Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 529

+ Reply to Thread
Page 529 of 548 FirstFirst ... 29429479519527528529530531539 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,290 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,759 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    As a Liverpool fan, I actually don't want to see him starting on Sunday. March and Knocky, please. Having said that, law of averages say he's due some sort of meaningful positive contribution to a game.
    Knockaert was horrendous in the 2nd have after coming on for Jahanbaksh last week. I'd also like to see Liverpool win the title so hoping for a Jahanbaksh start..

Jahanbaksh looked better in that game compared to Knockaert and good overall except for the harsh pk awarded against him.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to persian_pooya For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,519 Times in 7,285 Posts
    It’s simple decision for CH ..!
    If he wants them to tank back & Park the bus like the Tottenham game, ARJ is the obvious Rwb/winger choice opposite of March ..!
    If he wants his team to look to break on counters more frequently then press forward often then knocklehead is the more likely starter ahead of ARJ ..!
    I watched the first half of last game, ARJ for most part looked completely void of confidence & largely anonymous, especially after that total bs PK call ..! Still to bench him @ HT was uncalled for & real dumb of CH to drain him of the little bit of faith left in him in a meaningless result game. He shoulda given him at least 5-10 min in 2nd half to see how he responds before yanking him.

Didn’t watch the 2nd half & not sure how Knockaert faired .!? But they came back n equalize, so .!? I guess that’s another knock (pun intended) against ARJ’s chances to get any minutes vs city ..!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BacheLot For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 739 Posts
    JB will either be on the bench or not in the squad. Read an article from Andy Naylor today that suggested the only 2 new signings that might start will be Bernandi and Bissouma.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 10,135 Times in 2,903 Posts
    Kevin Conboy on Alireza (Former teammate at NEC):

"Considering the career you have had so far at club level, and representing your country, who are the best players you have played alongside?

There are many players that have made an impact on me in different ways. But if I only look at the football quality I have to mention Alireza Jahanbakhsh at NEC Nijmegen, who is now at Brighton & Hove Albion.

He was not only a brilliant footballer, but also a very humble person, which to me is also very important.

If I go on to FC Utrecht, Sebastian Haller, who is now at Eintracht Frankfurt and is having a lot of success there also.

Of course in the Danish national team Christian Eriksen was brilliant."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,519 Times in 7,285 Posts
    ^perhaps being too Humble in the cut-throat EPL coulda well contributed to his lackluster performances on the pitch and his inability to demand more respect from his Albion teammates..??

anyways....

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BacheLot For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 739 Posts

10. The Following User Says Thank You to saadat_abad For This Useful Post:

The

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Wasn't JENSEN number one goal scorer the season before he came to SPURS ?
    He ONLY came on as a sub in the Brighton match and that's because KANE is injured and they were saving forwards for the important games

My point is ... the Premiere League is TAXING. Not everyone can handle , ESPECIALLY a winger who was injured and got no time to get used to the league before he was fit enough to come back and play FOR IRAN in Asian Cup.
    So by the time AJB gets back to play consistently for Brigthon it was mid February . We are now in mid MAY.

Yes he hasn't played well.
    Yes he hasn't scored.
    But his manager's tactics have him defending a lot more than attacking
    Much like Azmoun in the World Cup

Brighton are staying in the PL because they know how to defend.
    They need to get ANDONE and AJB used to the league, which CH said would take more than one season.
    When they had counters against ARSENAL they could have won that game but ANDONE's last past was shit.

If you watch the times that Brighton get the ball to AJB on a break there is nobody within 10 yards from his own team to do a give and go with.
    He needs that.

Whether he plays or not tomorrow won't change that. IF he is gonna get a goal, its most likely to be from a shot outside the box from a ball he collects after a Brighton corner is headed out, because that's where he usually waits for the ball

STILL PROUD OF HIM REGARDLESS

Thanks
    Jahanbakhsh starting for the match, last chance of the season to see him score. Fingers crossed

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melvino For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,617 Times in 1,009 Posts
    Jahanbakhsh starting in what is the most important 3 points of the season for City, imagine if he gives Liverpool the title

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,278 Times in 925 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TM4LIFE View Post
    Jahanbakhsh starting in what is the most important 3 points of the season for City, imagine if he gives Liverpool the title
    2 goals of him make Liverpool Champion and as thank you they buy him for next season....(daydreaming)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.