Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    nothing. ARJ rejected leicesters himself bc he didnt get the same "vibe". And they were willing to pay him more. His own fault. He would have started there as they dont have a right wing (since they wouldnt have gotten the crappy rachid ghezzal if they got ARJ). Leicester are a class above brighton.
    yeah but if his name was Jahaninho with his stats in the eredevise he would've been picked up by Man United or Bayern or something. It's just sad to see that only two average EPL sides like Leicester and Brighton wanted him.

Comment

Ok, at least we now know he will get plenty of playing time in this team...

Comment

Originally posted by ShervinJ View Post
        I thought fans told us their defense was one of their strongest assets? Absolutely shambolic
        Bruno (best player) went off. He makes a great deal of difference with both goals coming from the Albion's right. But Watford won it in midfield. That is the snag with having two wingers, Brighton are outnumbered in the middle of the park. (NB: I am not a fan of 4-4-1-1 with two wingers away).

As others have said, Solly March is not either quick or skilful enough to threaten anybody, and Knockaert is slow and loses the ball a lot. That's why Brighton got two new wingers. They might be integrated earlier after that below par performance,

Warren Aspinall on Seagulls Player says the same thing about Bruno as I write this.

Comment

At least Jahanbakhsh made his debut today and also had a direct impact. Let's stay positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
            Bruno (best player) went off. He makes a great deal of difference with both goals coming from the right. But Watford won it in midfield. That is the snag with having two wingers, Brighton are outnumbered in the middle of the park. (NB: I am not a fan of 4-4-1-1 with two wingers away).

As others have said, Solly March is not either quick or skillful enough to threaten anybody, and Knockaert is slow and loses the ball a lot. That's why Brighton got two new wingers.

Warren Aspinall on Seagulls Player says the same thing about Bruno as I write this.
            I think with Andone, Bissouma, and Jahanbakhsh starting, Brighton will look more dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
              Bruno (best player) went off. He makes a great deal of difference with both goals coming from the right. But Watford won it in midfield. That is the snag with having two wingers, Brighton are outnumbered in the middle of the park. (NB: I am not a fan of 4-4-1-1 with two wingers away).

As others have said, Solly March is not either quick or skillful enough to threaten anybody, and Knockaert is slow and loses the ball a lot. That's why Brighton got two new wingers.

mate, hughton needs to cut the bs. You guys bought players because current ones arent good enough. Stephens, Bong, March, Murray cannot be near the first xi. Bissouma and ARJ are your hands down best players along with izquierdo and groß. To not start them would be criminal. And bong, although you mentioned is a solid defender, cannot control the ball to save his life, montoya must start behind ARJ. Bernardo is more comfortable at LB anyways. Not impressive at all, hopefully they improve...

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                Ken Sema, Saman's former teammate at Ostersunds, on for Watford, and Saman is still eating chocolates in Sweden.
                I doubt he will last in Watford, better players like Berghuis who is a very good player at Feyenoord didn't even make it when he went to Watford. Let alone this Sema guy coming from the Allsvenskan...

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                  I doubt he will last in Watford, better players like Berghuis who is a very good player at Feyenoord didn't even make it when he went to Watford. Let alone this Sema guy coming from the Allsvenskan...
                  no way. Sema was excellent in pre season and his build is literally made for PL. Berghuis was way too lightweight and not aggressive enough. I think sema will fit in really well.

Comment

Guys, it's just one match, let's not panic. Sure, BHA must perform better, and they will. But, I don't think it's time to set off the alarm after losing the first match.

They have a lot of new players that Hughton will integrate slowly (whether justifiably or not), but once this team is up and running, they'll be fine. Montoya, Bissouma, and JB could be key players in the fight for survival. And Bruno, their captain and heart and soul, got injured early.

Also, it's not going to get immedeatly easier, as their schedule is very tough to start the season. (vs Man U, @ Liverpool, vs Fulham, @ Southampton, vs Tottenham, and @ Man City). They should beat Fulham at home (especially since Palace just beat them), and hopefully they get a result @ Southampton. It softens up considerably after that.

Let's just enjoy the ride. JB is going to play Man U next weekend. Pretty cool to think about, right? After Mourinho had his hands full with Azmoun a few years ago in the Europa League, now he has another Iranian to worry about. It's going to be a hell of a year and I will ride with BHA until the end!

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                      how long it took for the jersey to arrive?
                      2-3 days. I live in California

Comment

I am pretty confident, that Hughton will give Jahanbakhsh more minutes next game, as he stated that the last 20 minutes of the game were the best of their game today. Although against Man United they will probably play more defensively they should play Bissouma from the beginning and bring Jahanbakhsh at least for the complete 2nd half.

Comment

Originally posted by TAJ_LIVERPOOL View Post
                          With all due respect to the Brighton fans on this forum it almost makes me cringe to see one JB play for Brighton. The guy was the top scorer in eredevise last season with double digit assists. The year before that he was the best winger in the league, two years before that in NEC he was the best player of the second division. This kid has proven himself year after year in the Netherlands but the best team that seriously wanted him is Brighton. What have we done as a culture to deserve this?
                          TAJ_LIVERPOOL Jaan, its great that you ask this question. It shifts the question/inquiry back to us and creates the space for us to take resposibility for our 'situation'. Undoubtedly, we have been subject to racism from American and British (and European in general) centers of power that continues to impact the opporunity (or lack there of) for our best talent. Nevertheless, I rather make the best of every situation (like ARJ) 😀 . While we continue to engage in the inquiry we just need to persevere and hope for the best. Its still early to judge ARJ's decision to join BHAFC, lets give it some time and see. On the inquiry side, I am currently reading Neda Maghbouleh's 'The Limits of Whiteness, Iranian Americans and the Everyday Politics of Race' and I highly recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                            TAJ_LIVERPOOL Jaan, its great that you ask this question. It shifts the question/inquiry back to us and creates the space for us to take resposibility for our 'situation'. Undoubtedly, we have been subject to racism from American and British (and European in general) centers of power that continues to impact the opporunity (or lack there of) for our best talent. Nevertheless, I rather make the best of every situation (like ARJ) 😀 . While we continue to engage in the inquiry we just need to persevere and hope for the best. Its still early to judge ARJ's decision to join BHAFC, lets give it some time and see. On the inquiry side, I am currently reading Neda Maghbouleh's 'The Limits of Whiteness, Iranian Americans and the Everyday Politics of Race' and I highly recommend it.
                            I'm sure he's eventually going to succeed in England just because of pure dedication. All I'm saying is clubs buy 16-18 y/o unproven kids from Brazil, France, Spain for fortunes but investing 17 Million Pounds in someone who's literally been proving his worth for 5 years in the Netherlands is "risky" for them. Our boys are gonna prove them all wrong this year. Hopefully we can get Charleroi and Trabzonspor to win a trophy this year with 3 Iranian starters.

I'll definitely check out that book by the way.

Comment

Today’s performance from Brighton was extremely underwhelming, but it is a SEASON not a knockout tournament, and things will change for the better. I think this game made things clear to Hughton that the transitions need to happen more rapidly. Murray was shocking, in fact the entire offensive line was shocking until Bissouma came on. AJB added much livelihood as well, some great movement and dangerous passes but Brighton was too busy fouling in their own defensive third to even be able to work the ball up to their wingers and forwards. Expect lots of changes for the coming games.

There are many on this site who are in many ways poachers. It is completely unreasonable to state that he is going to be a bench warmer for Brighton simply because of the opening game. In what universe are players who joined the team late (after the WC), who need a bit more time reaching fitness, going to immediately start on the first game of the season? I mean even Vardy was benched yesterday. But of course, people like Hoorad will jump at any opportunity to criticize Jahanbakhsh’s move, regardless of the circumstances.

The fact of the matter is, every team needs adjustment to find what works for them, and should never be written off so blindly over a season opener. So, everyone just relax and cut the BS, because it’s getting exhausting to read.

Comment

I don't kmow what's more painful for my eyes, having to watch a Hughton side at an away game or watchig the kneejerk reactions in here.

He got 20 minutes in the prem in the team's first game to test the water and experience what it's like. Watford away is the Wet and Windy Tuesday Night at Stoke of the prem these days, a team filled with geezers who wouldn't look out of place headlining the next UFC event. You can't make clear judgements on any player or team this early on in the season but get used to watching Brighton set up so negatively, particularly away from home. At least it still beats having to watch that shite we know as the Eredivisie.

Comment

Working...
                                X