Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 524

+ Reply to Thread
Page 524 of 548 FirstFirst ... 24424474514522523524525526534 ... LastLast
Results 5,231 to 5,240 of 5480

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,672 Times in 2,152 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermo View Post
    I'l admit Eredivise isn't the best league but premier league is way overrated, other than the top 6 most of the league is trash. If premier league is as great as you make it out to be an english team would win UCL every second year but that's not the case. This is just another case of English people automatically assuming they're superior to the rest of the world.
    But they have depth. The metric you require is one Barcelona and Real Madrid meet but they. An do that because something like 60-70% of the leagues TV money goes to them. They are favored.

If that structure existed for the English league it would be teams like United and Chelsea still on top and far ahead and away by miles.

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,240 Times in 713 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    Are you satisfied with JB overall performance with TM?
    Nope. I wasn't satisfied because Jb's playing style did not mesh well with CQ's tactics and style. Very similar style to CH. Play AJ in an open attacking style and he will flourish. I don't understand why that's so hard to grasp.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saadat_abad For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    But they have depth. The metric you require is one Barcelona and Real Madrid meet but they. An do that because something like 60-70% of the leagues TV money goes to them. They are favored.
    If that structure existed for the English league it would be teams like United and Chelsea still on top and far ahead and away by miles.
    That's a good point, but it's not just down to that, especially when considering how much money English clubs make themselves. They still have more than enough money to spend in order to win the Champions League, but that's not the only thing that matters.

Clubs like Barca, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, + more, have much better, stronger youth systems, identities/philosophies - and develop way more quality players than English clubs too. In Certain cases, some of these clubs are also more likely to give significant playing time to younger players coming through their youth ranks / purchase and utilize younger players more in general. They've developed a consistent model that brings them repeated success, and English teams haven't developed that consistency. Not to say they aren't good though. EPL teams have become stronger over the last couple years and their league is competitive, strong, and exciting. Just saying that they are too focused on money, and are looking for success overnight by investing waaaay more in foreign players + constantly buying and selling players at ridiculous prices - so one season they're good, the next they're poor. - Too inconsistent to compete for the Champions league on a regular basis.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sam20 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Supporter
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,416 Times in 1,702 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Well, could you blame them? Unfortunately he hasn't been able to cope with EPL's physical game. Mind you, I don't think any of our players have the strength and the speed, required for EPL. The only person who was good enough was Dejagah but he was brought up in Germany.

Our players in general are rather more suitable in leagues where they can use their skills, like in Spain. Even an overall mediocre player but with great skills, like Masoud, can be relatively successful there.
    Milad does. He is our only player who is tailor made for English football with his intensity, speed and heading ability

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sam20 View Post
    That's a good point, but it's not just down to that, especially when considering how much money English clubs make themselves. They still have more than enough money to spend in order to win the Champions League, but that's not the only thing that matters.

Clubs like Barca, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, + more, have much better, stronger youth systems, identities/philosophies - and develop way more quality players than English clubs too. In Certain cases, some of these clubs are also more likely to give significant playing time to younger players coming through their youth ranks / purchase and utilize younger players more in general. They've developed a consistent model that brings them repeated success, and English teams haven't developed that consistency. Not to say they aren't good though. EPL teams have become stronger over the last couple years and their league is competitive, strong, and exciting. Just saying that they are too focused on money, and are looking for success overnight by investing waaaay more in foreign players + constantly buying and selling players at ridiculous prices - so one season they're good, the next they're poor. - Too inconsistent to compete for the Champions league on a regular basis.
    I agree with you England neglects youth for showy foreigners.

But another advantage teams like Barca, Real, Bayern have is that they can coast through their leagues and rest players for league games.
    The last 3-4 games Barcelona has literally fielded a D team in La Liga. Liverpool is in a desperate clash for a title and can't rest anyone.

Of course, some times this backfires (See PSG) but it helps for teams to get through the CL stage. Personally, I'm a big fan of the Bundesliga's style even if I follow EPL more. They let younger plays play, make mistakes, and learn from them. That's why every 3-4 years Germany pumps out class players that can at the very least make it to the bench of the German NT talentwise. Some of them like Goretzka/Kimmich soar, while some like Meyer/Werner don't go much higher. They have plenty of turnover though.

Imagine having the talent pool where you can not call up a player like Leroy Sane.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to perspolis#1 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    Milad does. He is our only player who is tailor made for English football with his intensity, speed and heading ability
    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    I think Milad would do great on Newcastle/Wolves even if he's rotational. Very tough guy to get past.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to perspolis#1 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,422 Posts
    I love Milad, but he turns the ball over too easily In Russia, so he'd probably cause many goals if he were to play as a FB in England.

He would probably do well in the role that Alireza is being forced to play (defensive winger).

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    I agree with you England neglects youth for showy foreigners.
    But another advantage teams like Barca, Real, Bayern have is that they can coast through their leagues and rest players for league games.
    The last 3-4 games Barcelona has literally fielded a D team in La Liga. Liverpool is in a desperate clash for a title and can't rest anyone.
    Of course, some times this backfires (See PSG) but it helps for teams to get through the CL stage. Personally, I'm a big fan of the Bundesliga's style even if I follow EPL more. They let younger plays play, make mistakes, and learn from them. That's why every 3-4 years Germany pumps out class players that can at the very least make it to the bench of the German NT talentwise. Some of them like Goretzka/Kimmich soar, while some like Meyer/Werner don't go much higher. They have plenty of turnover though.
    Imagine having the talent pool where you can not call up a player like Leroy Sane.
    Yes, exactly, and that's an advantage these teams have because of the success they've built over time. They don't rule over these leagues because the leagues are weak, but because these teams are strong and consistent enough to dominate them, and it mostly has to do with how these clubs are run/organized.

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    I love Milad, but he turns the ball over too easily In Russia, so he'd probably cause many goals if he were to play as a FB in England.

He would probably do well in the role that Alireza is being forced to play (defensive winger).
    Milad would do good in a 5 back setup.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ali Doust For This Useful Post:

Banned

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Camran khan View Post
    Seriously doubt anyone on the Brighton team could do as good in Holland as JB did last season.
    I have no doubt about that. I was just making a joke. Because Brighton is a fucking joke. Joke club. Joke fans. Joke coach. Shouldn't have stayed in the EPL.

ARJ hasn't even been atrocious. Just average. But if you consider he missed the pre-season. Joined a shit club, even shittier teammates, and had to adapt to a new environment and a new league I'd say he did alright.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trinity For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 589

You do not have permission to view the list of names.