Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 509

+ Reply to Thread
Page 509 of 548 FirstFirst ... 9409459499507508509510511519 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,090 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,976 Times in 3,343 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    What a disappearance:

He dominated Ajax even when he played in NEC:

2 games out of a lot of other where he was a ghost.

You can also have quoted the AZ/Lyon (Home) game where he was doing good. But the return leg (7/1 trashing), he was catastrophic

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PSGman#19 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,028 Times in 5,328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by persiangodfather View Post
    Proud to say that the biggest flop in brighton history is an iranian. We just keep accomplishing new feats every yr boys
    Well, BHA hasn't exactly been a dark horse either. They have also severely flopped in the EPL. It's a combination of a bad year for ARJ (injury/Asian Cup) and a terrible team.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to diz For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Lets just hope Ajax will decide to come back for him after they sell off the majority of their team

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,214 Times in 7,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diz View Post
    Well, BHA hasn't exactly been a dark horse either. They have also severely flopped in the EPL. It's a combination of a bad year for ARJ (injury/Asian Cup) and a terrible team.
    True that ..!
    His current sever slump certainly isn’t down to him alone ..!
    He still possess the overall class to perform quiet admirably in EPL too..! But he needs to be in an overall attacking scheme surrounded by far better quality teammates than he could ever hope to be @ at the budget-constainted team such as BHA..!
    For example if him & Son were to switch Teams, (contrary to popular belief everywhere ..!)I honestly don’t think that ARJ’s likely overall production would be a far cry short of what Son typically spits out in EPL ..!
    He certainly can carry his share of the responsibilities on the pitch in the right offensive setting & a high rated team but he certainly doesn’t have the Messi or Hazard like individualistic footballing skills to do miracles when sourounded by mostly a bunch of scrubs ..!
    He certainly won’t be catching the eye of a high caliber club in EPL with those dreadful stats obviously & there in lies the catch22..! -
    If he can find a way outa EPL to a lesser competitive top league he certainly should ..! But considering his high price tag that possibility looks dim..!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BacheLot For This Useful Post:

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
    UK is a toxic place for our players. JB should be in a mid table Bundesliga team or La Liga. Even France and Seria A would fit him better than Brighton Gooz & Altokhm.
    What you meant is that Iranian players find it impossible to adjust to the high-tempo, competitive and physical nature of the Premier League, which is arguably the most difficult league in the world when it comes to intensity of the play. That is fine. Our players, past or present, have never been of PL quality.

They have only themselves to blame. Only if their fanboys would have had some reality in their analyses.

But to flop in the Premier League is no shame. Jahanbakhsh gave it a try and failed. While I think his career is over, I don't completely exclude the possibility that he might find a club in Europe which suits his style. The only problem is no club whatsoever is likely to pay even fraction of his transfer fee or wages that Brighton mustered.

A loan next season therefore would be a more likely option, if Brighton wants to soften his financial strain on the club. Perhaps a loan to a club like Fenerbahce, similar to Vincent Janssen when he went as top scorer from AZ to Tottenham and likewise failed to impress.

Also, I find it quite disrespectful that you and others are insulting Brighton. As the only club in the world, they spend their all-time record-fee on a young Iranian player from the Netherlands to join their ranks in the most celebrated and competitive competition in the world. In addition, they only recently promoted to the Premier League, and are struggling to stay afloat in a league full with tough opponents.

We should be ever grateful to Brighton for the oppertunity they provided to Jahanbakhsh. Some of you foul mouth Iranians are disgrace to our culture.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kas-r For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,301 Times in 1,689 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kas-r View Post
    While I think his career is over, I don't completely exclude the possibility that he might find a club in Europe which suits his style.
    So which one is it? Seems like you contradicted yourself in the same sentence lolz.

Also, I find it quite disrespectful that you and others are insulting Brighton. As the only club in the world, they spend their all-time record-fee on a young Iranian player from the Netherlands to join their ranks in the most celebrated and competitive competition in the world. In addition, they only recently promoted to the Premier League, and are struggling to stay afloat in a league full with tough opponents.

We should be ever grateful to Brighton for the oppertunity they provided to Jahanbakhsh. Some of you foul mouth Iranians are disgrace to our culture.
    I don't condone insulting BHA, but it's interesting how you insult and ridicule JB for months now, yet you take exception to members poking fun at BHA in a clearly satirical manner. So it's okay to bash JB for "failing" in the PL (lol), yet it's not okay to joke about BHA's name? Got it.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KasraKhan For This Useful Post:

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KasraKhan View Post
    So which one is it? Seems like you contradicted yourself in the same sentence lolz.
    The fact that I think his career is over doesn't mean that I'm completely excluding the possibility, how small that might even be, that he will find another club in Europe at which he'll become succesfull.

I don't condone insulting BHA, but it's interesting how you insult and ridicule JB for months now, yet you take exception to members poking fun at BHA in a clearly satirical manner. So it's okay to bash JB for "failing" in the PL (lol), yet it's not okay to joke about BHA's name? Got it.
    I never insulted JB or ridiculed him. I just rated him objectively based on his performances.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,266 Times in 2,006 Posts
    At this point, it is almost safe to say that JB is one of the worst football players that has ever graced the league in England.
    This isn't really an objective assessment though.

There have been lots of worse players that him in the EPL.

Your language is a contradiction too, you can't "grace" something and be "the worst"

Everyone here is disappointed in his performance, some of us are trying to keep hopeful because we like the guy, he is a really nice boy, and he is iranian, and at the end of the day he went from Damash Gilan to topping the goals and assists of a European league albeit not top-4 elite one, through his hard work. I don't understand why you are so brutal on him, almost all your posts this year have been about him..

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DR Strangemoosh For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian

Thanks
    What you meant is that Iranian players find it impossible to adjust to the high-tempo, competitive and physical nature of the Premier League, which is arguably the most difficult league in the world when it comes to intensity of the play. That is fine. Our players, past or present, have never been of PL quality.

They have only themselves to blame. Only if their fanboys would have had some reality in their analyses.

But to flop in the Premier League is no shame. Jahanbakhsh gave it a try and failed. While I think his career is over, I don't completely exclude the possibility that he might find a club in Europe which suits his style. The only problem is no club whatsoever is likely to pay even fraction of his transfer fee or wages that Brighton mustered.

A loan next season therefore would be a more likely option, if Brighton wants to soften his financial strain on the club. Perhaps a loan to a club like Fenerbahce, similar to Vincent Janssen when he went as top scorer from AZ to Tottenham and likewise failed to impress.

This isn't really true. The league is extremely competitive, but it doesn't mean our players can never or couldn't have ever been successful in it.

Dejagah was successful although short-lived and Ando had moderate success. Also,Ghoddos had a standout performance against Arsenal, so much that Arsenal fans wanted him on their team instead of Wellbeck, and Arsene Wenger called him a "marvellous player". I think he probably could've been a better suited player for England than ARJ.

We don't really owe much to Brighton for taking a risk on signing ARJ. It's business... They wanted, nobody begged them and nobody forced them to risk the money to buy him, and it's not like they bought him from Iran... They bought him from AZ, so if anything AZ should be grateful for the money they got for him.

If Brighton didn't sign him, maybe a la liga or bundesliga team would have, maybe Ajax would have, maybe Leicester would have. I appreciate that they bought him but at the same time it hasn't worked out yet, so as a team melli fan it might've been better actually if they didn't buy him! We don't need to be "ever grateful". I will be ever grateful for Osasuna for signing Masoud, and Nekounam, because those guys at the time were unproven in Europe to begin with, and might have stayed in Iran and stagnated otherwise. Can't really say the same about Jahanbakhsh and Brighton.

I do agree we don't need to bad mouth any club, coach, or other fans where we have difference of opinion, but at the same time I don't think we need to always see them as right.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to persian_parsa For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    The real question is why Brighton wanted Jahanbakhsh and why Jahanbakhsh decided to sign a 5 year deal with them?

He seems so out of place when you look at their tactics? Did they buy Jahanbakhsh in hopes of setting up more attacking? But it doesn't seem like they want to try that for real. There are alot of questions about this signing tbh.

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.