No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brighton are unlucky with their fixture list at the beginning of the season , plus their was a few injuries and as the Brighton fans said they have had problems defending off set pieces , nothing new. They will be happy to get through these games and then move on.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      mate, hughton needs to cut the bs. You guys bought players because current ones arent good enough. Stephens, Bong, March, Murray cannot be near the first xi. Bissouma and ARJ are your hands down best players along with izquierdo and groß. To not start them would be criminal. And bong, although you mentioned is a solid defender, cannot control the ball to save his life, montoya must start behind ARJ. Bernardo is more comfortable at LB anyways. Not impressive at all, hopefully they improve...
      Changes will occur.

Murray's legs have gone and he was never very quick.
      Bruno is nearing the end of his career (hamstring injury) and Montoya may turn out to be the most important signing.

The whole team struggles against sides that press as not all of them have good technique. Some like March and Knockaert are so one footed (left) that their opponent can predict what they are going to do and have not got the pace to compensate.

Not that the other 13 clubs haven't got technique deficient players as well. Gegenpressing only works against technique deficient players any way. Against players who can control the ball properly. Challenging is less successful and can be chasing shadows.

What was uncharacteristic about the Brighton play was the number of times we lost possession or failed to control the ball properly; it is usually very good except for Murray (all target man forwards are the same) and Knockaert (wingers have a tendency to lose possession creating chances). I didn't think Bong lost the ball at that much.

Last season, Brighton's defence was mixed with Bruno in the side, almost impregnable at preventing goals from open play against the bottom 14, but abysmal at preventing set piece goals.

Watford's two full backs played above their usual standard and won completely against March and Knockaert.

Comment

Lads, please lower your expectation. This is a bottom 10 team and maybe even relegation fighting. Stop being so overdramatic.

Comment

I predict Brighton will park the bus hardcore against the next 2 games for the sake of getting a point. They won't risk it over just 2 points...

Comment

Today's performance was woeful, but you have to realize with so many late signings the true starting 11 hasn't had time to form just yet. I'm hopeful knowing once Bissouma, Jahanbakhsh, Montoya, Locadia/Andone, Izquierdo, and possibly Balogun are in the starting 11 then Brighton will be a completely different team.

I definitely expect Jahanbakhsh and Bissouma to start next week and Montoya if eligible. I'd still think Murray will start up top with Locadia replacing him if he underperforms. If Montoya doesn't start then I'd expect Balogun in there instead of Bruno.

Izquierdo was injured/unfit today so if he's match fit by next week I'd definitely expect him to feature as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
              Lads, please lower your expectation. This is a bottom 10 team and maybe even relegation fighting. Stop being so overdramatic.
              I would not say Brighton are a relegation team. They were never at threat of being relegated last season. Please also refer to my other post right above

Comment

Exactly. This teams goal is to survive...nothing else should be expected.

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                  I would not say Brighton are a relegation team. They were never at threat of being relegated last season. Please also refer to my other post right above
                  I said maybe. Also that was last season, the dynamic has changed massively. This season the bottom teams have been spending big and good, but we now have Wolves and Fulham who went in hard in the transfer window.

Personally I think the bottom three will be:
                  -Cardiff
                  -Newcastle
                  -Brighton

Comment

with our luck brighton will be relegated.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      with our luck brighton will be relegated.
                      Which luck? The topscorer of Holland decided to go to a bottom team, so yes the chance of relegating are high.

Comment

I'm not expecting Brighton to win the EPL but let's wait until the Christmas break before we go all doom and gloom.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                          Which luck? The topscorer of Holland decided to go to a bottom team, so yes the chance of relegating are high.
                          the luck that typically is not associated with any part of iranian football.

Comment

I said maybe. Also that was last season, the dynamic has changed massively. This season the bottom teams have been spending big and good, but we now have Wolves and Fulham who went in hard in the transfer window.

Personally I think the bottom three will be:
                            -Cardiff
                            -Newcastle
                            -Brighton
                            Brighton have spent big and good as well. Seems like you didn't look at my other post.. Besides Jahanbakhsh, Bissouma, Andone, Montoya, Bernardo, and Balogun have all been strong signings for Brighton.

Then you have Locadia that came in the middle of last season, plus Izquierdo that has been with the team for a year. Both strong signings.

From the picture below you can see Brighton was the 10th biggest spender this season. Yes newbies Fulham, and Wolverhampton spent more but they're coming from the championship and needed to bolster their squads more. So the only team that finished in the bottom half that spent more than Brighton is West Ham. But you should not only look at the amount of money spent, bought more so at the players coming in and their qualities.

So in short the 11 you saw today is going to change drastically as new players get incorporated, and Brighton had a very strong transfer season.

Comment

Alireza’s comments after the game:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06h6m4x
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Come on guys. All this negativism after only one game?

We all know BHA ain't no manchester or Chelsea. Let's wait anther 6-7 weeks before judging them.

EPL is not an easy competition and most teams outside the big6 play their best at home games. I am sure we will see a much better team after all these new signing like ARJ, Bissouma, etc will get to know each other.

Let's enjoy that our boy celebrated his 25th Birthday with a debut in PL!

Good luck to BHA and Alireza!

Comment

Working...
                                X