• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farhad21 View Post
    Im sorry but this is a different season
    Did u watch the first game?
    They had no structure at all
    I think everyone knows we will probably lose but just because we were poor last weekend doesn't mean we will be poor this weekend. We had bad games last season but still beat United and Arsenal at home. Indeed we only lost 4 games at home last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
      Man Utd are coming into this game with an appetite due to their last lost at the Amex with a much stronger side and CH is reluctant to start his new players. It’s only going to end one way.
      I love how you're framing Chris Hughton as a bad manager because he is reluctant to start his new players.

This is the Chris Hughton who took Brighton from battling relegation to the third tier to the Premier League. A managers whose team was written off by everyone but stayed in the Premier League without too much drama last season.

Maybe, just maybe, he knows a thing or two about managing a football club..

Comment

If solly march starts again tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          It’s Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
            It’s Sunday.
            It's already Saturday everywhere in the world but the Americas.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

Comment

Man Utd are coming into this game with an appetite due to their last lost at the Amex with a much stronger side and CH is reluctant to start his new players. It’s only going to end one way.
                Man United expected to have 8 changes so who are their 3 players that have played at the Amex before?
                De Gea, Ashley Young (perhaps Fellaini?) and Pogba (perhaps Mata?) from last season, subs: Shaw and Lingard. Lingard has played for Brighton at the Amex and Sanchez for Arsenal.

This Man United team is a completely different kettle, but most of fall they need the points. Brighton will be considerably weaker without Bruno and Izquierdo, my two favourite players.

Comment

Solly March

Solly March may start? He never really got into his stride because of repeated injuries:

VIDEO: Solly March scores amazing goal for England Under-21s

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/video...z1810nce1ee5m7

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                    I love how you're framing Chris Hughton as a bad manager because he is reluctant to start his new players.

This is the Chris Hughton who took Brighton from battling relegation to the third tier to the Premier League. A managers whose team was written off by everyone but stayed in the Premier League without too much drama last season.

Maybe, just maybe, he knows a thing or two about managing a football club..
                    If you can read what I wrote and not read what you want to read you can see I never said anything about him being a bad manager (If I did please highlight.) The problem is why spend X amount of money on players your not willing to start against the bigger teams for a better chance of winning? Did you spend something million pounds for the new players to be decor or to help win you games?

This Brighton fan however believes CH is the one at fault for the loss against Watford and "framing CH as a bad manager", not me I'm just questioning to why the new players shouldn't start the 2nd game of the season against a top 6 team.

Comment

"I'm just questioning to why the new players shouldn't start the 2nd game of the season against a top 6 team."

because he's a proven manager and we're not...
                      "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

If you can read what I wrote and not read what you want to read you can see I never said anything about him being a bad manager (If I did please highlight.) The problem is why spend X amount of money on players your not willing to start against the bigger teams for a better chance of winning? Did you spend something million pounds for the new players to be decor or to help win you games?

This Brighton fan however believes CH is the one at fault for the loss against Watford and "framing CH as a bad manager", not me I'm just questioning to why the new players shouldn't start the 2nd game of the season against a top 6 team.
                        maybe because new players need to adapt to the club ? Especially in EPL, ARJ had barely a pre-season with Brighton can't you wait a little bit? Hughton is a good manager , not starting immediately new players doesn't make him bad at all it's how things are done in football

Comment

Originally posted by ali8karimi View Post
                          maybe because new players need to adapt to the club ? Especially in EPL, ARJ had barely a pre-season with Brighton can't you wait a little bit? Hughton is a good manager , not starting immediately new players doesn't make him bad at all it's how things are done in football
                          This isn't only just based on JB, you have players like Montoya who are fully match fit due to playing in Valencia's pre-season friendlies who aren't starting. Again, no one is saying he is a bad manager... If his player aren't giving 100 than that's the players fault.

Comment

I think it all comes down to us Iranians wanting to see JB on the field of play. We would be more understanding with a manager when he clearly wants to give new comers time to adopt to a new team, tactics, surroundings and in some cases like JB, EPL pace & physics. Furthermore, no matter how high you pay for a player, you balance giving a chance to new comers against playing the old timers, everyone will get their chance, it’s a balancing act.

He will probably get few minutes against MU and if he didn’t, so what? MU or MC, there are still 36 more EPL and hopefully a number of Cup games to go. Be patient!
                            sigpic
                            Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

This isn't only just based on JB, you have players like Montoya who are fully match fit due to playing in Valencia's pre-season friendlies who aren't starting. Again, no one is saying he is a bad manager... If his player aren't giving 100 than that's the players fault.
                              Montoya signed for us about a day and a half before the first game. There's every chance we hadn't received his international clearance by then and he didn't have one training session with the team before the match. There's a reasonable chance he will play tomorrow.

You used him not starring Jahanbakhsh and Bissouma last weekend as a reason for there only being one result this weekend. Thus you are criticising the manager. We probably we lose, but not because Hughton is a bad manager, or because Jahanbakhsh doesn't start, or because the players not giving 100%. We'll probably lose because United are one of the best clubs in the country and there is a big gap between the top 6 and the rest.

Comment

I'm fed up with these ex-Chelsea supporters who think buying players is a panacea and it is like going to the supermarket and buying a ready-made meal that you just have to heat up.

The loss at occurred at Watford because the current team is not as good as it could be at dealing with pressing teams, still can't shoot (Dale Stephens miss), still can't defend corners, and the new full back Bernardo looked like he was not ready.

I don't think right back Schelotto can play as he did not make the first team squad. Suttner (left back) did instead. I do not think the squad restrictions do anything but cause selection mistakes. Hemed made the squad because the other number 9 forwards Andone, Locadia and Murray were all injured.

Comment

Working...
                                X