Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 471

+ Reply to Thread
Page 471 of 548 FirstFirst ... 371421461469470471472473481521 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,710 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,518 Times in 2,940 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    I'm thinking we should just stick to La Liga and Bundesliga. They at least give players an outlet for creativity and trial and error

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks

Brighton & Hove Albion 0 Cardiff City 2

Opinions are varied, so I thought I'd put the local journo's view:

Andy Naylor

@AndyNaylorArgus
    33m33 minutes ago
    More Andy Naylor Retweeted Louis Myles
    Actually a valid point.
    For those who weren't at the game, there was a reaction.
    Started well, created more in the first 15 mins than the previous two at home put together.
    Conceding on counter changed everything. Confidence drained. #bhafc

@AndyNaylorArgus
    5h5 hours ago
    More
    Cracking goal by Mendez-Laing.
    Albion done on a counter again when Propper lost possession midway inside the Cardiff half.
    Mendez-Laing broke, exchanged passes with Hoillet, curled past Ryan from 20 yards, 0-1 (22). #bhafc

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 801 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pouya View Post
    He always risked new opportunities up until Brighton. All his previous moves were risky; from Iran to Netherlands lower division teams, being the star of his team and leaving to AZ. He finally chose Brighton over Leicester because what? He loved the fans? He thought they respect him a lot? his exact words... sad for him but at such a young age, you won't grow unless you take bigger steps. Even though I support him 100%, I personally have never looked at JB as an outstanding player. He was just always very hard working which usually works in a less competitive environment (i.e. Eredevisie), I still think he made the wrong choice to go Brighton over Leicester.
    you make it sounds like he had an actual choice...

football transfer are rarely so black and white. there may have been financial issues involved (maybe better pay from Brighton?)
    or perhaps Leicester's interest was not as firm and genuine as Brighton

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hadi For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 801 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran_19 View Post
    He made a terrible choice, i wasn't expecting this from him to be honest. Now with such a transfer fee it will be hard to move him or even loan him out!
    what does a player's previous transfer fee have to do with being able to move?

Brighton will cut loss. he will be sold to overseas clubs. I doubt anyone in England will risk buying him

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Yoo both persianfootball and northstandchat are having a melt down over the poor kid.
    There is something fundamentally not clicking on this squad along with some narcissism thrown to Jahanbaksh from some of his squad mates. Right passes are not made by any means. They are more chasing the ball than playing the ball.
    Simply they do not play as a team, I've seen all their players get frustrated from not getting the easy 1-2 pass multiple times, including Ali.
    That SH*t is utterly brutal to team moral and the winning mentality.

Edit

Honest question, is Ali even close to any of his squad mates? I feel at times he is really not apart of the Albion family in the locker room....

High-Ranked Member

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadi View Post
    what does a player's previous transfer fee have to do with being able to move?

Brighton will cut loss. he will be sold to overseas clubs. I doubt anyone in England will risk buying him
    Premier League wages are higher and foreign clubs cannot match them.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,518 Times in 2,940 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arvin_guzoo View Post
    Yoo both persianfootball and northstandchat are having a melt down over the poor kid.
    There is something fundamentally not clicking on this squad along with some narcissism thrown to Jahanbaksh from some of his squad mates. Right passes are not made by any means. They are more chasing the ball than playing the ball.
    Simply they do not play as a team, I've seen all their players get frustrated from not getting the easy 1-2 pass multiple times, including Ali.
    That SH*t is utterly brutal to team moral and the winning mentality.

Edit

Honest question, is Ali even close to any of his squad mates? I feel at times he is really not apart of the Albion family in the locker room....
    Ironically I've only ever seen him be close to Kayal

PFDC Valedictorian

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Premier League wages are higher and foreign clubs cannot match them.
    Top clubs in other leagues (like Ajax) can afford ARJ wages. Before he left for Brighton he was arguably the best player in the Dutch league. He can probably get the similar salary that Brighton is paying him in a Dutch team.

Ziyech gets 3 million euro a year, and if I'm not mistaken ARJ is earning less than a million a year in Brighton.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PFDC Valedictorian

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    Ironically I've only ever seen him be close to Kayal
    I've seen him be close with Yves Bissouma as well

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,278 Times in 1,894 Posts
    alireza need to work on him self in the summer and come back stronger.

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.