Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 452

+ Reply to Thread
Page 452 of 548 FirstFirst ... 352402442450451452453454462502 ... LastLast
Results 4,511 to 4,520 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,491 Times in 7,268 Posts
    ^ lol
    odds are stacked against him having an explosive performance obviously ..!

i think if BHA could vastly improve on their overall Team (especially MF/ATTACK) PRESSING tactics they stand a good chance of winning that vital clash on Tuesday..!
    a Tie should also see them survive relegation.... they can ill-afford to loose that game though..!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BacheLot For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,800 Times in 5,561 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    How one can build something around a player that just arrived, was injuried during 1 or 2 months and miss an other 1 month with Asian cup?
    Agreed, but he’s been fit since the Asian Cup without any change in team plans/tactics. Today was a startling demonstration.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,415 Times in 2,058 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irani8perspolis View Post
    From what I heard, at Leicester it was the board who wanted him not the manager. That is why he went to Brighton as CH was the one who directly wanted him.
    It's been pretty clear that Hughton rates him - from travelling to Holland to see him pick up the Eredivisie award at the start of this season to his post match comments. Over the last few games he wasn't predicted to start in the british newspapers and yet he did. He takes him off at around the same time as the first sub, suggesting he thinks his conditioning and fitness still needs work.

So we can't blame JB for choosing to go to a club in the world's "best league" where the manager has been watching and rating him highly.

Hindsight is always 20/20 (6/6)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DR Strangemoosh For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,491 Times in 7,268 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TM4LIFE View Post
    Problem has been that CH's midfield isn't built for the 4-3-3 transition that he has tried to make. He has attempted it, but Stephens-Propper-Bissouma isnt a triad that can take a hold of a midfield. He needs to get rid of Stephens and find a defensive midfielder with more pace and stamina that is less hurried on the ball, someone like Fred for United or Ebrahimi for us. I also don't think Montoya is a good signing, its really confusing what contribution he even brings to the defensive system. Propper is a good player, Bissouma is a good player, but both tend to be very short sighted when bringing the ball up and aren't good at finding outlets. Bissouma is a mess defensively. If the right adjustments were made, the wingers could finally be given some freedom and start to create goals and you would see Bissouma being able to push forward more so that the striker doesn't look so isolated all the time.
    Hope that Brighton don't get relegated and that they make a couple good signings in the central midfield. The transition Hughton is attempting is a positive one for being a more established premier league side.
    good post
    Transition Play @ MF is simply way too static, slow and overall horrid in the current CH set-up and simply not good enough to worry any EPL opposition atm..!!
    Dale Stephens should bear the majority of the blame on that front, as it takes the guy forever and more to release a pass.... much longer than that for him to send in anything resembling a decent Forward Pass..!
    he either needs to be pushed back to only sit in front of the back-4 and just break-up opposition plays or better yet benched and reconfigure the whole formation and game tactics..! ffs give more playing time to Kayal..!
    Last edited by BacheLot; 04-13-2019 at 01:14 PM.

General Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    I don't want our guests to leave us and I value some of his insights. It's just that some fans of that club, and other clubs, fail to move beyond a championship mindset.
    JB's qualities are not immediately obvious, and someone like Knockaert who was good in the championship, is judged better by them compared to what he brings to the premiership.
    But none of them gave a crap about his pinpoint pitch-width balls and diagonal, which im sorry to go on about but they are quite actually unique in terms of how good he is at them.
    To be honest I only got annoyed with Perseus recently when he was blaming/putting JB on par with players who had performed much worse than him during the game, which is never going to be too bright in Persian football.com is it?
    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately he does not add much whether he is here or not.
    At this point my problem with the person is his lack of understanding of the game and not understanding that even god could not help this BHA team, especially the way they play.
    Convo with him is pretty much an exercise in futility. A typical exchange with him: You tell him that the BHAFC is deficient in the MF and up and down the spine, his reply is "I would play Bruno and Izquierdo!!" You tell him that Bissouma is a problem in the midfield because he kills the speed of the attack, and Proper and Stephens are redundant and playing them at the same time is problematic, his answer is some percentages and long ball stats which gives away the fact that the team has no midfield play and falls back on playing Bong, Bruno and Izquierdo!!
    He can say ARJ has not done well and I can understand that, but acting as if he is the weak point (a winger at that) and responsible for BHA crappy play of the team or the lower than low caliber of the other players on the pitch just takes a lot of chutzpah.
    That is why I decided to not to pay much attention to him, engaging him is like trying to play chess with a Springer Spaniel!!

PFDC Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,800 Times in 5,561 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BacheLot View Post
    ^ lol
    odds are stacked against him having an explosive performance obviously ..!

i think if BHA could vastly improve on their overall Team (especially MF/ATTACK) PRESSING tactics they stand a good chance of winning that vital clash on Tuesday..!
    a Tie should also see them survive relegation.... they can ill-afford to loose that game though..!!
    Agree that no one is expecting a hat trick, but if ARJ scores on Tuesday, he could singlehandly save the team and uptick his stock.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to diz For This Useful Post:

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    He gets an F-

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,284 Times in 589 Posts
    Any highlights or the red card?

General Member
    Thanks
    They showed it on NBC Sports Channel. It was a two footed tackle with studs up about mid shin high. Really stupid and dangerous. Most likely done out of frustration.

General Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TM4LIFE View Post
    Problem has been that CH's midfield isn't built for the 4-3-3 transition that he has tried to make. He has attempted it, but Stephens-Propper-Bissouma isnt a triad that can take a hold of a midfield. He needs to get rid of Stephens and find a defensive midfielder with more pace and stamina that is less hurried on the ball, someone like Fred for United or Ebrahimi for us. I also don't think Montoya is a good signing, its really confusing what contribution he even brings to the defensive system. Propper is a good player, Bissouma is a good player, but both tend to be very short sighted when bringing the ball up and aren't good at finding outlets. Bissouma is a mess defensively. If the right adjustments were made, the wingers could finally be given some freedom and start to create goals and you would see Bissouma being able to push forward more so that the striker doesn't look so isolated all the time.
    Hope that Brighton don't get relegated and that they make a couple good signings in the central midfield. The transition Hughton is attempting is a positive one for being a more established premier league side.
    Agree, this team is not set up for 4-3-3 and probably will do a lot better with 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1 formation.
    CH needs to play either Stephens or Proper (the latter preferably), having two slow D-mids with no or bad vision is not good when you play a 4-3-3 formation that is dependent on a strong active midfield.
    Let's not beat around the bush with Bissouma, with the chances he has been given he has been kind of disappointing. 80% of the time he gets the ball dribbles around because he has no awareness of the field, eventually looks up and then makes a safe pass or loses the ball, meanwhile destroying any chance of quick counter. At least two of these boneheaded episodes have led to goals in games where BHA has lost 1-0.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to zahedika For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.