Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 44

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 548 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144544 ... LastLast

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

PFDC Supporter
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 1,525 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Facts about Brighton and Hove (Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])

Hove is a town in Sussex, one of the "home counties" of the United Kingdom. The reason why they are called home counties is that King Jarvis V had a home in each county. But he never lived in them.

The name Hove comes from the company "Hovis", who make flour and bread. In the late 18th century, Hovis made a new type of product called "Best of Both", and this is why Hove decided to unite with its arch enemy Brighton to form Brighton and Hove.

Unfortunately, both the Brightons (the supporters of Brighton) and the Hovinders (supporters of Hove) could not unite. Therefore, they needed to find a tale in mythology to allow them to join. This was the ancient story of "Albion", a land which existed before Britain was forged out of the ancient Pangaea. William Blake references it in his mythology, as does Ptolemy in his map of the UK. This was a tale of a troubled land which was by four sons - one who came from the town of Burton, another from the west of a village called Bromwich, and two twins who came from both Brighton and Hove. Together, they united the nation and defeated their ancient enemies.

Since this story has been recounted to generations of children in both Brighton and Hove, the club has risen to its current position. It truly is the best of both.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DR Strangemoosh For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,552 Times in 502 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    Facts about Brighton and Hove (Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])

Hove is a town in Sussex, one of the "home counties" of the United Kingdom. The reason why they are called home counties is that King Jarvis V had a home in each county. But he never lived in them.

The name Hove comes from the company "Hovis", who make flour and bread. In the late 18th century, Hovis made a new type of product called "Best of Both", and this is why Hove decided to unite with its arch enemy Brighton to form Brighton and Hove.

Unfortunately, both the Brightons (the supporters of Brighton) and the Hovinders (supporters of Hove) could not unite. Therefore, they needed to find a tale in mythology to allow them to join. This was the ancient story of "Albion", a land which existed before Britain was forged out of the ancient Pangaea. William Blake references it in his mythology, as does Ptolemy in his map of the UK. This was a tale of a troubled land which was by four sons - one who came from the town of Burton, another from the west of a village called Bromwich, and two twins who came from both Brighton and Hove. Together, they united the nation and defeated their ancient enemies.

Since this story has been recounted to generations of children in both Brighton and Hove, the club has risen to its current position. It truly is the best of both.
    that source tho

Thanks
    For watching games from the states... legally... should I shell out for NBC sports gold, or through Brighton themselves or something else?

PFDC's Highest Freak
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oreosx11 View Post
    For watching games from the states... legally... should I shell out for NBC sports gold, or through Brighton themselves or something else?
    I used to pay for PS Vue with tons of channels that included NBC Sports but I might do NBC Sports Gold on its own instead. It's the same price minus all the crap that I never watched anyway.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,768 Times in 2,037 Posts
    Just use Acestream...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoorad View Post
    Just use Acestream...
    The point is to put my money towards supporting ARJ/Brighton. Acestream and other online bootleg streaming services don't do that. That's why I said "legally."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to oreosx11 For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 791 Posts
    I was also considering NBC Sports Gold, but from my understanding, they don't show every EPL match. Their page guarantees a minimum of four matches per club: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I was hoping for something that showed every EPL match, like we have for NBA, MLB and NFL in the U.S., but unfortunately, I don't think that exists for EPL.

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,802 Times in 1,528 Posts
    ARJ on his debut match for BHAFC

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to O-ZoNe For This Useful Post:

General Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Seagulls TV will not allow you to watch games live but they do put up roughly 20 minutes of highlights of every match.

It'll also have pre and post match interviews such as the pre-match media briefing a couple of days before a game where a member of staff and a player or two will take questions from the worlds media.

They tend to put up montages or clips from TV shows that you may not have access to otherwise.

In terms of live games though you'd be looking at NBC I think. I think NBC Gold has every game unless it's being covered live on one of their main channels?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seagull For This Useful Post:

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 20,141 Times in 7,314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
    Seagulls TV will not allow you to watch games live but they do put up roughly 20 minutes of highlights of every match.

It'll also have pre and post match interviews such as the pre-match media briefing a couple of days before a game where a member of staff and a player or two will take questions from the worlds media.

They tend to put up montages or clips from TV shows that you may not have access to otherwise.

In terms of live games though you'd be looking at NBC I think. I think NBC Gold has every game unless it's being covered live on one of their main channels?
    Hey bro - any idea what Alireza's number is and what will be on the back of his jersey? Kind of need to know as soon as possible - for a bday gift.

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 701

You do not have permission to view the list of names.