Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 496

+ Reply to Thread
Page 496 of 548 FirstFirst ... 396446486494495496497498506546 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,960 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Brighton had a tough time yesterday. Tottenham cleary couple of levels above them. As of the 70th minute Alderweireld and Vertonghen were playing halfway up the field on Brighton's side as Brighton did not make any effort to create chances on the counter. As Cruijff would say 'offense is the best defence', by threatening with the counter Tottenham would not play so high up the field which would have given the Brighton defense a more easier task to defend.

Looking at JB, he did his job, nothing special, nothing bad. He knows how to pass a ball and shows quality in teamplay. I do think that he lacks defensive skills (especially positionally) as he was standing wrong while defending the left wing (with his back towards Rose, not in an open position) and sometimes closed the wrong side (outside, instead of the centre as Tottenham was clearly was trying to force through the middle) but this is nothing strange as he is a rightwinger and not a right back. Hope that Brighton stays in the EPL and that Jahanbakhsh could show his skillset more in the coming season; I do not think that the Championship is the right level for him.

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    I think he will still have offer this summer hope he will choose a better club but infortunately I know he is a hardworker and will stay but he will not progress offensively with this type of tactic, a team like wolwerhampton suit him more

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,080 Times in 1,928 Posts
    LOL..

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    LOL..

Casual xenophobia. Honestly, I think that's partly why people are so hard on JB.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to happydoggo For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,344 Times in 4,471 Posts
    Thanks for posting the comments of their fans.

When you add it all up, it makes sense that the fans that post here write such rubbish about JB as well.

I watched the entire game yesterday.

He was a winger, midfielder, and right back the whole game.

Montoya wouldn't have stood a chance without ARJ in front of him.

In my opinion he did everything asked of him by CH in a game like this.

- Put in a really good shift defensively
    - Won a lot of loose balls and stopped a few potentially counter attacking opportunities.
    - Neutralized son(he is used to this as he has done this for years when we play korea)
    - He had some decent actions going forward as well.

I think regardless of if brighton stay up or go down(hopefully they go down), ARJ should leave this team.

The team and fan environment is toxic and this team is literally the MOST clueless team in the PL tactically.

They have no clear plan going forward and the support the attackers get from the midfield is abysmal.
    AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KeonKish For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,080 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happydoggo View Post
    Casual xenophobia. Honestly, I think that's partly why people are so hard on JB.
    There was one dude on twitter @wearebrighton who conflated iranians with foreign-sounding names, posting these images as evidence for "While the supporters of Jahanbakhsh might want to stone any gay people to death" back in December.

Not a single iranian name in there....

They really aren't the brightest mob. Shame because Brighton itself is quite a progressive city.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DR Strangemoosh For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    There was one dude on twitter @wearebrighton who conflated iranians with foreign-sounding names, posting these images as evidence for "While the supporters of Jahanbakhsh might want to stone any gay people to death" back in December.

Not a single iranian name in there....

They really aren't the brightest mob. Shame because Brighton itself is quite a progressive city.
    Yes, I unknowingly followed him for a while before I realized all he did was talking shit about literally everything. Such a toxic person. Brighton fans have alot of nice people, but among them are real assholes with extremely negative and toxic behaviour.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to happydoggo For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    I think most of them are normal fans. Emotional, stressed out with the situation they are in, etc. But they are not a very rich club, and they are in the brink of falling into the championship. Any bottom half EPL teams record signing will have high expectations! They expect him to score, and at times be a leader and difference maker for their team. And quite honestly ARJ has not done that. Are their expectations reasonable? maybe maybe not. But it's their expectations nonetheless.

in my opinion, Jahanbakhsh hasn't been a failure. He's been pretty solid, had a few good games and a few bad ones. But from the perspective of a player coming into a new team, different country, different everything and also dealing with injury and Asian cup, in a team that's tactics don't seem to suit attacking players, it's understandable in my opinion. But probably he's below expectations for a Brighton fan.

I can disagree on things with the Brighton fans posting in here, but I still appreciate their feedback and it gives us the Brighton fan perspective with a whole different set of expectations than we have.

We shouldn't be getting in personal conflicts with each other and painting the entire Brighton fan base with a bad brush based on some extremist posts from a certain few in their own boards.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to persian_parsa For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,294 Times in 2,840 Posts
    I just want to know what their expectation is from him offensively in a game like that. Win the ball... go on a 70 yard run dribble Rose/Vertonghen/Aldeiwereld and chip Hugo Lloris?

They know this is not FIFA 14 right?

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to perspolis#1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    I just want to know what their expectation is from him offensively in a game like that. Win the ball... go on a 70 yard run dribble Rose/Vertonghen/Aldeiwereld and chip Hugo Lloris?

They know this is not FIFA 14 right?
    If you spend 10 minutes on their forum (NOT recommended for your sanity) you'll see they have a large number of stupid people.

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.