destroy man u also
              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

In an interview with British newspaper The Times, Queiroz had high praise for Jahanbakhsh, comparing him favorably to Ronaldo:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b...ings-jj7nhqwc9

Excerpts:

“When a player starts to score he gets that addictive taste behind the tongue. And the more he scores, the more he becomes addicted to scoring,” Carlos Queiroz says. “This is how Ali grew up and I compare it to Cristiano. His development was the same.”

[...]

Queiroz guided Ronaldo during his early years at Manchester United and gave Jahanbakhsh his international debut for Iran at 20. “He started with me early [in my reign]. I could see he had qualities suited to international football. And he had that special attitude, that perseverance,” Queiroz says.

Jahanbakhsh, who grew up in a village in Gilan, a province bordering the Caspian Sea, had moved from a modest local club, Damash, to NEC Nijmegen, who were fighting relegation in Holland. Queiroz helped him address two things. First, “he was a little anxious. He was young and trying to do everything, but that is natural. Step by step he started to manage his nerves, be cool and handle the stress of competition.”

Second, like many inexperienced wingers, Jahanbakhsh stayed wide, seeing crosses and assists as his key output rather than goals. “This is typical, like Cristiano some years ago. Ali didn’t go too many times inside the box but with work and repetitions in training, and teaching and explaining, he started to find the spaces behind the defenders. He started to understand it is inside the box that forwards score goals and he started to change.”

Queiroz sent him back to his club with targets. The first season he challenged him to score six goals, the second eight, the third 10, until last season Jahanbakhsh — bought by AZ Alkmaar having impressed at NEC — was the Eredivisie’s top scorer with 21 goals, also conjuring 12 assists.

In the modern game, says Queiroz, wingers who score are “a must because from the six players who play in front of the defence, if you don’t have four or even five who are scoring goals, you cannot succeed. That’s why with players like Ali you have to make them understand that to assist is not enough. We need them to become like the second, third forward all the time in the box.”

Queiroz says Jahanbakhsh “will be a very important player for Brighton. He has speed and finds accurate solutions to go for goal, because he’s a very straightforward player. He is not a player who needs to build up with many passes or a dribble. With simple actions he penetrates.”

[...]

Queiroz believes Jahanbakhsh can open the door for more players from Iran. “If there is one country with great potential it is Iran,” says Queiroz. “You have the passion, the talent, the right mentality. Most of the players I work with have something special inside them. If you jump to the bush from a helicopter with them, you can be sure they will survive and fight.”

And a home debut against Manchester United, who Jahanbakhsh supported as a boy? “He is ready for that,” Queiroz says.

“The bigger the game, the better Ali will play.”

Comment

Originally posted by armen View Post
                  In an interview with British newspaper The Times, Queiroz had high praise for Jahanbakhsh, comparing him favorably to Ronaldo:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b...ings-jj7nhqwc9

Excerpts:

“When a player starts to score he gets that addictive taste behind the tongue. And the more he scores, the more he becomes addicted to scoring,” Carlos Queiroz says. “This is how Ali grew up and I compare it to Cristiano. His development was the same.”

[...]

Queiroz guided Ronaldo during his early years at Manchester United and gave Jahanbakhsh his international debut for Iran at 20. “He started with me early [in my reign]. I could see he had qualities suited to international football. And he had that special attitude, that perseverance,” Queiroz says.

Jahanbakhsh, who grew up in a village in Gilan, a province bordering the Caspian Sea, had moved from a modest local club, Damash, to NEC Nijmegen, who were fighting relegation in Holland. Queiroz helped him address two things. First, “he was a little anxious. He was young and trying to do everything, but that is natural. Step by step he started to manage his nerves, be cool and handle the stress of competition.”

Second, like many inexperienced wingers, Jahanbakhsh stayed wide, seeing crosses and assists as his key output rather than goals. “This is typical, like Cristiano some years ago. Ali didn’t go too many times inside the box but with work and repetitions in training, and teaching and explaining, he started to find the spaces behind the defenders. He started to understand it is inside the box that forwards score goals and he started to change.”

Queiroz sent him back to his club with targets. The first season he challenged him to score six goals, the second eight, the third 10, until last season Jahanbakhsh — bought by AZ Alkmaar having impressed at NEC — was the Eredivisie’s top scorer with 21 goals, also conjuring 12 assists.

In the modern game, says Queiroz, wingers who score are “a must because from the six players who play in front of the defence, if you don’t have four or even five who are scoring goals, you cannot succeed. That’s why with players like Ali you have to make them understand that to assist is not enough. We need them to become like the second, third forward all the time in the box.”

Queiroz says Jahanbakhsh “will be a very important player for Brighton. He has speed and finds accurate solutions to go for goal, because he’s a very straightforward player. He is not a player who needs to build up with many passes or a dribble. With simple actions he penetrates.”

[...]

Queiroz believes Jahanbakhsh can open the door for more players from Iran. “If there is one country with great potential it is Iran,” says Queiroz. “You have the passion, the talent, the right mentality. Most of the players I work with have something special inside them. If you jump to the bush from a helicopter with them, you can be sure they will survive and fight.”

And a home debut against Manchester United, who Jahanbakhsh supported as a boy? “He is ready for that,” Queiroz says.

“The bigger the game, the better Ali will play.”
                  Unfortunately he has yet to prove that in his career

Comment

I can’t believe the negativity in this place sometimes , it’s like a bunch of old people at a bus stop moaning about everything .

He is still a player learning his trade , he smashed it in Holland and there was nothing more that he could do . In big games he would of been playing in a more defensive set up and we have already talked a million times about how he is deployed in CQ tactics for Iran with a focus on tracking back and helping his defense.

Give him a chance to prove himself , he has already done what most of us on here could only dream of doing so stop being an ass and be positive.

Oh and livescores puts up a predicted line up till the confirmed one comes out and their never right.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      I’m not calling for CH to start every new player. But I think if Brighton realistically want to get something from this game they need to start bissouma and ARJ. Bissouma is the only mid Brighton have that can keep up with Pogba on a purely physical and technical level, and ARJ gibes then the best chance to break down the weak link in united team that is currently an out of form darmian. These aren’t drastic changes that will “affect the teams chemistry”(not that they’ve looked very in sync anyways but whatever), but will provide Brighton with at least some quality that will give United something to worry about. Sorry but they won’t even think twice if solly Marchand a midfield duo of propper and Stevens line up against them.
                      The second goal at Watford came about due to the one new player to be honest. Bernardo was so far away from Duffy, so wide to the touch line, that when he and Knockaert were beaten there was so much space to attack. We'd never have conceded a goal like that last season.

So I do think it has an affect but also one game not in sync last week doesn't suddenly wipe clean last season's efforts where we were.

Dale Stephens and Davy Propper kept Pogba very quiet last season. Maybe he will run riot this afternoon but it just feels disrespectful to me to write of Stephens and Propper so quickly and so easily. They did a fantastic job last season. I fully agree as an athlete Bissouma matches up to Pogba better - I also agree Bissouma could potentially do very well if he was picked.

Solly March is not the greatest player, we know that, but we also know he's better than his performance last week. We know the team is better than the performance last week. My biggest fear today in fairness is that last season we had Knockaert and Izquierdo on the wings against United who caused them problems. March will work hard for the team but won't provide them loads to worry about. So in that respect I would like to see Jahanbakhsh start. On the other hand, if he starts and gets injured because he hasn't had the proper recuperation since the World Cup we'll be kicking ourselves.

My hope today is that even if we lose is to take some confidence from the game. We took a lot of confidence from some of our losing performances to United, and Chelsea etc last season so it would be good to do that again even if the result goes against us.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

The counter argument (and the first thing that occurred to me) was if we let Man United have too much of the ball by giving away possession we will never get it back. So I would drop Knockaert, if anybody. This would give the opportunity to one of the new players.

Based on his performance against Watford, Pröpper deserves to be dropped for giving away the ball too often.

Mourinho's Man United have a 100% win rate when they go 1-0 up, at least in the Premier League. Starting XI says do not concede.

Setting out of the match in a few minutes

Comment

Brighton v ManU will be on TSN 11am ET for those in Canada.

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
                          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Jahanbaksh on the bench

Comment

No Jahanbakhsh, Locadia and Bissouma

Comment

This forum right now:

On a serious note: I think we'll see Alireza around the 70th minute mark as a sub if Brighton is down by a goal or two. But if they're winning or tied, he might not come on as they'll go defensive.
                                Last edited by The; 08-19-2018, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X