Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 527

+ Reply to Thread
Page 527 of 548 FirstFirst ... 27427477517525526527528529537 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,270 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,778 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    As expected, JB is making the lists for flops of the year etc...
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Let's hope, whatever happens this weekend, that he gets a good pre-season and has his typical solid second season for Brighton.
    Remember, for Damash he scored 0 goals in first season, 2 goals in 2nd and 9 goals in 3rd
    For NEC he scored 6 goals in first season, 13 in second
    For AZ he scored 3 goals in first season, 12 in second season (and won award for best winger in Eredivisie) and 22 in third season (topping goal charts and 3rd in assist charts)
    I hope this pattern continues for him. I just really hope the team spirit in BHA improves for all of them because i've never seen a club where the players seem to spend so much time and energy glaring and throwing their hands up at each other.
    That’s what I was mentioning a few posts back, let’s see what he does when he is more comfortable .

General Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    As expected, JB is making the lists for flops of the year etc...

Let's hope, whatever happens this weekend, that he gets a good pre-season and has his typical solid second season for Brighton.

Remember, for Damash he scored 0 goals in first season, 2 goals in 2nd and 9 goals in 3rd
    For NEC he scored 6 goals in first season, 13 in second
    For AZ he scored 3 goals in first season, 12 in second season (and won award for best winger in Eredivisie) and 22 in third season (topping goal charts and 3rd in assist charts)

I hope this pattern continues for him. I just really hope the team spirit in BHA improves for all of them because i've never seen a club where the players seem to spend so much time and energy glaring and throwing their hands up at each other.
    It seems to me that Alireza's situation could be similar to Origi's whereby Klopp continues to have faith on the latter and CH on the former. What Origi faced at Wolfsburg Alireza is facing at BHA. Here is the story published in the Guardian:

How psychology helped Origi be a Liverpool hero after Wolfsburg low

Striker’s supreme mental strength has helped him bounce back from Bundesliga humiliation to be a cool conqueror of Barça

What a difference a year makes. On 5 May 2018 Divock Origi stood, shoulders slumped, at the Red Bull Arena having struggled to make an impact for Wolfsburg as they were thrashed 4-1 by Leipzig. It was another chastening afternoon at the club that had taken him on loan from Liverpool. A Bundesliga relegation play-off lay in wait after a season in which he had scored just six league goals in 34 appearances and suffered the public humiliation of being substituted in the first half against Hoffenheim two months earlier. He was then torn apart in the German press for admitting he knew nothing about Holstein Kiel, the team Wolfsburg would face in the two-legged decider.

Even an eternal optimist would have laughed off suggestions that the young Belgian could recover from such a soul-destroying experience to kickstart and finish Liverpool’s – and perhaps European club football’s – greatest ever comeback at Anfield against Barcelona 367 days later to book a place in the Champions League final.

But Origi is not your average footballer. In an interview with the Guardian he once said he would be a psychologist if he wasn’t a striker because he loves listening to TED talks, likes to know the personalities of his teammates and “studied psychology but had to stop when I got into the first team.” So, as the dust settled on the remarkable 4-0 win and Jürgen Klopp spoke glowingly of his players being “fucking mentality giants”, Origi must have been at the forefront of the manager’s thoughts.

In the quarter-final second leg at Porto Klopp berated the forward for 45 minutes for doing pretty much everything wrong before hooking him at half-time for Roberto Firmino, a player Liverpool were supposed to be resting. He could have disappeared into his shell for the rest of the season after experiencing embarrassment similar to that which he was subject to on that horrible afternoon at Hoffenheim. Instead, he knuckled down and resolved to play his part at Liverpool, emerging from the shadows to make an impact with minimal game time.

He has played only 577 minutes of football this season yet delivered in some of the biggest moments; in the sixth minute of injury time against Everton; the 87th minute at Newcastle; the seventh and 79th against Barcelona. If there were football rankings for players with the greatest “sense of occasion” he would be up there at the top. He’s scored six goals in what amounts to six and a-half games of playing time. Not bad for a bit-part player.

Liverpool’s history is studded with a fine collection of cameo players who have been unlikely heroes when thrown centre stage: Neil Mellor, Florent Sinama Pongolle, David Fairclough and Vladimir Smicer, to name but a few, but perhaps none have been loaded with greater responsibility. Klopp trusted Origi to deliver in the absence of two players who have scored 44 goals between them for Liverpool this season – and in a game of such magnitude.

Trent Alexander-Arnold is rightly being lauded for his quick-thinking as he caught Barcelona’s defence napping with the corner that set up the winner and turned Anfield into a giant bouncy castle. But it takes two to tango. There were red shirted players with their backs turned to the corner spot as well as those in Barça yellow. Origi was not among them. The player who likes to know how his teammates’ minds work was hyper alert and knew what the right-back was up to.

And then what about the finish? Some goals are scored instinctively under pressure from defenders. To miss those chances is excusable. But as the ball was fizzed into him Origi had time to think. He could see it coming. He knew he could be hero or villain. His legs could have turned to jelly. It was Madrid or (quite possibly) bust. But he kept his cool, reacted to the situation, and swept the ball home to become a cool conqueror of Barcelona.

“On the fourth goal, I knew that everyone was tired. These are things that have been done all year round in training,” he said after the match. “It is the mentality that made the difference.” None more so than his own.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snowleopard For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,925 Times in 1,346 Posts
    As a Liverpool fan, I actually don't want to see him starting on Sunday. March and Knocky, please. Having said that, law of averages say he's due some sort of meaningful positive contribution to a game.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 6,960 Times in 2,130 Posts
    ^ I actually would like to see him play a full game and score the equalizer or the winning goal to help Liverpool win the championship I continue to believe in this guy and CH and I think its just a matter of time before he shines in EPL.

Go ARJ!
    Go Brighton!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Futbaldoost For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,615 Times in 7,854 Posts
    i be hoping to see him in action vs citay ... hence affording him another chance to make some sorta mends for his weak debut season..! would love to witness a BHA upset regardless..!!
    as others already mentioned and as evident by his career track record, he is certain to improve for the upcoming season with the full Pre-season under his belt and hopefully with BHA improving their CAM position vastly in off season ..!
    yet imo his performance improvements will be rather Incremental and im still highly doubtful he'd Ever be able to tear it up down the wing like his last season at AZ in any EPL team for that matter.!!
    Reality is that, Next season Ali is still gonna be facing defenses of EPL quality and he will still be at the lowly BHA...! a club that's frankly by en large outa their depth in EPL and with the sorta do$h that their owner typically drops, all they can realistically aim for is EPL survival and possibly a miraculous/lucky run deeper into the cup competitions..!
    BTW
    Next season will certainly be the "last chance saloon" situation for Alireza..! if he fails to impose himself much better next season, he will in all likelihood be off-loaded (regardless of big lo$$)to 2-3rd rated EU leagues in best case scenario..!
    Last edited by BacheLot; 05-09-2019 at 07:16 AM.

PFDC Hall of Famer

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    As a Liverpool fan, I actually don't want to see him starting on Sunday. March and Knocky, please. Having said that, law of averages say he's due some sort of meaningful positive contribution to a game.
    He’s better at defending than Knockaert and least likely to try to take on the whole team up front, lose the ball and get done on the counter. I’d rather Brighton play ten defenders all about 6ft5 and stick them in front of the goal 😀
    YNWA

PFDC Hall of Famer

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BacheLot View Post
    i be hoping to see him in action vs citay ... hence affording him another chance to make some sorta mends for his weak debut season..! would love to witness a BHA upset regardless..!!
    as others already mentioned and as evident by his career track record, he is certain to improve for the upcoming season with the full Pre-season under his belt and hopefully with BHA improving their CAM position vastly in off season ..!
    yet imo his performance improvements will be rather Incremental and im still highly doubtful he'd Ever be able to tear it up down the wing like his last season at AZ in any EPL team for that matter.!!
    Reality is that, Next season Ali is still gonna be facing defenses of EPL quality and he will still be at the lowly BHA...! a club that's frankly by en large outa their depth in EPL and with the sorta do$h that their owner typically drops, all they can realistically aim for is EPL survival and possibly a miraculous/lucky run deeper into the cup competitions..!
    BTW
    Next season will certainly be the "last chance saloon" situation for Alireza..! if he fails to impose himself much better next season, he will in all likelihood be off-loaded (regardless of big lo$$)to 2-3rd rated EU leagues in best case scenario..!
    More likely if he has a poor half season instead of selling him they will probably look to send him out on loan in the hope that he performs well there and they can get back a better investment on him. Would do him the world of good , confidence wise as well if that does happen to go somewhere with less pressure on him.

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,615 Times in 7,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Medzdidz View Post
    More likely if he has a poor half season instead of selling him they will probably look to send him out on loan in the hope that he performs well there and they can get back a better investment on him. Would do him the world of good , confidence wise as well if that does happen to go somewhere with less pressure on him.
    I think he is on too high of wages for BHA to find a willing loan deal suitor....say in Eredivisie or other weak league clubs & unless BHA get him to accept lower wages or be willing to pay a portion of his wages..!
    Even as is Ali is still a decent depth WB/winger option for BHA & you need definitely depth in all positions to survive an EPL relegation..! He is more likely imo to @ least finish off 1 more season with BHA, than to be loaned out mid season ..!

PFDC Hall of Famer

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BacheLot View Post
    I think he is on too high of wages for BHA to find a willing loan deal suitor....say in Eredivisie or other weak league clubs & unless BHA get him to accept lower wages or be willing to pay a portion of his wages..!
    Even as is Ali is still a decent depth WB/winger option for BHA & you need definitely depth in all positions to survive an EPL relegation..! He is more likely imo to @ least finish off 1 more season with BHA, than to be loaned out mid season ..!
    Good point , hopefully he gets a few goals in pre season for them.

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    For AJ to play better on this team, the team has to accept him which they have not so far.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ali Doust For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 8

You do not have permission to view the list of names.